The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: CD sounds fuzzy ?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
CD sounds fuzzy ?
« on: July 19, 2017, 03:22:53 PM »
I got the Panic at the disco, a fever you can't sweat out CD from HMV a few days ago but it sounded really fuzzy and terrible when I played it back (like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2BivxeLUhw)
I also put it into my dad's computer to test it and it seemed to work ok then, maybe it's just my 6-year old pc showing its age rip

I got it replaced today but this one is doing the same thing. It isn't my speakers because other CDs /mp3s play fine off of it. anyone got any ideas ?
[/URL]

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: CD sounds fuzzy ?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:24:04 PM »
That's very strange. It's possible it's the CD drive that might be acting up, otherwise it could be the music player you're using that is reading the CD incorrectly.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »
First test with headphones/earbuds if you can. If it still sounds fuzzy then, try testing it in another means of playing a CD (standard CD player, another computer, ect). If it still does it after that point, the CD may be messed-up (which some do degrade since certain brands use biodegradable materials for the CD's).

If it works with the headphones, then the speakers might be going bad. If it doesn't work with the headphones, but works in a different player, then it could very well be the CD drive you're using needs the lens to be cleaned or replaced.

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 05:37:42 PM »

Tried it with headphones and speakers, both are fuzzy as well :vCD drive is working fine for other CDs strangely, my dad has a usb one and that is reading it correctly and stuff. Really strange it's this one CD that is being difficult but working fine elsewhere XD

Guess it's time to give this laptop to the graveyard.. been a long time coming anyways X3
[/URL]

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 05:43:22 PM »
If it works with a USB CD-drive, then the CD-drive may need to have the lens-cleaned.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 06:24:40 PM »
Have you tried other audio player software? Foobar is a good one to try (http://www.foobar2000.org/) and has a portable mode so you don't even need to install it!

But yeah, it's very likely it is the CD drive. Even if it's fine with other CD's it's possible that something with that particular CD is hard for it to read and therefore it doesn't output it properly.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!