The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Video games you're most excited about for 2018  (Read 3139 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Video games you're most excited about for 2018
« on: January 04, 2018, 01:33:31 PM »
So what video games in 2018 are you most excited for? Why are you excited for it and do you have a trailer to show?

I'm mostly excited for...

Red Dead Redemption 2: I love RDR and all rockstar games, it looks like it's gonna be a total hit and amazing game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63h3v9QV7w

Kingdom Come: Deliverance: An open world simulation game set in 15th century europe? Yes please! This game offers extremely realistic environments, combat and gameplay experiences, as well as a fully reactive world. In the game, you're not a king, but a peasant just trying to survive in the hostile medieval world, with in game events occurring whether or not you are involved, with the game world changing with you. Who will you be in this simulated medieval world?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-lfrXUtKY

Detroit: Become Human: From the creators of Heavy Rain comes a new interactive story game set in a cyberpunk future, it looks really interesting. Keep in mind the following trailer contains some disturbing settings related to domestic abuse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPmIBqRwQU

Identity: If you're ever played Dark RP on Gmod you know what Identity is all about. A standalone version of dark RP, identity is basically an MMORPG where players choose roles in a virtual city entirely run by players. What will you become?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F3Nbcfr2YM
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
Re: Video games you're most excited about for 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:31:05 PM »
Mount and blade: Bannerlord
Cant get excited enough. I've been waiting for a long time...
I've been playing mount and blade for a long time so i gotta allota hype for this

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:58:33 PM »
Been waiting like most of 2017 for totally accurate battle simulator and Fusion Fall Retro to release so excited for those to come out this year though hyped has kinda went down as I got addicated to a different game : P
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline s0ul_d3ww

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Whatever.
    • Global PokédeX Plus
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat/Robot Hybrid.
  • Coloring: Solid dark gray.
  • Height: ???
  • Weight: ???
  • Build: Bit chubby, bulky with robotic parts.
  • Currently: I'm doing okay.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 02:54:39 AM »
The new game Bethesda has on the roster. I don't remember the name - but I'm excited!

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 05:15:57 AM »
the new Pokemon game on the switch, i haven't really played Pokemon before so i think it's a good starting point
not a signature

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 05:41:28 AM »
I'm most excited for Far Cry 5 and We Happy Few. I think I saw the demos for We Happy Few and I liked the overall creepy aspect of the game because it seems like a new theme and I'm excited to know and learn more about it when it comes out. As for the far cry series? I started on 3 and never looked back. Its set way of game-play is appealing to me and if I liked far cry 3, 4, and primal? I'm probably going to like Far Cry 5 too.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »
Can't wait for Bannerlord, it's almost harvesting season.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 06:03:17 PM »
Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I was actually hoping for Melolune and Bare Sands as well, but since those two have no progress right now I'm waiting for a game that hasn't even been named yet.

I really loved the story of Ori and the Blind Forest, despite it's for me ridiculous high difficulty. So when I heard there would be a sequel I was pleasantly surprised. They already showed a short trailer during this year's E3, but it's probably gonna take a while before I'll hear more of it.

Melolune takes place in the same world as Rakuen (mostly), and Rakuen had a rather interesting story. However, Melolune is an RPG whereas Rakuen was a puzzle game. For Melolune there's a demo available, but unfortunately the game's development has been on hiatus for over three years at this point in favour of Rakuen. Even now Rakuen has long been finished and out, there's no sign of any further development of this game yet.

Bare Sands was a big RPG project from Alonwoof, and was the first EU-16 game I'm genuinely interested in. Also anthros. For a first mature game I couldn't have found any better one. Unfortunately the development of this one has also been put on hiatus recently in favour of a simpler platform game. It's also a mature anthro game, so I still have a EU-16 game to show interest in. I don't know if it'll be finished this year. If it isn't and doesn't get abandoned, this game has the biggest chance to have my interest roll on to 2019 out of the games I mentioned.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:37:22 PM by Michen_S »

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 11:31:48 PM »
I should also put here that i'm quite interested in seeing what Cyanide stuidios dos does with Call of Cthulhu and Werewolf- The apocalypse. Set in the same world as vampire: the masquerade i think ;V
Or related it's from white wolf.
Im excited anywayyy

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 01:01:23 PM »
Personally, I'm really excited about what's going to happen to Elite Dangerous in 2018.

Elite is an open world RPG space sim set in 3304, and it's quite a huge game. While, shure, the game has been out for a very long time, the game is constantly changing and fleshing out itself with new things to do, and expansions on the story/lore sides of the game. Especially recently, with the return of the Thargoids, (a hostile alien race seen in the earlier 1983 game) and all sorts of other stuff like the Formidine rift conspiracy.

I'm really looking forward to what's going to happen in the game in 2018!

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 03:36:00 PM »
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

An RPG set in THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE! How many games even mention the HRM? Not a lot outside of fairly niche strategy titles like Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis. God, I hope this turns out to be good! If it's successful that could open the door for more historical based RPGs or games in general in the future. Still waiting for a first person shooter where the main weapon(s) are muskets, maybe a game set in Reformation era/Renaissance era europe!

Also really looking forward to dynasty warriors 9, it has a lot of potential being that it's gonna be open world. Vampyr has potential to, outside of the Vampire the Masquerade games the world doesn't really have any good games about vampires.

Offline Vergil

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 175lbs
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 11:35:45 PM »
I'm excited for the Dark Souls and Shadow of the Colossus remasters. But in terms of new games, the only one that I'm interested in is Detroit: Become Human. I just hope that it controls better than Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. QTEs are rarely done well, and unfortunately relying on them too much doesn't turn out super well. Still, QD has a great track-record for story-telling, so I'm definitely going to play it regardless.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 09:52:27 AM »
A new trailer for Kingdom Come: Deliverance has come out and it's made me even more excited!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cn4Hg6q9XU
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 01:38:09 AM »
I think the game that I'm pretty excited for is Far Cry 5, I can't think of anything else that I want to play yet.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KotaRhode

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 06:34:36 AM »
I'm excited for the new Yoshi game. I just it hope it turns out better than Kirby Star Allies (which it probably will).

Also Detroit: Become Human because all of Quantic Dream's games have been amazing so far.