The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Guest user color  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Guest user color
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:55:02 AM »
On the "Recent unread topics"-page, accounts who are treated as guests display with a white name color.

However, in the actual thread, they are listed with an orange name color, similar (if not the same) as the old default user color.

If I may add a suggestion on top of that, I would suggest that perhaps it would be an idea to revert all instances of the guest user color to white since that no longer conflicts with the default user color. Not only would that free up the orange color for future use but I feel also that guests, since they are not actual users (anymore), it makes more sense to have colorless (i.e. white).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:07:33 AM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
Re: Guest user color
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 03:03:09 AM »
(FYI: removed your post from the Ambassador thread since it's a duplicate of this.)

I'm not able to edit that color myself, Tweak would have to mess with the forum coding.

At any rate, we rarely see "guest" posts since they aren't allowed, so it only shows up on a post where the account happens to have been deleted (which is rare).

I agree that I would like it to be the way you suggest, but that will probably be a project for a future date.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: Guest user color
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:06:32 AM »
Alright! I'll update my post here then with the same reasoning behind the suggestion ^^;

And yeah, guest users are quite rare but there are a few still. Not a major high-priority issue indeed but still would be nice if it got corrected for consistency sake ^_^
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:11:09 AM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!