The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: i am looking for advice as new fursuiter ?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline og

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Never give up
    • Awards
  • Species: ponie race : Alicorn combination with a dog
  • Coloring: still deciding
  • Height: 6.0 ft
  • Weight: 180 lb
i am looking for advice as new fursuiter ?
« on: February 11, 2018, 07:10:44 PM »

I am looking for advice for a new fursuiter  ?

I am becoming a fursuiter in a few month and I order a  fursuit last month still in the making the fursuit is going to be rainbow dash

I am super exited lot of thought went before bying the costume

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
Re: i am looking for advice as new fursuiter ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 03:27:37 AM »
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »
Saph has really good tips in their post! Personally the biggest things I have found are the visibility (my toony suit has pretty great vision, but can't see anything below my nose, and my dragon suit I can barely see out of) drinking water, and learning your limits. I have a pretty high heat tolerance, but I make myself sit and blow a fan on me every hour or two to keep myself cool, cause once your body heats up, it heats up quick. Depending on the arrangmet of your suit, a water bladder with a hose is a great way to get easy access to water, but I can't use one so I made water bottle holsters i attach to a belt or harness (doesn't take away from the suit, I adorn my belt with shinies) and use a straw to drink.
I don't use underarmor o a wetsuit, I personally just use long activewear yoga pants and an activewear longsleeve shirt. I use a wig cap and a balaclava in my head to hide my mouth and add a layer between my skin and the foam or resin.

Offline og

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Never give up
    • Awards
  • Species: ponie race : Alicorn combination with a dog
  • Coloring: still deciding
  • Height: 6.0 ft
  • Weight: 180 lb
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:13:12 PM »
For the inside is ok if I wear like a ballet leotards sorry I don't no the name but wath  I mean is like black and a cover the entire body exept the head but is use in dance class and another question traveling with fursuit in airplane what kind of suit case I need

Offline Spart!

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't Mess
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Grey and white; blonde hair.
  • Currently: Dead inside.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 01:47:46 AM »
Wearing a leotard inside a suit is okay- just make sure it can handle sweat okay.  Because you will sweat in a suit, you will sweat quite a bit.  And make sure to have a disinfectant for your suit as well, or even just some nice smelling perfume for the time being (although you still have to wash the suit after the con). 

As for traveling by plane, I just recommend having a suitcase that will fit your suit.  I personally have a digitigrade full body suit, so I use a large suitcase to fit the suit + head into.  I recommend just keeping all your fursuit stuff in that one suitcase, as it'll help you stay organized.  And if you can help it, don't put anything outside your fursuit stuff in said suitcase to prevent the fur of your suit from getting messed up.  No one likes a staticy fursuiter.

Offline Zahrah

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Artist and Fursuit Maker
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Fuzz Butt Fursuits
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Coloring: Tan, white, brown
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: Tired
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »
I suggest a lycra bodysuit. You can get them fairly cheap from Ebay and possibly get custom made. What you want is a sweat wicking material under the suit. Once it starts absorbing that sweat, it will definitely keep you cooler than anything else. I have been fursuiting for years and I've tried with and without. I will never go without my lycra suit again. I also suggest a lycra balaclava under the head. It will do the same as the bodysuit. Take lots of breaks, stay hydrated, and don't be afraid to walk away from attention if you need a break. A spotter helps with that and will make sure that you and your suit stay safe. Hope this helps and good luck. =)
My art accounts:
FA|DA|FN||IB|SF

My fursuit accounts:
FA|DA|FN|IB|SF