The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 637 times)

Offline SomeGuy

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: White dude
Hello.
« on: January 16, 2018, 06:35:50 AM »
I have a friend who’s a furry. He told me to see if I’d like it. I have no reason to not, so I’d like some help with understanding what it’s all about. Please and thank you.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Hello.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:29:11 AM »
Welcome SomeGuy! Well definitely not a bad idea to check it out!

If you want to know the definition you can find a thread here about it.

But one of the things about being a furry is the community, so I'd say start posting in some threads (like in the chatterbox or forum games) to meet some of the local fauna!

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »
I guess guys above answered the question of what is a furry pretty well, so I'll just welcome you to the forum :3
I hope that if you decide to stay you'll have plenty of fun with us. See you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 04:00:47 AM »
Wishing a late warm welcome! The previous posts say some nice things. I want to add, this community is highly accepting, understanding, and tight-knit. I hope you have fun poking around, whether you decide to join or not! ^_^

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 03:46:11 AM »
Hello and welcome.  I'm sure anyone will answer any questions you have.  But I hope you find lots more friends.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 03:22:40 PM »
  Welcome to the forums! And no need to worry their plenty of friendly faces around here :D
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.