The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Any into fitness here?  (Read 889 times)

Offline Salakar Crocoli

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Coloring: Pale Gold-ish, with some grey patches
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Slim
Any into fitness here?
« on: August 02, 2017, 07:37:13 AM »
I'm not in good shape. I'm not going to bored you with too many details, but I'm 17 and I think I could be in much better shape than I am. Do any of you guys know where I could start? Any information/advice or even just linking me to another place with information would be hugely appreciated.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm done with this thing. I don't know what to put here.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Re: Any into fitness here?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »
This seems like a decent place to start!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/wiki/getting_started

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »
As a Marine Corps Poolee, they gave me a little booklet. It includes various workout, one of which being a 30 day plan (though there are longer ones) for people of various activity levels to get people ready to bootcamp. If you want to PM me, I can give you the various options it has

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 04:45:25 PM »
Just start briskly walking a lot. Put in a podcast or music and walk fast enough your heart rate increases for 30 minutes to an hour at least. Doing that everyday is super beneficial and also free, and with music in you just eat up the miles (instead of eating up sugar).

Then you can run for that amount of time as well, or swim at the pool. IMO you dont need a gym to get fit (unless you want to build muscles), just the park and the pool is good enough

Also stop eating sugar: it gives your body more energy than it uses, which gets stored as fat. Vegetables also make you feel great !!! Go vegan 1000% !!!!
Don't stop eating meat though, give yourself some more protein if you push your body X3
[/URL]

Offline Solomon the Solitary

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Subtle but bold.
    • Awards
  • Species: Chinese/Western Dragon Hybrid.
  • Coloring: Night black with a royal purple underbelly.
  • Height: Over 7'8.
  • Weight: 300-365 pounds.
  • Build: Muscular build and a fairly curvy body.
  • Currently: Feeling confident.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 03:23:28 AM »
I see you're 17, does your school offer a personal fitness class? Also, go walk! I'm not a very athletic person either, but I keep in shape by going out and walking about!