The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: SNES Classic  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Lanakila

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • The one and only!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Coloring: Grey and White with black around ears
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Build: Agile
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sooooo Bored
SNES Classic
« on: April 26, 2018, 03:22:15 AM »
Picked a used one up at my local GameStop, one day after it was traded in. It was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up since I know what these are being scalped for. Been wanting to play Super Metroid but didn't feel like lugging out the old CRT I keep for old systems. So this worked out perfect! The thing is in mint shape, only thing I wish is that it came in the factory box since I still have my original SNES box collecting dust in the basement. Found out you can hack these and install NES - PSP games on the things, so I added a few SNES games I enjoyed growing up and all is swell. I've been playing it more than my Switch since I got it. Super Metroid has shown me why I fell in love with the series all over again. Anyone else manage to get their paws on one, or the NES Classic?

Have a picture of my new "baby" with it's big brother.
May your claws remain as sharp as your mind.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: SNES Classic
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 11:16:47 AM »
I have to admit the SNES Classic does look really appealing and I had the opportunity to buy one upon several occasions in Maine, I should have not waited >.>
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:09:42 PM »
I did, was not available anywhere around me tho. Had to pay extra to get a snes classic from amazon.

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 10:07:47 PM »
I did, was not available anywhere around me tho. Had to pay extra to get a snes classic from amazon.

Was it worth it?

Yes honestly, I only had to pay 20$ over store price.

Offline Lanakila

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • The one and only!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Coloring: Grey and White with black around ears
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Build: Agile
  • Currently: Sooooo Bored
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 12:44:03 AM »
Yes honestly, I only had to pay 20$ over store price.

That's not too horrible of a price. It is a fun little device, totally worth it.

Stock Nintendo only used about half the storage space built-in, so plenty of room to add more ROMs. There is even a way to add external storage, so then you could have every SNES game available with the easy to use UI it provides and just ease of use overall. And like I said before, the thing will run up to PSP games if you install other emulators I guess. I've not looked into that part that much since I wanted it for what it is mainly. Here's a handy site to check out though, it's where I gathered the tools needed to hack mine and install more ROMs. http://snesclassicmods.com/
May your claws remain as sharp as your mind.