The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rewatching all my favorite movies  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Rewatching all my favorite movies
« on: February 19, 2018, 11:57:20 PM »

Last halloween I had decided to revisit a movie that previously, I didn’t like: A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984 original, the remake can die in a fire). The first time I had seen the movie was around age 12 or 13, back then I saw nightmare as boring, bland, and stupid. But I’ve changed a lot since then, and while I am still young and have A LOT to learn,

I have learned quite a bit of nonspecific things since those days. I now consider Nightmare to be one of my favorite films of all time. One cause of this dramatic shift in opinion is the fact that I now not only have a great respect for the more technical side of filmmaking (as well as the creative process) but I’m obsessed with it.What convinced me to go through with rewatching every movie I consider to be my favorite of all time was John Carpenter's Halloween. While I don’t consider Halloween to be among that list, it is a great movie nonetheless and I now appreciate the more subtle nature of it, as well as the fantastic cinematography.It is here I’ll update my progress, giving a mini-review to every film, explain what made me consider it my favorite in the first place and what I’ve noticed that makes me like it more or what I don’t. If I watch any new film that becomes a new favorite I’ll post it here anyway.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this and your own stories, non specific person(s) I’m talking to!My favorite list in no particular order:

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Batman (1989)

The Dark Knight

John Carpenter's The Thing

Scream

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

The Good, The Bad, And the ugly

The Terminator

Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame

The Nightmare Before Christmas

All Dogs go to Heaven

Prince of Egypt

Nosferatu (1922)

Aliens

V for vendetta Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Men in tights

Oldboy (2003)  Kill Bill V1/2

Guardians of the Galaxy

The Godfather      

Edit: The text merged together, fixed that.

Post Merge: February 20, 2018, 04:54:48 AM

Favorite Quote in the movie: “Little song, little dance, batman’s head on a lance.”

Runner up quote: “HE STOLE MY BALLOONS!”

Batman (1989) is truly a great film, the soundtrack composed by Danny Elfman is classic, Jack Nicholson is (in my opinion) the third best Joker (Mark Hamill is the 1st and Heath Ledger is the second). Michael Keaton is perfect as Bruce Wayne, to the point where I actually found him and his romance with Vicki Vale to be more interesting than Batman and his crime fighting antics. He isn’t my favorite Batman, however.

Issues: How does the Joker take the batplane down with a single shot from a revolver (even if it has a really long barrel?)

Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent is great… but he only shows up in like four scenes. Would have been awesome to get more Billy.

Batman kills people; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM

New things I noticed: Alexander is being made fun of for believing in batman and trying to do a news story on him, an old man pretends he has a picture of bats but instead its a drawing of a bat in a suit. On the paper is Bob Kane’s (The Creator of batman) signature. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:57:13 AM by Lord James The ll »