The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Angriest you've been?  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: Angriest you've been?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 04:12:04 PM »
When I was tinierwoof, I do recall getting so angry at DKC2 that I flung the SNES controller onto the fat TV we had at the time.
WITH SUCH FORCE THE CONTROLLER BROKE! THE WRATH OF THE TINY ONE IS STRONGER THAN NINTENDIUM!!!

More recently tho, our tale starts in the ruined ghost town of Port Phasmatys.
Behind the bank, there's this one Agility shortcut.

It requires a skill level of 92 to cross it.
DESPITE IT BEING A FRIGGIN WALL WITH NOTHING SPECIAL TO IT!!!
And considering the state of the rest of this town, it could probably be knocked over pretty easily, too. >->
BUT NOPE, 92 AGILITY IT IS!!

I was totally not prepared for that. It really set something off deep within me.
Agility used to be one of my lowest skill levels due to how tedious it is to train it.
(You literally run obstacle courses. Over and over and over and over again. Click-intensive. Repetitive. Mind-numbingly boring.)
I got so triggered, I set out on a personal quest to achieve 99 Agility, SO THAT NO WALL WILL EVER GET IN MY WAY EVER AGAIN!!!

The kicker? The REAL salt in the wound?

Here's another shortcut. This one requires 65 Agility to cross.

At level 65, you have ~449k XP points in a skill.
At 92 (which is halfway to 99 btw), you have ~6,5m XP.
(Most training methods don't even exceed 50K XP/h. It's agonizingly slow.)

Boring numbers aside, the main point is, your character can pull of stunts like this

And it somehow requires less skill than this:

Y U NO MAKE SENSE?!

Another interesting thing is that this low wall isn't even half as useful as the statue-shortcut.
I use the statue one pretty much all the time, but this one I've probably only ever used because "OHAIDERE THERE'S THAT WALL AGAIN IMMA CLIMB IT JUST BECAUSE I CAN!!!"

(And in case anyone was wondering, yes, I did eventually achieve my goal of mastering this skill. >-> It was my third 99 and I'm extremely proud of it since I did it the pointlessly hard/pure way. But that's also beside the point.)