The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Forest to Forest - A story about Birds!  (Read 911 times)

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Forest to Forest - A story about Birds!
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:35:52 PM »
For most of my short life I never had known what I was exactly, still not completely sure. I have feathers and can fly, I have heard the term bird tossed around but still, I’m not sure. Living most of my life behind a strange, nearly invisible wall with other feathery, flying things, I had seen all kinds of strange other birds. Two legged, fur and featherless, giants with smooth, hole-like beaks would often walk around the area outside of my home, which I must say was a weird forest indeed.

These giants seemed to somehow trap part of the sun in little rounded and cylinder like objects that they hung on the solid sky; some birds lived in water, I tried to call out to a small one that was seemingly made of gold, but it just replied by swimming to the other side of the rounded wall.

Often the giants would walk wingless birds with exclusively fur and no feathers, their chirps far deeper and they walk with strings around them that the giants held. One day a giant took me to a new forest, put into a large metal… thing. My new man-slave opened up an even bigger bird that we seemed to ride inside of to my new home. The rest was history, everything was perfect, I got to play, bathe, and eat delicious food from my giant-slave, other giants when they come into my forest, make a repeated noise to get my slave’s attention, because of this I call him Dan

It was all nice… then a new bird came. HE PUT IT RIGHT IN MY CAGE! It seems to like to stay in one particular place, in front of a tiny plastic house set next to my FOOD CUP!

The feather-head mimics all of movements, everytime I try to put him in his place he has the nerve to do the same to me, I WAS HERE FIRST, IT IS MINE, THEMS IS THE RULES!

What is weird is when I screech at him to show my dominance, his beak moves but I only hear my voice, I don’t understand what game he is playing.
Took a long while before one day, Dan opened up my metal wall and I got to fly around my forest; perching on strange refined, flat trees, some had a weird type of leaves over it that when I tore off some white fluffy stuff came out!

Dan also keeps calling me things… for awhile it was Carrie, than it was Mary, now it's Frosty the cutest lil parakeet in da world… that’s been the name for a good thirty moons! 

--------------------

I was reading to my parakeet (Leliana) when I got this idea (also helped I was reading her Black Beauty) consider this just a bit of a draft. I would love to hear what you guys think!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:37:31 PM by Lord James The ll »

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Forest to Forest - A story about Birds!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:25:42 PM »
haha that's cute, interesting to here the perspective of a bird when a mirror is placed in his cage xD
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Forest to Forest - A story about Birds!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:51:28 PM »
haha that's cute, interesting to here the perspective of a bird when a mirror is placed in his cage xD

Thanks! was a bit worried that the mirror part was hard to get.