The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not sure if she is.  (Read 988 times)

Offline dominic

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • furs are like friends, we make each other happy :3
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
  • Coloring: Tealish
  • Build: Floofeh
  • Currently: Having a good time on the Furry Discord server as always xD
Not sure if she is.
« on: December 27, 2017, 06:01:13 PM »
Hello my fellow furs! It's just me, Dominic, and I have a question that I really need help with. So my girlfriend, who has never considered if she was a furry or not, had a dream last night that she was a fox and woke up confused. I know that I am personally a cat / Dutchie and I am very open with her about being myself and she loves it. She was also going to get fox ears and a tail before she had this dream for when we go to Anthrocon. I am just wondering if I should let her know if she is a fur or if it is just a coincidence? :?

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
Re: Not sure if she is.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »
I want to say one thing, and I'm speaking from personal experience here:
Dreams can be incredibly weird. Like, I once had a dream wherein an airplane crashed into my bedroom. In the same night, my mother dreamt about an airplane crashing into a nearby warehouse. And my brother dreamt about that same warehouse being on fire... Yeah.

Back on point, that dream does not mean she's a furry. She's not a furry unless she sees herself as one. However, if she loves that you're an anthro cat, wants to get fox ears and a tail and wants to go to Anthrocon, then yes. She might want to consider seeing herself as a furry.

Offline dominic

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • furs are like friends, we make each other happy :3
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
  • Coloring: Tealish
  • Build: Floofeh
  • Currently: Having a good time on the Furry Discord server as always xD
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 06:35:22 PM »
   Thank you for helping me out on that matter! We are both happy to have an answer about this and she seems happy to know that she is. Despite not showing many signs to me before, although I am also bad about picking up on many things and she may have shown a few times and I might not have known XD , she was eager to jump onto more websites to look at other ears and tails.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 06:48:11 PM »
When I was a kid I had a dream where my boyfriend at the time and I shapeshifted into (non-anthro) wolves. I never made a wolf fursona, but later on when he joined the fandom, he did. That was a coincidence though, as the chances of someone choosing a wolf or fox fursona is quite high. :P

But yeah, she probably had that dream because she was thinking about the fox ears/tail she wanted to get. Dreams are basically composed of various memories and thoughts, often recent ones, rolled up into one nonsensical play. When I have a dream that sticks to me, I like to replay what I remember in my head and try to figure out what memories spawned certain details in the dream. It's pretty interesting.

And like Michen said, she really may consider herself a furry, though the dream isn't necessarily proof of it.

Oop, see a response as I tried posting this. Cool! I'm glad she's having fun with this, and I hope you two have a fun time at Anthrocon. (I'm kinda envious, lol)