The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I had a strange shift in my perception one day  (Read 1504 times)

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/demon/fox hybrid
  • Coloring: Crimson red/grey
  • Height: 5’ 11”
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Improving at Osu!
I had a strange shift in my perception one day
« on: February 06, 2018, 06:38:48 AM »
for some reason, up until a few months ago, I could not tell polish and Russian apart by ear, they sounded the same to me.

I don’t know exactly what happened, but I just woke up one day and watched wubwoofwolf and then listened to polish trap music, I then read through my Russian notes aloud and realized something: I could actually tell the difference between polish and Russian.

It could be one of two things, I either hit my head really hard and I don’t remember, or I crossed over into a parallel universe.

Keep in mind that I can’t understand either of these languages very well.

Thoughts? Any more questions you wanna ask?
twitch.tv/MTF_AsrielDreemurr

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/demon/fox hybrid
  • Coloring: Crimson red/grey
  • Height: 5’ 11”
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Improving at Osu!
Re: I had a strange shift in my perception one day
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 08:20:10 AM »
I do have a couple questions: are you studying both languages or only Russian? And does this happen every time you hear either of the two now?

I believe that overtime you simply got used to it, I don't know anything about Polish or Russian but it is possible that with practice you developed your hearing so to tell the difference, it's what happens with any new language you learn. Or maybe another possibility is that you identify a few words exclusive to one of the two languages and that's how you can distinguish them, this could be more likely if you have been learning new words recently.

Only study Russian. I know no polish. At least not yet
twitch.tv/MTF_AsrielDreemurr

Offline flurry

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: lemurdog
Re: I had a strange shift in my perception one day
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 02:38:59 PM »
Sometimes things just click into place and make sense sometimes. I don't have experience with that with languages but with learning concepts and stuff. Maybe that was the one thing you needed for your understanding to come together.