The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Internet Browser Compatibility - Posting Issues  (Read 11595 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Internet Browser Compatibility - Posting Issues
« on: May 10, 2018, 02:42:19 AM »
Recently it has been noticed that there are numerous posting issues across a few internet browsers, these results may vary across Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, and OS X operating systems.

Firefox: It has been brought to attention recently that in relation to a recent firefox update: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/60.0/releasenotes/ the posting box (WYSIWYG Editor) no longer works. If you attempt to use anything other than "Quick Reply" in threads, you will be unable to post because the posting box is "greyed out" as a result of the new update. This issue also affects Android and iOS devices with Firefox internet browsers.

See Firefox bug here:

There is a workaround for this Firefox issue at this time, if you are willing to press "Toggle View", you can type as normal, but if you reset "Toggle View" you won't see what you have typed out until you press "Preview". 

See the Firefox workaround here:

Chrome & Opera: There are currently no issues with posting with these internet browsers.

Internet Explorer: While the posting box (WYSIWYG Editor) appears to work fine, there are no shortcut options in the posting box, but if you know how to enter BBCode manually this is still usable.

See Internet Explorer bug here:

Microsoft Edge: The text appears by default to be black font in the (WYSIWYG Editor) posting box.

See Microsoft Edge bug here:

To view the text normally in Microsoft Edge, the "Toggle View" button must be pressed.

See Microsoft Edge workaround here:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:24:40 AM by White Wolf Guardian, Reason: Mobile devices »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Re: Internet Browser Compatibility - Posting Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 02:56:05 AM »
Please note we are investigating and working on potential fixes for these issues. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 05:02:59 PM »
I'm still unable to turn up anything helpful via google search Clearing cookies and cache has not fixed the problem so it appears to not be a corrupt cookie causing the issue.

Since this appears to be an issue via Firefox and IE is it possible that and older version of the editor is being used?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1088002
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 05:07:50 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 12:03:11 AM »
No updates have been found for this.

At this time all members have had their settings changed to disable the WYSIWYG editor. The standard editor works the same but will show BBCode instead. You can change the setting back if you choose.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 02:18:56 AM »
 nothing changed on my end, tweak still using updated firefox apparently it must be a small issue since the recent update hasn't fixed it.

update, fixed but as you said no editor buttons.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:30:14 AM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13