The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)  (Read 16388 times)

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
Re: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 08:46:51 PM »
She looked up from the drink for a moment, she of course, already knew who he was. She could pick his footsteps out of the crowds occasional shuffle and laugh, it wasn't hard. The Blackburn family had a distinctive way they carried themselves, she just had to judge the amount of weight. She took another longer sip and set the cup down, standing up and picking up the drink to meet Ray. She smiled slightly, barely a tug on the end of her lips.
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 01:15:41 AM »
Edwin did not move, but merely called out. "Ronald!"

The firstborn Blackburn, Ronald, thudded towards his father, each footstep visibly shaking the punchbowl across the room. "Yeah, dad?" His voice, though subdued currently, boomed out.

"Take care of your hound. The party's getting to him, I think," the old raccoon motioned at the wolf.  Ronnie nodded, and placed a paw on the wolf, who's mind would now fill with Ronnie's voice.
Come with me. I don't know who you are, but if you want to stay alive, you'll come with me.
After petting the wolf a few times, Ronnie snapped his fingers. "C'mon boy."

After seeing Kai smile, Ray's face broke into a smile as well. "Feeling well, Kai? I-I know you're uh...kinda young...a-and this might not be your uh...scene...b-but I'll do what I can to help."

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 02:40:16 AM »
Looking between the Old Raccoon, and his hulking son I realize my current predicament.  I drop my guard enough to catch most of Ronald's thoughts. I gently release the wrist, and step away from the Old one warily, following at a safe distance behind Ronald as he turns away.

though my head follows , my eyes are constantly looking, trying to find 2 things:

First, my assigned quarry Ray, actually the vial that was hidden in his coat.

Second: a way out of this mess.....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:34:27 PM by Fuzzpaws »
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 09:09:47 AM »
"I'm fine, Ray. Just not quite the party girl." She said, sighing. She ran a hand through the tuft of fur on her head and laughed a little. "Never was, to be honest. To help? Really, I just wanted some quiet from the storm. But we can go back into the fray if you'd like." She said, taking a step towards the party and looking at him.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 04:27:57 AM »
Ray shook his head. "If y'don't like the big party, you could always go up to the roof. Here," he motioned up the stairs, "We'll go through my dad's office."

Ronnie led the wolf outside, and sighed as they got there. He turned on his heel and knelt. "What're you after, eh?" Ronnie held out a massive paw, awaiting an answer.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 04:40:10 AM »
She nodded, taking a small step towards the stairs but she still felt extremely wary of them. She bit her lip, forcing herself to take another step, and another, and another.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 06:16:31 AM »
Tentatively I place a forepaw in Ronnie's paw, hoping I'm making the right choice...

Once my paw touches his I again have to shield my mind from the initial rush of thought and emotion, but can soon open enough to try to 'talk' to him.

"They sent me to follow him, your brother I think. He has, or had, a vial, a potion, that was not his. He may not have known about it, but it was in his jacket when he got here. That's all I know. I was to follow him and try to retrieve it if possible, if not, then find out who it was for."

I sit down, the strength that comes with excitement draining away, but leave my paw in Ronnie's, trying to show trust, waiting to see what he thinks...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 08:00:24 AM »
Ronnie's face broke into a smile. "A...A p-potion?" He let out a tremendous laugh that left him wiping a tear from his eye. "W-We don't deal in potions, friend. I think you have the wrong guy."

Ray cleared his throat, as Kai had only cleared a few steps. He checked his watch, and sighed, speaking quietly to himself. "11:45." Ray whispered something, and Kai's apprehension of the office would vanish, replaced by the knowledge that it's just an office.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 08:12:27 AM »
She squinted up the stairs and back to Ray. It only lasted a moment but it was a devilish look. Her ears twitched, she had picked up on the muttering. Hadn't made sense of it, but it seemed to directly correlate to the change in her apprehension. She then smiled, it was only Ray after all? Who cared what happened, he was a nice guy. Wasn't he? She smiled, "Only an office..." She muttered, walking up the stairs towards the roof. She was familiar with the route, she walked it a lot.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 05:33:55 PM »
With a tilt of my head I ponder Ronnie's reply.. I had followed the scent here, after being told exactly who had it and watching them all the way here.

"He may not have known he had it, but still has the scent of it on him... I need to find out who it was for, or who has it now. My job is at stake on this hunt."

I look up at Ronnie's face to gauge his response, seeing the doubt in his eyes "I won't lie, can't lie... it goes against everything Ii am. I'm not accusing your brother of doing anything wrong but being a convenient means of moving it."

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 11:54:37 PM »
Sarah sat on the edge of the roof, dangerously close to the drop, leaning into the wall of a raised section of the building with her back. Her leg was nervously swinging back and forth on the safe side of the edge, as she looked out over the town.

She took a deep sigh, as she checked her watch, and fumbled with something in her jacket's pocket, before looking up.

The fireworks filled up the night sky with various colours and loud bangs. Against the backdrop of the dark forests they looked quite pretty. But she wasn't interested in the fireworks, or the other new years happenings. Their bright flashes and loud noises were more of a nuissance to her, in the otherwise quiet and calm embrace of the roof.

Not a few minutes, she impatiently checked her watch again, seemingly expecting something to happen. 

But, nothing happened.

"God-damn fireworks... -She quietly cussed out loud, before hanging back her head to rest against the wall.

Tired and footworn, she tried to close her eyes for a few seconds to give them some rest...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 07:49:48 AM »
As they reached the fire escape, Ray helped Kai further along to the roof.  When they reached the top, Ray's brow furrowed. "Seems I'm not the only one with this idea, eh?" He chuckled, and fished around in his pocket for a flashlight.

Ronnie sighed, and his mood soured. "Look, I dunno what you are, where or what you're from. But I'm here to tell you, whatever it is you think it is Ray has, it's gone." He checked his watch, a smile playing across his lips. "11:50..."

The streets of Bridgestone were all but empty, only a few less-sober fellows stumbling towards what could only be assumed as home. The fireworks began dying down, until the city was plunged into proverbial darkness, only the streetlights remained.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 09:18:43 AM »
In the cold silence of the city Kai sighed quietly. She could see just fine, studying the figure on the edge of the roof. She herself had sat there a lot, her eyes scanning the  roof. Just the one woman who she could slightly relate to in the office. Looking back to Ray she took a breath, taking in the crisp cold air. Her lungs embracing the chill.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 05:22:15 PM »
Sarah turned her head toward the door, upon hearing a few folks come onto the roof. With a slightly tedious sigh, she rolled over to the left, and nimbly threw herself back on her feet. A concious move of politeness, just incase the new folks around were slightly discomforted by someone sitting soo close to the edge of a office-building worth of gravity.

"Morning..." She casually greeted the two, not bothered to show a fake smile.

Her hand swiftly reached in and out of her pocket, as a series of faint bleeps sounded from within them, before she allowed herself to lean back against the wall again, where she took a swig from her drink, wondering wether the two were going to discuss some sort of usual business, not seeing her as someone who'd be bothered to listen, or wether there was just going to be another attempt to break an otherwise awkard silence.

For a moment, she considered for making such an attempt herself. But new year or not, verse doesn't change. And that's never worked, has it? -She thought to herself to justify her reluctancy...

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »
Kai stared at the Sarah for a moment, but then sighed. She could respect a silence. She instead turned to enjoy the silence and darkness, the broken dots of light starring the streets.
FennecFoxPassin'Through