The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Um... hi?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Sleep comes quick with hot cocoa and a blanket.
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Blue and white.
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 140 lbs.
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Contemplating the perplexity of complex metallurgy that is my paper clip.
Um... hi?
« on: December 20, 2017, 01:03:46 PM »
So, I am not technically a furry, however, the culture fascinates me. I don't know why. Perhaps it's their inclusivity of others even if they are not one of them. Perhaps it's how much unjust hate they get, yet they continue to live their lives. Perhaps it's their creativity, I have seen some really creative furry costumes. Perhaps it's due to my love of animals. Or perhaps I am just a furry in self-denial. Whatever the case, I can't seem to get enough of them.

So, yea. I am here to socialize with anyone who is interested. I want to know your life stories; how did you find yourself dressing as animals? Where do you go to meet other furrys? How did you discover your animal persona? And the like.

Momma Bird

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
Re: Um... hi?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 01:49:22 PM »
Welcome to the Forums!  :)  I hope you find the answers your looking for, Im personally not very good at talking about myself. But I can provide something that might help a little, its a thread here that kinda explains in my option a pretty well to of " What a furry is "  I hope that helps

Cheers and have a good one
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »
Hey, welcome to the forums :D
(I just moved the thread so you can get more attention ;) )

Being a furry is only a lifestyle if you make it that, otherwise a furry is just someone who like animal character based art.
Where do you go to meet other furries? Here is  start :P
How did I discover my persona? It's less about discovering it and just choosing one.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Currently: Contemplating the perplexity of complex metallurgy that is my paper clip.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 02:32:14 PM »
Sorry if I am putting anyone on the spot, that was not my intent. I am just looking to socialize. I am fairly familiar with the furry community, and I defiantly would make my persona a crow if I got into it. But I doubt it would be well received in my city, so I was just looking for it online. That is my only intent, not trying to make anyone uncomfortable.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 02:39:11 PM »
Sorry if I am putting anyone on the spot, that was not my intent. I am just looking to socialize. I am fairly familiar with the furry community, and I defiantly would make my persona a crow if I got into it. But I doubt it would be well received in my city, so I was just looking for it online. That is my only intent, not trying to make anyone uncomfortable.

Once again, it only becomes a lifestyle thing if you make it as such. People here are very welcoming to whatever your ideas are. if you want to write yourself down as human, well we have someone here down as an army tank.

Being a furry doesn't have to be anything beyond having an avatar of a character you made. Anything beyond that is up to you.
You have nothing to be sorry about ;)

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 02:41:40 PM »
@MrRazot

Thanks for responding. I think it started with the art for me. If you are familiar with the Get Fuzzy comics, I loved reading those when I was young. And I always enjoyed games like Spyro and Ratchet & Clank.

Loved your response to it being less about discovering one's character as opposed to just choosing one. Makes it simple :) . But did you ever find you changed your character down the line?

Post Merge: December 20, 2017, 02:45:36 PM
ha ha, you are always one reply ahead of me. Anyway, I have to go. If I you respond and I say nothing, I am not snubbing you.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:45:36 PM by Momma Bird, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 03:04:38 PM »
@MrRazot

Thanks for responding. I think it started with the art for me. If you are familiar with the Get Fuzzy comics, I loved reading those when I was young. And I always enjoyed games like Spyro and Ratchet & Clank.

Loved your response to it being less about discovering one's character as opposed to just choosing one. Makes it simple :) . But did you ever find you changed your character down the line?

Post Merge: December 20, 2017, 02:45:36 PM

ha ha, you are always one reply ahead of me. Anyway, I have to go. If I you respond and I say nothing, I am not snubbing you.

What it boils down to is that it can be as simple as just choosing one. My first character/fursona was a Fox, but somewhere down the line I thought I could better represent myself with a falcon. There are people who have 1 character that they feel is the animal incarnation of themselves, and you have people with 20+ characters that all fill into their own head canon for their own character story lines. It's all really down to how much you want to get involved, but at the end of the day, it's a facet to your own creativity and you can stop wherever you like with it. :)

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 05:09:50 PM »
I used to read Get Fuzzy too. Bucky was awesome.

For me, being a furry is mostly about the art, and also about socializing with friendly folks. Like you said, the furry community tends to be very welcoming and positive.

People do sometimes change their personas over time, and a fair number of people have more than one. I have two myself, that reflect different aspects of myself.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 07:31:57 PM »
Welcome to the Forums.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 10:25:46 PM »
Nice, someone who knows what Get Fuzzy is. Bucky was defiantly the star of the show, but I have a soft spot Satchel.

So, just to reiterate what I had learned today, correct me if I am wrong; being a fan of anthropomorphic characters, which I have always been, qualifies me as being a furry? There is no way out of it? I can totally live with that.

I am going to start woking on an online persona character when I have more down time. Why not, right? I am actually excited about it.

Also, to my surprise, I googled my city name with furry and was shocked to find that we have had events in the past. I will have to keep an eye out for future events. For me personally, I guess I am questioning on the dressing up part. I am not sure if it is for me, but I am not sure if it is not. Regardless, I definitely would like to meet some that do though, again, the culture fascinates me. Does that make sense?

I am so sorry for babbled. I am still trying to find where I fit in all this.

Deep thank you to all those that replied. Hope to have lots of discussions in the future.

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 05:36:00 AM »
welcome to the forum ^_^  i'm sure you'll have fun with the forum games, roleplaying and more
not a signature

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 05:57:35 AM »
Thank you <3 !

Offline MoJoJoJo

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Panda
  • Coloring: Standard panda but with only one ear black
  • Build: Stocky with a bit of a belly
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 02:01:03 AM »
Welcome hope you find what your lookign for and have fun  XD

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 10:08:37 AM »
well we have someone here down as an army tank.

And, that would be me, just incase you though MrRazot was joking! :P

Just to fall back on the thing one more time.

Being a furry is a thing that's pretty open to intertpretation. Essentially, you're a furry if you consider yourself a furry! Regardless of how involved you are in the business.

But, even if you weren't a furry, I'm shure that you'd still be welcome here, as long as you're a friendly person! ;P

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 02:37:29 PM »
Hey there Momma Bird, Welcome to the forum!

Don't worry too much about where you identify, I know a few people who have around with the furry community simply for the community, and don't have a fursona or identify as furries. But if you end up liking the idea, then go for it! Either way, no stress, just enjoy yourself :)

If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask me or any other moderator, we're always here to help!
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";