The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Discord: Issues with certain subject  (Read 2744 times)

Anonymous

Discord: Issues with certain subject
« on: April 07, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »
A small suggestion/question for discord I'm making:

Imagine user X recieves a warning for doing something on Discord OR he sees something "worrying" on Discord.
1. How do people report something on discord to the staff, and if possible: can it be anonymous
2. A person wants to "debate" a recieved warning, does he/she send a message here on the forum to the staff OR does this happen via discord?

So being it a suggestionthread I'm proposing, but free for alteration:
For issue 1 I'd say make a printscreen and send to the at the time present staff or admins?

Issue 2 is where I need the staff for: what do you guys propose?

Thanks for reading.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Discord: Issues with certain subject
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 10:14:27 PM »
For Issue 1: anonymous reporting is not yet set, the situation can be brought up with the admins if absolutely needed to limit the dissemination of knowledge.

For Issue 2: Requesting review of a warning requires contact with a staff member other than the one who issued the warning, usually an admin would be more ideal if you need such a review.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 10:22:25 PM »
Discord doesn't have reporting tools built in, so you just have to get a staff member's attention if there's a problem and we'll take care of it. At least one of us is usually around more often than not, and that's one of the things the Chat With Staff channel is for.

As for the second question, do what has always been done:

When reporting to a moderator, only contact one at a time, and let any subsequent mods know who you contacted before them.

Just as it says, it helps us keep track of what’s going on so we can do a better job of fixing problems that arise.

Contact us one at a time in one way or another. Doesn't matter how, we'll record issues either way. Screenshots can be helpful on Discord depending on the problem.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 02:56:14 AM »
additionally i think Copypasting of the  post would work too, since discord is mostly text based, a mod or admin should correct me if I'm wrong.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 03:04:27 AM »
Copy/pasting works fine too, yes.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.