The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My body?  (Read 1892 times)

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
My body?
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:35:15 AM »
sometimes I just don’t feel like I’m in my body and I belong in a body of another species, I don’t know which species body I should be in but not human. Can I get some advise please
not a signature

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: My body?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 01:45:14 PM »
I would recommend checking out therian/otherkin threads. Note that there is no scientific thing here, I recommend thinking of it as a minor belief/hobby rather than anything more significant. Ultimately what you choose to believe is up to you, just please don't treat this as an excuse to do something crazy, and remember, the brain is incredibly powerful and easy to fool.

See this thread for details: https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=12207.0
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline fourur

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • pfp duck made by lilithveritas
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: duck obviously
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 08:10:15 PM »
me too.

But not as a animal, but more spirituel, like, I'm no my body but more than that .

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 10:00:09 PM »
You took this furry thing way too seriously and you spend too much time on the internet. Don't do that. That's my advice. If shit will get real then you need a therapist.

I can't help you because I'm not a psychiatrist, and I'm not going to bullshit you with some "YEAH DUDE, YOU"RE TOTALLY A WOLF MAN BRO. DON'T LISTEN TO THESE STUPID HATERS. **censor** SCIENCE, YOU"RE A DRAGON".

Offline Fuzzy Wuzzy Husky (Fuzky)

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Coloring: Blue / Orange
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 10:55:02 PM »
Maybe you should question yourself whether  you really like another species and are not obsessed with it, or if its true what you are saying. Ofcourse I can't look into your brain, but I am pretty sure your feelings might give you the idea you want to be something else, just to escape reality.

You can always private message me if you want to talk, I'm also dutch by the way. (I got discord, check my profile)

Offline MuttButt

• Avid Aardvark
  • Groovy Pup, Matty Mutt
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Canadian Tolling Retriever/Lab/Aussie Mutt
  • Coloring: brown
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: soft and gay
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 03:07:13 AM »
WELL MY MIND IS TELLIN ME NO

BUT MY BODY

MY BODY

IS TELLIN ME YEEESSS
Resident Hippie Mutt Dog~

pan/poly/any pronouns, DM friendly and partial to tummy rubs!

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 03:37:15 AM »
You took this furry thing way too seriously and you spend too much time on the internet. Don't do that. That's my advice. If shit will get real then you need a therapist.

I can't help you because I'm not a psychiatrist, and I'm not going to bullshit you with some "YEAH DUDE, YOU"RE TOTALLY A WOLF MAN BRO. DON'T LISTEN TO THESE STUPID HATERS. **censor** SCIENCE, YOU"RE A DRAGON".
Thaaat's not very helpful...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 03:41:26 AM »
Maybe you should question yourself whether  you really like another species and are not obsessed with it, or if its true what you are saying. Ofcourse I can't look into your brain, but I am pretty sure your feelings might give you the idea you want to be something else, just to escape reality.

You can always private message me if you want to talk, I'm also dutch by the way. (I got discord, check my profile)
this might be true though, but im not sure
not a signature

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 04:00:39 PM »
In my opinion idea you are spiritually an animal is in my opinion no weirder than believing in gods and miracles. It is ultimately your decision. However my usual statments about religion apply, don't hurt yourself, and don't hurt others.

My own personal view, if you are interested, is that what your feeling is just a side effect of growing up, and your mind not being quite sure how to cope. I have never believed in the soul at all, and have always felt the simplest answer is usually the right one. Your body is confused due to the stress of being (If your profile is accurate) in your early teens, hence why your feeling something is "wrong".

May I request that people posting in this thread remain respectful of other's beliefs, however strange they may appear. You are allowed to disagree with something, but try to state your viewpoint without resorting to insults and swearing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:02:43 PM by Angder »

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 04:34:32 PM »
Since my original post is gone, I'll restate it in a less goofy way.

Don't hate yourself for wanting a different body--most everyone runs into that in some form, so trying to 'fix' yourself won't do anything helpful--your best bet is to learn to make the most of what you got, even if it's not what you would have chosen.

Soo...be frog. Don't try to convince yourself you don't want frog if you want frog.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 04:46:22 PM »
Since my original post is gone, I'll restate it in a less goofy way.

Don't hate yourself for wanting a different body--most everyone runs into that in some form, so trying to 'fix' yourself won't do anything helpful--your best bet is to learn to make the most of what you got, even if it's not what you would have chosen.

Soo...be frog. Don't try to convince yourself you don't want frog if you want frog.

Now you have explained what you meant, I actually agree with this viewpoint entirely.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:50:42 PM by Angder, Reason: Missed a W »

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 04:17:37 AM »
yeah! i thought it was just a joke like be frog to throw in some funny stuff here! but i think Jay is right, because it started to happen when i left the forums for those 2 months and entered reality more, and it's starting to slow down cause i now have my way to exit reality again via these forums
not a signature