The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Book recommendations!  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Book recommendations!
« on: October 01, 2017, 11:27:57 PM »
First off, if you like history I would recommend Scotland: The Story Of A Nation by Magnus Magnusson. I've only recently started reading it but it is an extremely well made book! Over 700 pages long, it goes into great detail about Scotland from her days as Pictland, to the mid nineteenth century.

The other for history is Dan Jones' The Plantagenets. A great and fairly detailed look at the Plantagenet kings and queens for england, covering everything up to the the wars of the roses.

Next is The Divine Comedy by great italian Poet Dante Alighieri. This is something that is best experienced for oneself instead of one describing it to you, just remember; "All hope abandon, ye who enter here."

I'm currently reading through The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. As my first ever experience with him (No, I have yet to read three musketeers) it is utterly fantastic. A great message upon revenge, and a great adventure story!

A Dog's purpose is awesome, read it. Right now, stop whatever you are doing and read it, that and pretty much everything by the Erin Hunter group.

If you are a Star Wars fan, you have no excuse for not reading the novelization of episode 3, the book puts the movie to death in... well everything. The characters are done extremely well, Anakin's fall to the dark side makes sense and he isn't a whiny, bad actor in this! The relationship between Annie and Palpatine is amazingly well done, it really shows Anakin's struggle and how he grows to feel Palpatine is the only person he can trust.

Bernard Cornwell's Archer's tale is the book that made me fall in love with this author. Set during the 100 years war, Thomas of Hookton leaves his village after it was sacked and later becomes a mercenary working for the british. He meets a noblewoman and they team up to get revenge on the noble house that has caused them so much pain.

What are your book Recommendations? I would love to know.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:31:38 PM by Lord James The ll, Count of MI, Protector of The Great Lakes »

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
Re: Book recommendations!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 11:32:03 PM »
My favorite book is Watership Down and recommend it to everybody.  ^_^
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 11:41:45 PM »
My favorite book is Watership Down and recommend it to everybody.  ^_^

Looks pretty interesting, I'll check it out.

Offline Eclipse1

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Simply silly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxie
  • Currently: Derpy
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 11:53:21 PM »
Highly recommend Night by Elie Wiesel. Though its subject matter may turn a few off to the book, what I found captivating was the writer's poetic diction and use of imagery, which really puts the horrors of the Holocaust at the forefront of the reader's mind.
In memory of what should've been,
A sentimental treasure to indulge in.