The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Adult Access badge  (Read 6635 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Adult Access badge
« on: February 15, 2018, 02:03:35 AM »
A simple badge to see if someone has access to the adult section for easier identification of members who have access to that section.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
Re: Adult Access badge
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 01:59:54 PM »
Is anyone else interested in having a badge added to the award system for this?

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 04:33:11 PM »
I feel like it's a little bit unfair to make it an award, because there's gonna be people out there who aren't 18 yet, and will find that unfair, and also people who have access to the adult area who wouldn't want it publicly displayed...

Maybe allow for the option to put it somewhere in the user's profile?

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 04:45:48 PM »
It won't be an "award" per-say, it'll just use the same system.

It'll be requestable, so only those who want it need show it.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 05:46:32 PM »
Maybe it'd be better if it would only be visible to others who have access to the adult area / are over 18? That would make the most sense IMO, but I don't know if that's possible with the current award system.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 06:59:26 PM »
Maybe it'd be better if it would only be visible to others who have access to the adult area / are over 18? That would make the most sense IMO, but I don't know if that's possible with the current award system.

That isn't something that currently exists with the system, no. Don't know if Tweak would be able to make it work.

The awards system does have three separate areas where you can display a badge near your avatar, so since it's not really an "achievement" it could be put in a different place.

Art stream:

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 07:39:55 PM »
That sounds good. I'm up for that.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 08:29:00 PM »
Mainly my intend for this was for this to identify people who have access to help people find each other, though it could also be used as  a sort of promotion of that section.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 09:01:52 PM »
also it seems to me the adult section is a bit.... slow this could be for multiple reasons.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 11:00:11 PM »
No slow as in people don't seem to post in it as often as the others, likely due to smaller population of members with access.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 11:28:23 PM »
The badge could be one way to show it's there.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 11:29:47 PM »
Making an adult section badge almost makes it seem like a status symbol. "I have access to the adult section, look how cool/adult I am". Is that something we really want?
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 11:31:03 PM »
While technically any badge can do that, that is not the reason for this badge.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 01:37:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure users already know of its existence, at least I hope they do since it's right in the index of the forum, and the rules to gain access to it were made slightly less strict just a few days ago because you don't need to send an actual ID anymore (and this can make feel some people safer), but they either don't find any interesting topics or discussions to join or they're not interested in the first place, so this lack of interest generates the gap of activity between SFW and NSFW boards.

An admin can probably confirm me this, but most users who meet the requirements for the adult area, or at least the active ones of course, already have access because probably they requested it out of curiosity, but once seen how it's visibly less active than the rest of the forum most of them just lose interest I guess.

Agreed. It actually was somewhat active when we first opened the Adult Area, but activity has definitely died down. Part of the reason why we loosened the restrictions to get in is to encourage more activity there. All it really takes though are for people to make posts instead of lurking.

Making an adult section badge almost makes it seem like a status symbol. "I have access to the adult section, look how cool/adult I am". Is that something we really want?

As far as it concerns me we could make it invisible, with no actual icon, so that nobody knows it's there until you go to someone's profile and head to the awards page, where you see a little empty icon that says to the right "This user has access to the adult area of the forum", and then on the right of this again there is a button that you can click to open the list of every user who has this invisible "perk".

This is also possible. (Well, it would have to have some kind of icon with it, but it can be made invisible on thread profiles.)

Art stream:

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 01:40:16 AM »
On another note what sort of icon would it be? perhaps an upsidown paw in the shape of a heart or something?