The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: This is why i think you furs should turn over to Discord.  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: This is why i think you furs should turn over to Discord.
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2017, 07:16:59 PM »
Why would bots get on a furry discord? Like, what'd they have to seek there?

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2017, 08:04:03 PM »
I think there are also bots people add to just do stuff, kinda like the bots on Twitch.
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2017, 08:36:57 PM »
Yeah, but you can make the server soo that people can only join if you accept their request, right?

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2017, 08:53:41 PM »
Not sure about that, I know you can prevent people from inviting others with instant invite . But I don't known if there is a option to do it like that. I mean a private server is easy to manage without it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:58:04 PM by ? »
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Taliaka Anichezachi

• You might not understand me, but at least give me a try love :3
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • You are all a part of my family
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Spherix Dragon
  • Coloring: Rough black and gray fur all over my body
  • Height: 0.8 Meters
  • Weight: 12 KG
  • Build: Small, about 0.6 meters in height, 1 meters wingspan, lean build, athletic
  • Currently: Huggable :3 ... for now <3
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2017, 11:03:38 PM »
Not sure about that, I know you can prevent people from inviting others with instant invite . But I don't known if there is a option to do it like that. I mean a private server is easy to manage without it.

I would love to have you guys help me invite new people :3 just to help us grow over there and show people we are a good friendly server :3

Discord is gud once u get on a server which is not complete spam or ded lolAnd not all bots

I completely agree on that part, just plain fun, not dead and nicely moderated with no requirement to have more bots then a twitch account :3 paws up!
Hey there! wanna hang out! send a message my way, always open to meet new people <3

Offline Taliaka Anichezachi

• You might not understand me, but at least give me a try love :3
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • You are all a part of my family
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Spherix Dragon
  • Coloring: Rough black and gray fur all over my body
  • Height: 0.8 Meters
  • Weight: 12 KG
  • Build: Small, about 0.6 meters in height, 1 meters wingspan, lean build, athletic
  • Currently: Huggable :3 ... for now <3
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2017, 02:45:17 PM »
Why would bots get on a furry discord? Like, what'd they have to seek there?

There are automatic bots that scrape public invite links from the Internet so they can join open servers and send a message to every user inviting them to join another one. It's not a negative or bad thing but it can be annoying.

Yes i would have to agree there, its a very true thing that i wish just wouldn't exist, My server is luckily bot free though but iv'e been on some who install numerus misc bots for no other reason then for the lols, not a fan

Post Merge: September 30, 2017, 02:48:58 PM
The difference between a chat app and a forum is pretty huge, the one is for direct chatting with people and the other is more or less talking to no one in particular, or at least that's how it is for me. I'm not exactly a fan of group chats since the topics that are talked about will be all mixed together, people will talk over each other and get some users accidentally ignored in the process. Also when a certain topic is abandoned and people move forward to a new one, it's weird to reply to something that's pretty much not relevant anymore. So I'd rather have many different topics available for replying rather than try to make a crowd talk about the same thing in a chat.

If I was to talk about Discord itself - it's so convenient to use, I instantly fell in love with the darker coloration it has since Skype for example was such an eyesore with all that white and bright blue.

I agree, i try to eliminate that by creating more chat rooms topic related so the topic crisscross is mostly non existent yet when i use my server i tend to try and drag everyone who wants to into the discussion, yet we do have a solid place on Discord new furs to chat, we beg new people welcome and we chat on a daily basis using topic of all matters and everyone in there love it so far, so don't be afraid that you are talking about there is true for all servers but you are right for some it is :3 i also like to put great effort into moderating the server so its a great place for everyone :3
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:48:58 PM by Skya, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Hey there! wanna hang out! send a message my way, always open to meet new people <3