The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Would a romance between a Raccoon and a Snake work?  (Read 853 times)

Offline Rocketeer Raccoon

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Grey with Black masked face and a Black and White striped tail.
  • Height: 5' 8
  • Build: Slender
Would a romance between a Raccoon and a Snake work?
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »
So I'm trying to write a story about my Rocketeer Raccoon story of a young slender raccoon called Rudy who gains a jet-pack to save the world and he also has a girlfriend called Sarah but she is a snake, the naga sort.

Rudy
Sarah

The question is would a romance between them actually work? How would they come to first meet each other? How could he make her fall in love with him? What reasons would she like about him? Do girls even go for scrawny guys? But one thing that actually worries me is that while she will coil around him, could she accidentally crush him to death or can snakes be gentle while coiling? I don't know if for her being a snake would actually be a problem for him?

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: Would a romance between a Raccoon and a Snake work?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 05:07:50 PM »
Well, depending on how much your girlfriend snake actually psychologically resembles a snake, I'd say that it could very well.

However, a little problem here is that I don't actually know all that much about raccoons. I know that they're scavengers, and stuff, but not really much about their common personalities and mindsets, but you do, so I figure I'll just tell you something I've found about snakes, and you can figure it out for yourself.

Soo, snakes, besides potentially being venomous, are actually very vurnable in nature. They don't have any arms/appendages to defend themselves with, and they're not particulairly fast either. Once an oponent is within attack range with the snake, all he has to do is avoid the fangs, and being crushed and the assailent will be good to go.

As a result, snakes are generally pretty shy and reserved, and likely won't have much critique towards any potential mate that approaches them.

But, being reptiles, they love warmth! Both emotional, and actual physical warmth. So, I couldn't see why a snake wouldn't physically be attracted to a fluffy creature, such as a raccoon.

The emotional warmth is another thing, though.

Snakes have a tendency to stick with the partner whom they consider the most emotionally warming towards them. And, if a more warm PM approaches them, and shows interest, she'll likely have no problem in just choosing the warmest of the two.

This means that if your male character is somewhat rough in behaviour, he may risk loosing his snake GF to a warmer guy.

About the question of her coilling around your raccoon.

Yes, Rudy deffinetly has good reason to be concerned about Sarah intentionally coilling around him, to harm him. But, not accidently. Snakes have very slow metabolisms, and will avoid expending energy when they don't need to.
In the wild, a snake will eat once a week or two, and spend the rest of it sleeping, and louzily loitering around.

So, you won't have to worry about Sarah accidently crushing Rudy, as that would cost too much effort for it to happen without her actually intending to harm him.

Any more questions? c:

Offline Rocketeer Raccoon

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Grey with Black masked face and a Black and White striped tail.
  • Height: 5' 8
  • Build: Slender
Re: Would a romance between a Raccoon and a Snake work?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 01:23:48 PM »
Hey, I know I'm late to responding to this but I'll reply anyway. So I take it that there is absolutely nothing to worry about and say that they can work out together. But what about how they met? Can Rudy just go straight to her and ask her out even though they have never met before or does he have to play the long route of just being her friend first?