The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Literary Soul Food  (Read 1766 times)

Offline A Dark Bark

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Happiness Begins in the Morning
    • Awards
  • Species: "Shiny" Arcanine
  • Height: 7'9 1/2"
  • Weight: 377 lbs
  • Build: Chunky, Athletic Muscle
Literary Soul Food
« on: April 02, 2018, 08:41:40 AM »

Hello, Hi, How Are Ya, Hey~

It's been quite a while since I've been on the role-play saddle and would like to get back on. Feel free to call me by my character's name... here I play an Arcanine PokéFur, named PepperFang. Peps, Pepper, Pep... all of 'em work just fine. I've been role-playing, on and off, for the past 12-13 years or so and have always gravitated toward the furry side of things from when I was first introduced to Furries/Anthros. Pepper being one of my very favorites.

My writing style is wordy, expressive and with intent to build a small story -- often with intense tones of smut. With that being said, I've no interest at all in role-playing with underage muns or underage characters. Will do well to respect others and their own reservations, please respect mine. Posts from me are generally 700+ words and have been known to reach 8k, depending on my partner and the scene. I do not require that someone match me word for word but please be aware that I love a good read just as much as I love to write. Please be able to do at least 3-5 paragraphs.

Being as my character is a PokéFur and has spent his days training and adventuring the large Poké World, adventure is always what he's looking for... and myself, being a decent owner of a proud Arcanine, have always enjoyed settings and stories with a Time/World Jump element to it. Situations in which my Arcanine is pulled from his world to land in another... perhaps the world of another fandom, a different time period of man, modern day... anything that provides a different world for him to understand and explore. It's also very interesting to see how my character handles opposition... challenges, differences. It's in moments where they're tested by their weaknesses that our characters develop character~

Opposite characters in 1v1 stories are expected to be female, as are the muns. Myself and my Arc are straight males... group storylines, however, are enjoyed as well so long as there can be compromise on abilities. It's quite fun playing a big, fiery doggo!!

At the moment, I do not have an F-List page for my Peps but I do have a role-play website I made a year or so ago, if needed. Any questions... I guess feel free to leave them here on this thread or send a Message. Hope to be writing with some of you, soon! ' 3'
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:51:30 AM by A Dark Bark »

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Literary Soul Food
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 10:55:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum Dark Bark! It sounds like you really like writing! I take it you've been playing Pokemon for awhile, how long?

*Gives tiramisu* Enjoy your time here!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline A Dark Bark

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 11:48:17 AM »

Thank you~

Yes I do... good, in-depth stories that screw up your sleeping schedules and what not.
I like to watch as a story unfolds and elements are added to keep the pot bubbling and
brewing. Umm... i'm not the biggest Pokémon fan but have kept up with it the past 20
years... Arcanine being my favorite Pokémon... Which reminds me!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to my introduction post, I'd also like to point out my liking for the Fur to
Human pairing. Something about opposite worlds, opposite textures, opposite every-
thing chippers Pep right up. That's not to say other furs aren't welcome, by any means.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 11:52:30 AM »
Welcome aboard, Pep!

Please note that this is a PG-13 forum and we do not allow adult RP or requests for adult RP outside of our Adult Area.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline A Dark Bark

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »

Understood

Hopefully I can be bumped up to the Adult section, if it helps avoid any misunderstandings.
^ 3^

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »
The rules to join are listed here if you are interested in the future:

https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=15866.0

Art stream:

Offline A Dark Bark

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »

The rules to join are listed here if you are interested in the future:

https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=15866.0

Yes, Thank you... i'd seen that. Was maaayyyyybe just hoping we could skip
the 30 day trial but rules are rules. I get it and will wait to rp here on that day.
To avoid any misunderstandings :) My writing style is not, at all, for those
underage -- as I said in my introduction. Not necessarily smut-heavy but it
definitely contains mature undertones for the adult reader. I'll keep looking in
the meantime. Thank you, again, ms Winged

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 07:58:12 PM »
Sorry, no exceptions. :P

Art stream:

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 01:02:52 AM »
Hmm another canine... welcome, I don't suppose you've heard of Poke morphs?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 03:15:50 AM »
Oooh, I like Arcanine! Ninetales a bit better as my favorite, but it swings close. Welcome to TFF, and hope to see you in RP sections! (Though I don't always write much, maybe not. Sorry.  :S )

Offline A Dark Bark

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 02:28:37 PM »

Thank you -- Yes, I have... some of us call 'em PokéFurs as it's shorter. Peps is the only one I play ' 3'

Post Merge: April 04, 2018, 02:31:43 PM

Oooh, I like Arcanine! Ninetales a bit better as my favorite, but it swings close. Welcome to TFF, and hope to see you in RP sections! (Though I don't always write much, maybe not. Sorry.  :S )

Pfffft!! Arcanine's where it's at~! But I've come across some really good ninetails PokéFur art, if ever you're in the proverbial market.
Mmmm, you may have to wait a month, like I will... my writing style can be on the more mature side and I rather not be playing with
children (not saying you are, I dunno you). I hadn't realized the separation when I joined so I'll wait until I know I can rp where my
style won't get me in trouble~ If you're an adult, I'm sure we can set something up if interested
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:31:43 PM by A Dark Bark, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 03:07:30 PM »

Thank you -- Yes, I have... some of us call 'em PokéFurs as it's shorter. Peps is the only one I play ' 3'

Post Merge: April 04, 2018, 02:31:43 PM

Pfffft!! Arcanine's where it's at~! But I've come across some really good ninetails PokéFur art, if ever you're in the proverbial market.
Mmmm, you may have to wait a month, like I will... my writing style can be on the more mature side and I rather not be playing with
children (not saying you are, I dunno you). I hadn't realized the separation when I joined so I'll wait until I know I can rp where my
style won't get me in trouble~ If you're an adult, I'm sure we can set something up if interested
eh there's a couple of diffrent forms of 'pokemorph.'

1. A human who can morph into a pokemon.
2. the furry your speaking of.
3. another, i cannot and will not discuss here.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline A Dark Bark

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 04:26:20 PM »

eh there's a couple of diffrent forms of 'pokemorph.'

1. A human who can morph into a pokemon.
2. the furry your speaking of.
3. another, i cannot and will not discuss here.

Rofl well that's just dangling the carrot, isn't it?!
Umm... I've played alongside characters who've dressed as Pokémon, sure. None that Morphed into one.
But then, role-play being the fantasy world that it is, it wouldn't surprise me. Am simply a huge Arcanine
fan, more so than a Pokémon fan... and I also loooooove to write. He's become a fun and amusing character
to use!

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »
Well as you can tell i'm an eevee fan with a soft spot fo Vulpix and a couple others so yeah.

Offline A Dark Bark

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »

Well as you can tell i'm an eevee fan with a soft spot fo Vulpix and a couple others so yeah.

Eevee's dope AF! Umbreon gets my next favorite spot, right behind Arcanine~ I mean... all the
eevolutions are pretty pretty cool, Umbreon just reminds me of an old cat I had. I've no hate for
Vulpix/Ninetails by any means. But Arc captured my heart from day one... my arcanine's all had
the same name since I was 9 lol
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:38:07 PM by A Dark Bark »