The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I need further details on the rules concerning mature content.  (Read 4387 times)

Offline PenWrite

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Send me a PM if you live in my area. :)
    • Fur Affinity
    • My Twitter. :)
    • Awards
  • Species: House Cat
  • Coloring: Jet-Black Fur, Sapphire-Blue Eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Scrawny Arms, Good Back and Leg Strength
  • Currently: Writing furry fiction.
Suppose a member of this forum produces mature content and wants to share it with the other members.
  • Are they allowed to simply mention that they make mature content on their profile as long as they don't provide any links to the content?
  • If they are approached by another forum member age 18 or order over personal messager about wanting to see their adult content, are they allowed to send that forum member a link over personal messager?
I understand the obvious rules about not posting the content publicly, discussing it in detail, or sending someone unsolicited links over personal messenger. I also understand that there's an adult area of the forum that I may be granted access to after one month of being a member of this forum as long as I behave. I just want to check the rest of the details before I accidentally do something stupid.  :$

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: I need further details on the rules concerning mature content.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 04:34:48 AM »
Are they allowed to simply mention that they make mature content on their profile as long as they don't provide any links to the content?

As long as it's kept vague and just stating what you do and not advertising what you do, it should be fine. If in doubt, send the exact wording to a staff member before you post it publicly. We'll be happy to sign off on stuff.

Example:
"I'm a writer, I mostly write mature stories." <- Fine
"I'm a writer, I love writing sexy adult stories and would love to share them with you~ " <- Not fine

If they are approached by another forum member age 18 or order over personal messager about wanting to see their adult content, are they allowed to send that forum member a link over personal messager?

Anything outside forum turf is generally fine. However, if for whatever reason this sort of thing causes issues between you and another forum member, and those issues are brought to the staff's attention for us to resolve, it may very well be relevant.

Hope that clarifies!

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline PenWrite

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:39:59 AM »
Are they allowed to simply mention that they make mature content on their profile as long as they don't provide any links to the content?

As long as it's kept vague and just stating what you do and not advertising what you do, it should be fine. If in doubt, send the exact wording to a staff member before you post it publicly. We'll be happy to sign off on stuff.

Example:
"I'm a writer, I mostly write mature stories." <- Fine
"I'm a writer, I love writing sexy adult stories and would love to share them with you~ " <- Not fine

If they are approached by another forum member age 18 or order over personal messager about wanting to see their adult content, are they allowed to send that forum member a link over personal messager?

Anything outside forum turf is generally fine. However, if for whatever reason this sort of thing causes issues between you and another forum member, and those issues are brought to the staff's attention for us to resolve, it may very well be relevant.

Hope that clarifies!

It does. Thank you. :)

Offline PenWrite

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 12:29:12 AM »

New question: FurAffinity hides adult content from people who are not logged in as adults. Because of this, is it okay to make my FurAffinity userpage address public even though it still technically has adult content?

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 06:40:13 AM »
Yes, as long as stuff is marked appropriately on FA, it's fine to link to your page.

I'd probably say not to link directly to any mature content though (i.e. specific submissions), even if it's behind FA's mature filters. Mostly because there really shouldn't be any need to do so in the SFW side of the forum.

Art stream:

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 06:00:26 PM »
is mature content allowed in pms? common sense applied of course. (asking the person before sending or  knowing the person etc..)
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 08:15:08 PM »
^ What he said. :P

Art stream:

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 08:47:00 PM »
^ What he said. :P
I pretty much knew that, thank you though Zeph. I just wanted to get that out into public eye for future reference. :crazy:
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13