The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: James' Treasury of Fictional Forts  (Read 5517 times)

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
James' Treasury of Fictional Forts
« on: March 31, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »
I've decided that instead of posting my things in separate new threads, it would be better to post everything in one place! This is for everything of my making that is fictional, lore, stories, poetry, whatever I make and want to share!!

---
First is a bit of lore from a thing I've been working on: Among the Holy

Mister Rickkot, I have attempted to do your wish to the best of my abilities. But you must understand that collecting information on groups as powerful and mysterious as the ones you have requested is not a feat of simplicity: I fear one or more of the organizations have learned of my snooping and are spying on me. I can only hope that this reaches you quickly and safely. 
Your ever humble servant.   

The Holy Sword of the Catholic Cross was founded by his holiness Pope Paul III in 1539; a secret organization of soldiers and knights who were trained originally to protect holy artifacts and areas; created primarily in response to King Henry VIII dismantling of Thomas Becket’s shrine in Canterbury a year prior.

They followed through with this task for only seven years. In 1546, the order was dissolved as Paul III feared protestant spies had infiltrated The Holy Sword. Reports of documents and even artifacts disappearing sealed the fate of the order and Paul sent what was left of the now defunct organization across europe to fight enemies of the faith

For nearly five hundred years, The Holy Sword was little more than a couple of pages within the catacombs of the vatican. In the year of 1984, the church grew fearful again as the aids epidemic cut its way through the United States; many in the church saw the homosexual community uniting in protest against the government as a potential threat to the power and values of the church. This fear convinced Pope John Paul II to reform the order, as well as a new, sister organization known as The Holy Dagger of the Catholic Cross.

The Holy Sword and Dagger despite this return did very little other then collect and copy documents important to the church that held base in the United States. This continued until 1990 when a man who was to be recruited into the dagger was assassinated, his name and existence known only to a handful within the church. The Holy Dagger was set to investigate the murder and found that a group calling themselves ‘The Sons of Sicarii’ a force of zealot Jewish assassins who believe themselves the true successors of the Sicarii (a splinter force of fanatics that greatly opposed roman occupation in Judea through violent means).
From that day forward, the church focused the The Sword and The Dagger entirely on the destruction of the mysterious group, as well on any similar threats.

The Confederation of Protestant Forces was founded by the upper echelons of The Protestant Union in 1610. An alliance of secret Protestant organizations all over europe, most of these groups held near full autonomy in their specific areas of influence. 

The Order of Holy Flowers was formed by Victor Grove in 1964. Victor was a Catholic who around the time of the founding of his order, began studying Catharism. From his studies he was inspired to found a cult that’s beliefs took heavy influence from both Catholicism and the Cathar Heresy.
Victor Grove saw sin and evil everywhere, so he thus dedicated himself and his small team of knights to hunting down and killing anything satanic or paganistic.

Organizational structures:
The Order of Holy Flowers operates on a oligarchical system of rulership. Four people hold the title of Grandmaster of the order. When a Grandmaster dies his/her body is blessed by every member of the order that is currently available to do so in person; those who cannot are asked to apologise to the spirit of the now fallen master and pray for forgiveness. Under the office of Grandmaster is Grandknight. Seasoned warriors, Scholars, and Financiers who have great skill in their areas of focus and hold great loyalty to both the order and god. Below Grandknight is simply Knight, than Squire, and the lowest rank being Acolyte.
When a squire rises to Knighthood he is given a flower by by his/her master. This flower is in theory, meant to represent the Squire’s personality and fighting style. From that they are titled the knight of whatever flower given to them (Ex. Knight of Dandelions).     

The Holy Sword of the Catholic Cross is ruled by the Sanctus Protector, a former member of the swiss guard. A member that showed exceptional talent beyond the already high expectations of the guard. They are appointed usually by the college of cardinals, sometimes the pope himself will appoint a Sanctus, but that is rare. The Dagger is lead by the Sanctus Insidiator, it is unknown to me how they recruit these leaders.
The Confederation of Protestant Forces has no direct leader, rather a group of Overseers who keep track of what every active agency in the Confederation is doing and will at times give suggestions or advise against an action that is planned or in progress. The Overseers have the power to expel any agency within the Protestant forces, thus cutting them off of the deep pockets and influence of the Forces; also forbidding any current member to support the former member on pain of expulsion themselves.

I have found nothing on the inner workings of the Sons of Sicarii.     

[size=78%]  [/size]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:23:03 PM by James, Mountain Goat of Doom »

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: James' Treasury of Fictional Forts
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 06:25:33 PM »
So, is this a short story script of a much longer book that you are working on, are you going to make online chapters for this and form an ebook?
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 07:29:54 PM »
So, is this a short story script of a much longer book that you are working on, are you going to make online chapters for this and form an ebook?

It's planned to be a full story, don't know if I would go as far as to publish it. I'm mainly working on a fantasy thing so if anything would get even close to publishing, that would be it.

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »

This is just a little bit of a thing I'm working on, been a little while since I've written a regular story so I would love to hear what you'll have to say!

--

He was dead, at least Mara was pretty sure. The glossy white fur of her brother was caked in the wolf’s already drying blood, his blue doublet ruined — although she was sure that Edgar no longer cared for fashion as his the red liquid soaked through the woolen carpet. She laid over him, her gloved paws clutching the hilt of a ballock dagger that found itself planted firmly in Edgar’s neck. Her blue and white adora dress stained with blood as well, small bits of dried red rested on Mara’s white furry face and arms, she shook slightly and took heavy breaths, trying to fully comprehend what she had done. She took a couple more seconds before scrambling off of her brother’s corpse, slipping and landing back over the dead man, his green eyes staring straight at her chest as she yelped and finally managed to bolt to the other side of the chamber, breathing deeply in and out. Her hip lightly touched a hard object, a table --- a bottle of wine shook lightly as the wolf bobbed its base, Mara wasted no time in gripping it and pouring half of the sweet white drink down her throat. After she had her fill, Mara held the bottle firmly out in front of herself, staring directly at it and her brother’s body.

Her arm was shaking, the contents of the bottle swishing back and forth in tandem with the slender limb. A deep breath heralded a soft scream and the bottle crashing against the wall. Mara Screamed again, this time louder as she ran to the door.

“Help, Help, my brother, someone killed my brother!”    

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 10:09:44 PM »
Who is Corris!?  He's so unknown.
I don't like him.
But I like this, I want to hear more!

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 10:09:27 PM »
What if George Washington believed the land he and others fought so hard to gain independence from the British empire, could not survive as a democracy? What if he was convinced that America needed a strong, central leader? What if George Washington decided to rally the continental army behind him and tossed both the articles of confederation as well as the constitution out in favor of a monarchy?

George did not believe in an absolute monarchy as he still wanted to secure the freedoms of his people; he because of this, makes his new kingdom an elective monarchy, a delegate is sent from every province to decide the next king after the death of him or a unanimous vote to dethrone him.

The year is 1853, After the Mexican-American war, the current King, Norton ll, pushes the popular manifest destiny into the nation's creed and completely annexes Mexico, as well as the surrounding islands such as cuba and haiti. He strongly believes it is god's will to have all of the americas under the banner of America. He forces Mexico to toss their "inferior" culture out in favor of american culture.

The various nations of south america, in an effort to keep their sovereignty, form the Confederacy of South America, putting pause on Norton's plans of invasion.

England and America are in a war of spies and secrets, similar to that of the cold war in real life. England secretly supports the South Americans by giving them supplies, arms, and money. France and the KOA are and have been good allies since the young kingdom's inception, England wishes to end this alliance with an ever growing network of spies and saboteurs, the KOA has replied with their own counterintelligence operations within the nation. France being ruled under the Napoleonic dynasty as the American kingdom helped defend their friends in the battle of waterloo, securing Napoleon's rule.               

Everyone born in the Kingdom of America are born as half-citizens, meaning they hold only half the rights of a full-citizen. They can only become full-citizens by serving in the military for a minimum of two years or reaching political office. Half-citizens do not have the right to freedom of speech, expression, or the right to bear arms. They can buy land, but they must pay double the taxes of a full-citizen.

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 09:08:58 PM »
That's an interesting concept!  ^_^

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 03:51:27 AM »
Okay, alternative history timeline stories like this do sound pretty interesting to me, I'd love to see more of that!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 09:13:38 PM »
He walked the streets of a london encased in darkness. He walked without fear, with only confidence and faith in his heart as while any other man would have at least a touch of nervousness. His black dress shoes clopped firmly against the harsh and grimy cobblestone. The darkness of the night was beyond natural compare, it seemed darker than what was common; the lamp posts even seemed to emanate light much weaker than usual. Despite all of this, the white-furred wolf by the name of Alexandre Du' Mistiour walked on in a state of bliss.

For what would a good and faithful catholic man such as him have to fear from the dark? The tourist from Paris loved God, with all his heart he loved his lord and saviour. The blood of Jesus Christ washed his sins away and even if some beast managed to rip through the void and end his life, he knew that he would stand in heaven with his Jesus and one day his loved ones would join him.

While he would certainly prefer his end to be a peaceful one at an old age, in the arms of his beloved Mara, he had faith that whatever would happen was god's will and through his divine plan all would be okay.

All was fine... until he heard that noise. That noise not dissimilar from ---- in fact, it was the same sounding clop that his shoes made while walking down the street. The weather changed, quickly with no warning it had shifted from cool to cold, very cold. Alexandre shivered slightly as he stopped his strolling, turning around to see only the dark streets and buildings of london. The cobblestone ground and the series of brick buildings seemed endless. Alexandre never noticed before but it seemed like he passed this area before... this very night. While he didn't know the exact time passed the wolf would have guessed around five minutes ago.

He started walking again, this time slightly faster. That noise, it came back! The second set of footsteps sounded just like his own, same speed, same everything!

He walked a bit faster... and so did the stalker. Soon his walk evolved into a half-run, then a jog, so did the stalker. Next thing he knew he was running, running as fast as he could, so did the stalker! Same sound, same speed!

At first it was a thought, but soon enough he was putting voice to his cries: "God help me, God help me!"

"The lord is my shepherd; I shall not want!"

It started as a whisper, with every line of his prayer spoken his voice grew louder and more desperate as he ran down the endless street; seeing the same buildings over and over again. 

"He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name sake!"

The same, the same, everything was the same!

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; They rod and they staff; they comfort me!"

He was screaming now; tears rolling down his face and wetting his face fur badly. The same, the same, everything was the same!

But wait.... different... yes, different! An alleyway, finally something new! Alexandre thanked the lord, screaming his love for god in his mind as he jolted himself into the ally, tripping over his laces and landing face-first into the cramped way.

"Sir?" A voice, a voice other than his own! it was as soft as a boy's but when Alexandre looked up he saw a thin and pasty young man. He quickly pulled himself to his feet, not at all caring that his fur and black suit had a new coat of nose blood upon them.

"Are you okay, sir?"

He was also a wolf, this one black furred and had a strong norfolk accent. He seemed to have no visible muscle whatsoever.

Alexandre panted heavily, clutching his chest as it heaved up and down. 

"I...."

He saw it, the lad smiled. his teeth, two teeth stood strongly at the farthest ends of his maw, sharper than any other.

"Do you like my fangs?" was all the lad said before he jumped upon Alexandre. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:25:26 PM by James, The Pretty Goat »

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'01
  • Weight: 265
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Meh
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 10:23:30 PM »
Deus vault!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 02:29:14 PM »
That was actually really tense.  I can feel my heart racing.

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 03:01:56 PM »
That was actually really tense.  I can feel my heart racing.

For Really real?

This was my first attempt at horror.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 03:13:32 PM »
Yes, very good use of short sentences for rapid pace and still I found I was trying to read faster than I can.
Only critical feedback so far is I would use all capital G's for God and I had some trouble with this sentence:

"He walked without fear, with only confidence and faith in his heart as while any other man would have at least a touch of nervousness while his black dress shoes clopped firmly against the harsh and grimey cobblestone."

Is the second "while" just a typo?

And no e in grimy.

But yeah, it has a really distinct tone, that's the key to an alt world I think.
Good job!

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »
Yes, very good use of short sentences for rapid pace and still I found I was trying to read faster than I can.
Only critical feedback so far is I would use all capital G's for God and I had some trouble with this sentence:

"He walked without fear, with only confidence and faith in his heart as while any other man would have at least a touch of nervousness while his black dress shoes clopped firmly against the harsh and grimey cobblestone."

Is the second "while" just a typo?

And no e in grimy.

But yeah, it has a really distinct tone, that's the key to an alt world I think.
Good job!

Yeah, honestly I wrote this in one sitting and didn't really proofread much of it.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 02:50:56 PM »
I think that may have really worked for you.  I mean one redraft fixes typos and stuff, that easy, but capturing a flow is hard.  Who knows, it might be part of your method!