The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum Ambassador Application Thread  (Read 9294 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Forum Ambassador Application Thread
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »
Hi! This is the thread to apply to become a forum ambassador! Read the full post so you know how to apply and what a forum ambassador is.

What is a Forum Ambassador?

People who are forum ambassadors act as a sort of community organizer to the forum. Forum ambassadors will help the staff organize community based events, such as competitions, fun forum games, video gaming events or what-not. The forum ambassador is there to help the forum feel like a better more communal place. To help the forum ambassador organize events they will be given access to a staff board where they can commune with the staff in a more direct place, they will also be communicating with the staff a whole lot and will be able to ask staff to do certain things that may make the event easier to manage. They will also be given permission to post within the Announcement board of TFF, and will generally be given the full support of the staff in organizing these events.

A second important role of the forum ambassador is to help usher in new members to the forum, basically messaging them and trying to make them feel at home. The problem with staff and moderators is that we've found it can be a little scary for new members to get messages from moderators even if they're friendly, so the forum ambassador can help with that by PMing these members and just showing them around, introducing them to people and trying to make the forum a less "scary" and overwhelming place.

Is a forum ambassador similar to a moderator?

A forum ambassador is not a moderator and does not have any form of moderation powers (IE: They will be unable to enforce the rules, warn people, remove posts and so forth). A forum ambassador is also not a training moderation position, a forum ambassador may later become a moderator but he has to go through the same process everyone else does, so being a forum ambassador does not necessarily increase your chances of later being a moderator. (It also does not decrease your chances) A forum ambassador is a different position altogether.

What skills should I have to be a forum ambassador?

A forum ambassador should be friendly, social and involved within the TFF community. People who have made a lot of friends here and consider TFF a home should definitely consider themselves ideal candidates for forum ambassador. Organizational experience is good to have too but it isn't the strongest requirement, mainly you should just be active and involved and have a nice personality. Don't forget you will be partly responsible in ushering in new members to the community, so having a nice, friendly and social demeanor is a big plus for being a good forum ambassador.

Ok awesome, but how do I apply?

Simple! Just fill out the form (below) and post your answers in this thread

Q1) Why do you want to become a Forum Ambassador?
Q2) What are some of your favourite things about TFF?
Q3) How active, on average, do you plan to be on the forum in the next 3-6 months?
Q4) What social media/messaging accounts do you have outside of TFF for us to contact you (Example discord, Skype, telegram, etc)?
Q5) Do you have any organizational experience (it's ok if you don't)?
Q6) Do you consider yourself to be a very social person?
Q7) Do you have any particular ideas in mind already for the forum?
Q8) Anything more you want to say about yourself that might make you a good forum ambassador?

If we believe you will be a good forum ambassador then we'll PM you with next steps!

The thread appears to be locked, what gives?

If the thread is locked that means applications are temporarily closed (this usually means we have enough forum ambassadors and aren't looking for any more) but the thread may re-open at any time so keep a lookout for it!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Forum Ambassador Application Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 12:50:18 PM »

Q3) How active, on average, do you plan to be on the forum in the next 3-6 months?
Q4) What social media/messaging accounts do you have outside of TFF for us to contact you (Example discord, Skype, telegram, etc)?
Q8) Anything more you want to say about yourself that might make you a good forum ambassador?

R1
To be able to help the community and welcome people.
R2
Back when I joined the forum I was extremely skeptic about furries and thought I would not be welcome here.
Reality has proven otherwise: the warm welcomes, friendly help and the fact someone gave me an avi really felt great, so what would I say that' the greatest thing about TFF? The warm social interaction.
R3
As always probably daily, exception when on travel/exams/politics, but mostly daily
R4
Facebook/Skype/Mail
R5
I helped organizing steamfestivals and several youth parliaments (those are the biggest events)
R6
YES  :D
R7
Not really yet, but if someone has an idea I'd love to help them.
R8
Can I say "just make me one already"?  :P
Nah, I'd say, in regards to the recent news I recieved, don't look at one his past but look at the future and the potential he has  ^_^

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 02:49:10 AM »

Q1: I have enjoyed my time on TFF and have met many new friends as well as had the opportunity for personal growth. I wanna give back and help welcome new members as well as help make improvements to TFF

Q2: I love that TFF is a place where people of all backgrounds and cultures can come together under one roof and be who they are.

Q3: I don't post on TFF as much as I used to anymore but I'm still here often. I'm on the discord server almost everyday

Q4: Discord and Skype but I don't use Skype as often anymore

Q5: yes, I've managed million dollar kitchens and staff as well as my own business and filled in for the lead vet when he's gone

Q6: more then i use to be, as I say I've grown alot personally and am still growing

Q7: nothing at the moment but I hope for the opportunity to be part of the team that helps move TFF forward

Q8: I know I'm not perfect but I'm working on myself. I know there's alot of people on here that remember the past but I'm asking for a chance to prove myself and help TFF

Thank you for taking the time to review my application
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 02:01:55 AM »
Closing this as we are choosing to end this program.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.