The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tips on attending a furry meetup ?  (Read 962 times)

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
Tips on attending a furry meetup ?
« on: November 09, 2017, 11:06:46 PM »
So basically in the nearish future there'll be a furry meetup, and I'd kiiinda like to go along to see what it's like

Ive never really been to one of these before or been around fursuiters in general, so I'm not really sure what to expect. And also (like 90 % of people on here) I'm quite shy and reserved, which is probably going to be a challenge in and of itself to even not look like a twit there
So if anyone has been and knows what it's like, I'd really like to hear about it ^^;
[/URL]

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Tips on attending a furry meetup ?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 06:57:45 AM »
Furry meet ups aren't anything particularly scary, a lot of furries are shy and nervous so you'll fit in with the group fine. Here's a couple of things I suggest you do!

1. Before the furry meet up see if you can meet some furries online who are attending. It might be good to have at least one person you know at the event and they can introduce you to all their furry friends and you can become one of the group!
  2. Introduce yourself as new! Furries love to make new friends and there's a lot of furries who will gladly show you around and introduce you to the pack. The thing is, some furry meets can get a bit cliquey but when you introduce yourself as new a lot of people are more willing to open up and invite you into their group.
  3. Know some fursuiting etiquette. Fursuits are expensive, they limit vision and a lot of people can make mistakes when it comes to dealing with a fursuiter, so read up on some proper fursuit etiquette so you don't embarrass yourself. Don't hug a fursuiter without their permission, for example, and don't be rough with a fursuit as they can sometimes be very fragile. Keep in mind fursuitters have low vision they may bump into you if you run up to them too quickly. Don't lift or tug a fursuit tail without permission and so forth. Just general stuff like that.
  4. Have a way home. You will most likely really enjoy your furry meet up, but because you said you're shy and nervous you may become overwhelmed, and if that's the case going home is totally fine. Just make sure you have a way to get home incase anything happens.

Overall you'll probably have lots of fun!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";