The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey there!  (Read 1182 times)

Offline puppyresidue

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • They/Them
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Corgi
  • Coloring: Purple
  • Height: 5'1"
  • Build: Chubby and short
  • Reference: [link]
Hey there!
« on: April 11, 2018, 02:15:32 PM »
Yo! I'm Riley, and I'm new to the forum! I've been really holed up in my own little world for the last two or so years and realized I am long overdue for some social interaction with the fandom, so I came here!

I'm a purple Corgi that lives in a slightly crappy Albany-county town in New York. I'm in my early 20s, and I am nonbinary (I prefer they/them pronouns). I'm really big into animal husbandry and pet care. I myself have two crested geckos and an elderly Norgwegian forest cat. I have a boyfriend that goes by Kai, who I've accidentally turned into a furry (I might try and get him to join some furry social media, or even join here, but he's shy)

I really like to draw, but I don't do it for a career and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to. You can poke around my profile links if you'd like to see some of my work, though! I'm into a lot of different hobbies and fandoms, and I tend to forget them temporarily as I involuntarily cycle through them, until they come back again. A few examples: Vulture culture, casual gaming, World of Warcraft, witchcraft and paganism, and the kid's book series "Wings of Fire." Yes, I read kids books. Don't judge me. :[

I took my first true steps into the furry community some time in 2008. I was a Disney baby, and my first "furry" community was The Lion King Fan Art Archive, where I would use the Sketcher functionality to draw Naruto/Lion King crossovers and eventually develop my own lion marysues OCs. Around this time I was also active on Neopets roleplay boards and discovered "anthro" neopet RPs. That's about when I found out Furry was a thing and I've never stopped aligning myself with it, even when I wasn't actively participating in much.

I got into this fandom pretty young, and it's been a long and wild ride. Friends have come and gone, because sometimes you just grow apart as you all grow up. But this fandom basically raised me and made me the person I am today, and I owe a lot to all you fuzzbutts for giving me a huge, fun-loving internet family to belong to when my real one wasn't so beneficial. I'm excited to get to know more people in this awesome community.

This is getting long, so I'm gonna cut it off here. If you're curious about things about me that I failed to touch on, please do ask, I love questions!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:18:19 PM by puppyresidue »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
Re: Hey there!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 02:16:31 PM »
Welcome aboard, Riley!

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
Welcome to the Forums, Riley!  ^_^  Hope you have a great time here
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline puppyresidue

• Vibrating Furby
  • They/Them
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »
Thank you both so much!

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 03:07:41 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you have a good time around here! If you need help or want to chat send me a message!
Hope to see you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 11:32:10 PM »
Hello hello and welcome.  I hope you enjoy yourself.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline puppyresidue

• Vibrating Furby
  • They/Them
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 01:19:07 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Hello Riley, welcome to TFF! You know, I too started talking with other furries much time after I joined the fandom, and after finding this forum I settled down happily because I realized it was a nice place where to stay, there are a lot of friendly furs around, and especially if you have Discord and join our server you can be sure to have someone to talk with at all times! So I wish you a nice stay and if you have any questions about rules or the forum in general feel free to message me anytime you like, or perhaps just to chat, I'm always glad to help in any way I can!

That being said, see you around and have fun!

Ooh, I'm happy to hear that! I'm hoping to find a little place to call home, finally, so let's see how this goes! I popped into the server as well. Thank you so much!

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum Riley, I hope you enjoy yourself here. I too did enjoy Neopets a lot. *Gives tiramisu*

Hope to see you posting!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 11:33:02 PM »
Ooo! We'll be getting along well. For one, taste in pets(I've had an african fat tail, and a leopard gecko, a cat, a doge, and a snek. XD). Two, Wings of Fire(and, plenty of war and death! Yay kids books. XDDD) Hope to see you around

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 06:12:01 PM »
A newbie! Welcome, welcome! Here, take a seat. No no, I don't need it back. You can take it to your room, feral snow leopards have no need for chairs.

Also, please familiarize yourself with the rules and don't forget to have fun!