The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Why do people do this?  (Read 842 times)

Offline Khaise Grey

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Rawr!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Saber Tooth (Smilodon)
  • Coloring: White, light and dark grey-blue with red eyes.
  • Currently: Having fun doing the HSC... not
Why do people do this?
« on: August 08, 2017, 03:18:49 AM »
So last night, Sparkycando or just Sparky! on youtube posted a new video where she was in my hometown of Sydney for an event so I left the following comment:

"I wish I was there! I live in Sydney and I based my own fursona of your Saber!"

Then Sparky actually replied and I just about peed with excitement! She said that it was cool and asked whether I will be coming next year. So I then wrote this message back:

"I hope so! I also hope to get my Saber suit made by you too! I'm a huge fan of yours! I just need to finish my schooling and save up!"

Then This happened: (its a really rude so I will link to the image instead of attach it)

[CONTENT REMOVED]

This is the first time I have personally been targeted and the comment has since been reported and deleted. But I just don't understand why people find it necessary to do this! First of all why would they even watch the video? If they don't like the community they can just do something else! Plus, I was only saying that I want to finish school and then get Khaise commissioned by her.

I know that there have been far worse cases of hate and what not but I thought it had died down over the years. Its 2017! can't we all just accept each other?

I haven't been able to track down the user in question and I just want to warn people about him/her/etc in the future. People, not just me, don't deserve this sort of hate.

Anyway, comment below if you've been targeted similarly or express your opinion on the matter.

Khaise Grey
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:37:46 PM by Trixsie Vixen, Reason: Please do not post links to inappropriate content »
  • Signature art by: Me!
Artist ~ Gamer ~ Weeb ~ Goofball

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: Why do people do this?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 03:50:34 PM »
Don't take this wrong way, I'm not pettifying what's happened to you, here.

A lot of people, especially from where I am from, often underestimate the effects something like this can have on a person. It can, obviously, ruin someones day, but to scertain, more vurnable people, it can lead to a whole lot of other nasty stuff, such as social anxiety. And I'm not disregarding these things.

But, there are a lot of psychological reasons, to why a person would behave like this. But, I'm not going to discuss them, since noone cares, and it doesn't change anything, anyway.

And, yes, the question of why people exhibit this kind of behaviour is completely warrantable to ask, since, essentially, what these people are doing, is completely useless...

They're really just wasting their time, energy, and resources, on nothing at all

But, Baud has already done a good job establishing that...

Meanwhile, it's best for you to understand that there's no reason for you to feel bad about yourself, or angry, or whatever, any emotion at all, because of this comment.

You know that being a furry isn't messed up, you know that your comment wasn't misplaced, you know that you don't have rabies, you know that you don't use your fursuit for what this individual claims, and you know that you're not ashamed of being a furry... Because, if you were, you wouldn't be one, would you!?

I know it's not as easy as it sounds. But just ignore it! Don't feel sad, don't feel offended, don't get angry, or, most importantly, don't try to engage in any sort of communication with these kind of persons.

He's wasting his time and energy on you, the best and only thing you can do, is to make shure you don't waste any time or energy on him!

And, if you can, just have a laugh at it! Especially at that redicoulous, almost incomprehensible grammar of his...

I hope that helps!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, well... I'll be damned...

I couldn't find a better  summation of "Why people do this", if I tried!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:58:39 PM by U.S.N Iowa »

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 04:03:57 PM »
I wish I could give a long answer to this but I can't.
In short it comes all down to this: they feel the need to be provocative and are dying for a response.
The people I'm around now and then joke about saying "f**king furries" etc. and we even laugh at those being "provocative".

Bottom line is: those who say that stuff solely want to be provocative and want a response knowing they have had any impact on something.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 04:04:45 PM »
Until the end of time, there will be idiots. Plain and simple.

And yes, I've experienced hate too, just in a...different way  >:3
If you go scrolling through the comment section on Duke or older Majira videos (or random others), you'll find me arguing with idiots and eventually turning most of them inside out and making them go away. I've had some hilarious rage quits  XD
You aren't supposed to feed the trolls but I stuffed them till they burst. If you have the drive to do it, it's quite fun  ^_^

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 05:29:00 AM »
I don't post on youtube or pretty much any site that I do not feel safe on.

Why people do this is simple.  They are insecure about their own self.  Rather than become a better and understanding person, it is easier to degrade someone else.  Calling someone stupid or gross or ugly makes them feel better about their own selves because they do not understand the thing and therefore think it must be beneath them.  They also like reactions.  Because again it makes them think they are clever and witty and complex and right.  When in reality they are just closed minded idiots.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket