The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello world! Indie game dev here.  (Read 837 times)

Offline TF_Wright

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: human
Hello world! Indie game dev here.
« on: April 22, 2018, 11:05:03 PM »
Hi,

I'm T.F. Wright! I'm the co-creator of the furry game The Pirate's Fate.

I'm very happy to meet you all. I plan on going to lots of cons soon so maybe I'll meet a few of you in person. :)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Hello world! Indie game dev here.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 12:12:36 AM »
Oh wow, I'm glad to see someone like you sign up! I hope to see you posting upon the forum in the future! That game looks like a lot of fun!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline AceAurora

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Coloring: Black Red and Green
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 220
  • Currently: Looking for somewhere to get Sushi
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 03:09:43 AM »
Welcome! You're game looks awesome!
  • Signature art by: Me/ StarryBadWolf

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 03:29:42 AM »
Welcome aboard, TF!

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline TF_Wright

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: human
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 04:04:38 AM »

Hello everyone! Wow I didn't expect this many people to reply. This is a really friendly place, I like it a lot. :)

What inspired me to be a game developer? Um... Well, I wanted to be a game developer since I was a kid. I used to work in politics, but I quit that a few years ago to do writing full time. Volkenfox (my business partner) and I did a series of illustrated books together. But we decided we were ready to take it to the next level and that's why we made a game.

It was a lot of hard work over two years, but it was worth it! The game has a lot of very positive reviews and a few people have even contacted me and told me "thanks so much for making this game, you changed my life, I feel so affirmed in who I am and what I love." I was so honored and humbled to hear such high praise, I didn't even know what to say.

Hi there, welcome to TFF!

An indie developer? Oh wow, that's interesting! You've got a very neat looking game over there, I just added it to my Steam wish list and I can't wait to give it a try. That being said, I hope you have a nice stay here! If you have any questions or if you need a direction or any help you can message me anytime either here or on discord, and speaking of discord, check out our official server, you can find it on the homepage!

Also can I make you a little question, since we're talking about games? What inspired you to become a game developer? Either way, I wish you a lot of fun! See you around!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:24:43 AM »
Ah a fellow game dev! I've dabbled in a bunch of games before (Unity and Unreal Engine 4) but I never finished them. It's cool you're committed to stuff though!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
  • Shakad Shadowka, profesional monster hunter!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragonian
  • Coloring: Dark concrete grey and crimson red
  • Height: 2m / 6.5 Ft
  • Weight: 70 Kilos/ 154 pounds
  • Build: Slender but fit
  • Currently: Depressed
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 01:35:58 PM »
Howdy there friend, it is nice to meet ya! I'm a relatively recently graduated 2D videogame artist from the Netherlands! It is nice to see some other folks from the field on here!

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 11:11:06 PM »
That game looks interesting. I love choice based things honestly.  XP  Hope to see you around.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 12:19:47 PM »
Oh hey there! I'm an avid gamer and you're a game creator! Maybe we can help each other? :) Either way, welcome to the forums. I hope you have a great time here.

And this is the point where I slap you silly with a rulebook until you run away, screaming like a little girl. Hmm, maybe someone should make a transformation story of that.