The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Any use for calendar?  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
Any use for calendar?
« on: April 30, 2018, 03:37:05 AM »
Took a quick scan on the forum's calendar all the way back to November. I'd suggest it be changed or deleted. I didn't see any events posted besides holidays and birthdays, neither of which I bet anyone looks at or cares about. The calendar is cluttered with birthdays, mainly from users no longer here. Why not either 1 Remove birthdays from the calendar or 2 Delete it all together

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Any use for calendar?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 03:40:37 AM »
I still like referring to the calendar just to see who's birthday is when, I think it's nice to have for that reason alone.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 03:22:36 PM »
There's not a ton of use for the calendar since forum dated events aren't a major thing that tends to happen here. However, as White noted, the primary use case is to list birthdays of forum members - Something I, too, tend to check from time to time.

That said, I feel with the number of older inactive members and all the birthday list might be getting a little too bloated. I'm seeing members that haven't been active for like 8+ years, for example. Perhaps it might be fair to put a limitation that it would list only the birthdays of members that have been active in the last year or 2, as a means to filter the list from those users?
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 04:42:31 PM »

Just did a google search, and learned that Caleb Cerron wrote a calender for 2016.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/18667424/

Assuming this applies annually and is not specific to 2016, then I've got all I need.

B)
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."