The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)  (Read 16401 times)

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
Re: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 10:05:30 PM »
removes paw from Ronnie's, breaking the connection. I look up at his face and shake my head sadly. Standing, I turn and pad away. As I push my way out the door I try to think of a way to minimize the damage, but know it's going to be ugly when the clean-up crew gets here, since I was able to track the vial into this place.

Within seconds of my padding out the door a pickup pulls up, I jump in the back and it pulls away into the night. I reach through the passthru in the rear window and touch the shoulder of the driver.

"The Vial was carried into the building, I'm not sure who retrieved it as it was a New Years Party, but the family running the business is not involved, at least in this situation." 

The Driver sighs and shrugs, reaching for his cell phone. I hear his reply in my head "I'll call it in, you better be able to explain to the boss why you came back empty handed... Great way to start the New Year.."

I break the connection and stand with my face over the roof of the truck, clearing my nose and lungs of all the smells..
"
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2018, 03:04:02 AM »
Ray shook his head, withdrawing his paw from his pockets. "O-Oh! Sarah! I didn't recognize you out here. Sorry for uh...uh bothering you." He motioned to Kai. "She uh...well, you two know each other." The purple raccoon took a seat on the edge of the safety wall, looking up at the inky-black sky. "Won't be that way for long," Ray whispered to himself.

Ronnie nodded, huffed, and headed back inside. He checked his watch. "11:55...nearly there."

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 06:44:07 AM »
Kai stood next to Ray, leaning back onto the safety wall and staring up with her hands in her pockets. Closing her eyes she took in the dark cold silence. Her breathing making clouds in the air she sighed. She loved the cold, she was a dessert-fox species after all.
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 08:27:55 PM »
"Eh, no problem. It's a dark roof..."-Sarah indiffirently replied towards Ray.

"Soo, what's the hassle about?" She asked towards the two, curious about why they decided to head onto the roof....

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2018, 09:06:32 PM »
"To get away from the hassle. I swear my ears were beginning to bleed." She said with a solemn tone with a slight pickup at the end. She continued studying the sky, picking out a few constellations.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2018, 04:39:02 AM »
At 12:00, as Kai stared up at the sky, the stars flickered, vanished, and returned. However, their positions had changed completely.

Ray's gaze moved to the sky. As the stars changed, he spoke. "Beautiful, yet ominous. Aren't they?"

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2018, 04:49:32 AM »
AS the truck drove back to the Center the young wolf suddenly stumbled , his sense of direction all messed up.. He shakily reached thru the window and touched the driver's shoulder again "What the hell just happened..?"

Having 'said' that the young wolf topless over and curls into a tight fetal position, mouth moving silently, but in his mind screaming to the universe

"Where Am I?" 
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 05:44:52 AM »
She raised an eyebrow, looking back at Ray for a moment then looking up to re-orient herself. She took a short and quick breath, the air wasn't the same. It wasn't as crisp. It wasn't as clean and cold. She sighed. Leaning back, seemingly unfazed and sipped her punch. "Ominous indeed."
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 05:16:48 AM »
A few minutes pass uneventfully, before Jayce called up to the roof. "Havin' fun up there, Ray?!" He started up the fire escape, cackling to himself.

Ray's brow furrowed at Jayce. "Get your mind out of the gutter, Jayce! Kai wasn't feeling well, and Sarah's been up here."

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 06:38:52 AM »
Kai rolled her eyes, her head snapping down and to the side to look at Jayce as he entered her view. She didn't speak, merely watched him, waiting for his reply, question, statement or action.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 08:16:59 AM »
Jayce winked at Kai as he reached the roof. "Well, the party's over. You missed the new year. Anyway, dad's got the car around and people are leaving. You stayin' here with your harem," he motions at Sarah and Kai, "or you comin' home?"

Ray sighed, shaking his head, disgusted. "Yeah, I'll come home." He and Jayce started down the fire escape. "Enjoy your days off, girls. I'll see you Tuesday."

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 10:11:54 AM »
Kai nodded, waving lightly. She then turned back to the sky and the dark town. She took in the patterns of the new stars, wondering how they had suddenly changed positions. Tapping her fingers against her thigh lightly she tilted her head back, taking a deep breath. Quiet breathing was the only sound she made as she watched the stars.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »
Hearing the comment, and reacting rather negatively to it, Sarah looked over towards the stairs. But Jayce was already gone.

"Ugh... Someday... She muttered to herself...

Sarah personally hadn't noticed that the stars had changed. But, she had picked up on the mention of the party having ended, and checked her watch before concluding that it'd probably be best for her to leave, aswell, if she didn't want to miss her call...

"Wellp. I should probably get going, too..." She said towards Kai, before heading towards the stairs...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2018, 05:37:34 AM »
As everyone dispersed, returning to their homes and headed for bed, the air seemed to change. It was not good, yet not evil. When the city was taken by sleep, and only a few remained awake, a dream was shared. A wonderful, horrible dream.

Kai-
You find yourself in your home, happily busying yourself with a book. The words are foreign, written in a script you cannot comprehend. The tome is bound in ragged, matted fur. It smells of fear, of terror, but it is not evil. You look about, until you see Ray. A newspaper balanced on his knee and a pipe to his lips. He catches your look and smiles. He gestures to the book with the pipe stem. “Well, shortstuff, you gonna find it or what?”
You awake after that.

Sarah-
You find yourself in a VERY lavish home. Carpeted floors, velvet drapes, it’s an opulent paradise. At the end of the room sits a large, wing-back chair. It turns slowly, until it reveals Jayce in its seat. He’s wearing an oppressive black suit, with many rings upon his fingers. He motions around the room with a smile. “Power, money, your dreams come true. It’s all yours, sweetheart,” he then points to a fur-bound book upon the table, “as long as you bring me that.”
You awake after that.

Fuzzpaws-
You find yourself running through an endless field, Ronnie running beside you. He holds up a fur-bound book and speaks. “You want to protect everyone, right? Want the world to be safe? Everything to go back to normal? Then hide this book!”
You awake after that.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2018, 10:28:23 AM »
Kai shot straight up on her couch. She was already thinking about ways to find it, for almost no particular reason rather than the peak of her curiosity. The dream was so vivid... She got off the couch, stretching the few knots that had developed in her neck and back. She began with thinking for clues in the dream. If the book really did smell like that she would be able to pick it out at a decent distance with her nose. Rather than that, she could barely remember the newspaper, details were beginning to filter themselves out. She pulled a notebook from the many beside her couch and began noting down everything she could remember.
FennecFoxPassin'Through