The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream Thread!  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Aelyn Frostwolf

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White/Black
  • Height: 4.5 ft
  • Weight: 30Kg
  • Build: Extremely Thin
  • Currently: Very Happy :)
Dream Thread!
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:10:40 PM »
I have no idea if this has been done before, but here's the dream thread!
In this thread ask other random questions about random stuff, aspirations, and such like.

Starter Questions: (Pick one  XD )
  • Where is your dream job?
  • Are you able to remember your dreams?
  • Do you ever have lucid dreams?
  • Where is your dream location to live?
  • What is your dream girlfriend/boyfriend like?
  • What was your favorite or most memorable dream?
  • What was your weirdest dream? scariest?
[/list]
  • Avatar by: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I don't wanna live no more
Sometimes I hear death knocking at my front door
I'm living everyday like a hustle
Another drug to juggle, another day another struggle
-Notorious B.I.G

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
Re: Dream Thread!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 10:44:38 PM »
The only dreams I remember are the ones I don't want to rebember  x_x
[/URL]

Offline Aelyn Frostwolf

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 10:46:53 PM »
Ah okay, well I hope you have some great ones to remember soon, but I have nightmares often too  :S

What about what do you dream of doing most in life? :)
-Notorious B.I.G

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:29:14 PM »
Starter Questions: (Pick one  XD )
  • What was your weirdest dream? scariest?

I had a series of nightmares as a kid every night for a few weeks. It was always basically the same. I would "wake up on this strange island surrounded by water. I would wander around alone and lost and this figure would appear. I couldn't see him, I couldn't make out any details (always thought of it as a he- but never knew). and he would start following me. slowly and always at a distance but following me. It terrified me for some reason. I would run and fall a lot in the deep sand but he was always there just a little ways away. I would try and escape and he was still just there.
The dreams always changed a little with what I saw at the end of the docks on the island. sometimes it was sharks waiting and circling in the water blocking my escape. sometimes it was dead bodies just there in the water.
and eventually the dream would end as he caught up with me and just as he would lunge forward at me I would be enveloped by the sand and wake up.

that may not be my scariest dream but as I was pretty young and it was recurring it always seemed the scariest to me.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:30:00 PM »
I have had some great dreams in my life.  My favorite one is pretty long but was pretty cool.

I was a child version of myself and I was with this little girl and we were camping with a party of people.  Sort of like an old scout camping trip but the rest of the members were different ages.  I was also the leader of this trip.  But that was the adult, normal me. 

Anyway adult me took us down to an excavation site in a place in ice and snow but it was abandoned.  There were tools and machinery just sitting there.  After that we went back to our campsite.

The young girl and child me were playing close to the cliffside after it was dark and adult me heard noises and took a shotgun to the edge and accidentally shoots causing the young girl and child me to fall off the cliff into a river.  The girl died even though I never saw her body.  Just something I knew.  Young me was knocked out and the current took him with the river a far distance from the campsite.  Adult me was freaking out and two of the other campers came up and told me that I had nothing to worry about and I can go away.  So adult me and the two campers went back to the excavation site where they dug a hole in the ice where I layed down in and they buried me to hide me and were standing guard.  Child me woke up and was injured but more mature and wanted revenge on adult me.  And I knew exactly where adult me was and started making a long trek.  And adult me knew that young me knew where I was but was trying to ignore that fact.

It was cool because I had the point of view and perspective from both young and adult me.  So I felt both emotions from us at the same time.  I even written a poem about that dream.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Josh

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog - Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Caramel Orange
  • Height: 5'2
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Average Build, on the thin side
  • Currently: Mood: Happy and ready to RP
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 01:08:40 AM »
I have lucid dreams a lot via training XD
From the Internet!!
But yeah, it's pretty cool.
I can do whatever I want.....

And my dream girlfriend/boyfriend (I'm bi btw) would be someone who accepts me for who I am, who has a few similar hobbies that I take part in, someone who is kind and won't judge me for what activities I take part in...yeah, it sucks being single *laughing on the outside, crying on the inside*
Yours Furry
-Josh

Offline Aelyn Frostwolf

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 07:12:01 PM »
Did you have that dream often then fable? Do you feel it had any meaning or causes from the real world, like worried about something?

Albie that is an awesome dream, (well not awesome in like the shooting  XD ) But like the point with the adult and child perspective, so were child and adult you living simultaneously in the dream then?

Ah Josh I've always wanted to try that! I've never had a lucid dream but they'd be so sick, i'd fly about and stuff  XD And that's a good person to look for y'know, and you'll find the one don't worry :)
-Notorious B.I.G

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »
My dream job is sitting on my ass, [removed] and getting money out of that.
Most of my dreams are just nightmares about spiders or some random awkward bullshit. I don't want to describe them, they're just **censor** weird.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:09:50 PM by Cheza, Reason: Removed alcohol reference - Please keep things PG-13 »

Offline Aelyn Frostwolf

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 08:59:30 PM »
That's something I can get behind Brigand, but for me i'd have to have a [removed]  XD Where would this job be, if it could be anywhere?  :D And that's cool man  :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:10:17 PM by Cheza, Reason: Removed alcohol reference - Please keep things PG-13 »
-Notorious B.I.G

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »
Hi! I'm Brisky,

My dream job is to become a (good) police officer in the netherlands. It's quite the challenge with a succes ratio of 1/10, but I'm giving it my best shot!

I remember very few of my dreams. In fact, it's always quite special when I remember one at all. The most recent dream I can remember had something to do with zombies in my local neighboorhood. (I was unarmed)

I had a lucid dream, once, not soo long ago. It was quite coincidentally, the only other dream concerning an apocalypse scenario I've ever had.
I found a big box of guns, realised I was dreaming, decided to play around with the FN 5-7 I had found in the box for about 2 seconds, and got bored and decided to wake up.

My dream location to live is a small, wooden house, somewhere very deep in a large forest. Prefferably in a cold climate.
It's not that I hate humans. I just love forests!

My dream girlfriend is a girl who is good and fun company, but also capable. Someone I can take with me on adventures like exploring forests and foreign countries on foot, and have a good time with, while we're at it anyway. Good team-player is a pref!

The most memorable dream I've ever had, was when my family took me on a boat trip trough an underground river, and I ended up running away from the reincarnation of Jezus Christ. (talk about symbolic meaning, eh?)

My weirdest / scariest dream was a reoccuring dream I had when I was about 15-16 years old.
It involved me, riding a bicycle, on a specific road in my hometown, to then fall, backwards, off the bicycle, and wake up.
I was involved in a car crash when I was 16 on the same road I had the dream, and never had it again.

I hope this was interesting to read!

Offline Aelyn Frostwolf

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 10:58:13 PM »
Hello again Brisky :) And awesome, what leads you to want to do that? (I hope you achieve it!)

Same here tbh, it's only the odd one I remember too  ^_^ And any reason why you picked a 5-7?  XD 

I love forests too! I count myself lucky to be able to work in one :) What is it you like about forests?

And cool, and it was don't worry!  :D
-Notorious B.I.G

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 12:00:21 AM »

Albie that is an awesome dream, (well not awesome in like the shooting  XD ) But like the point with the adult and child perspective, so were child and adult you living simultaneously in the dream then?

Yes, we were.  I even dream in metaphors.  haha The girl was like my actual childhood and being a kid being killed by myself and hating myself for my own actions.  It was pretty fantastic.  ^-^
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 12:59:10 AM »
Did you have that dream often then fable? Do you feel it had any meaning or causes from the real world, like worried about something?

yup I had that dream quite a lot and it bothered me for a long time when i was a kid.
I really don't know what the meaning behind it could have been. I was so young that I really didn't have all that many issues at the time so *shrug* it always just seemed rather random.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 10:10:29 AM »
That's something I can get behind Brigand, but for me i'd have to have a [removed]  Where would this job be, if it could be anywhere?  And that's cool man

It could be anywhere to be honest. I could even live in the middle of nowhere like a hillbilly. [removed]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:10:35 PM by Cheza, Reason: Removed alcohol/drug reference - Please keep things PG-13 »

Offline Aelyn Frostwolf

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 10:24:02 AM »
Albie: Wow how does that work? The metaphor dreams I mean  :D Oh okay, why's that?  ^_^

Fable: Ah okay, well i'm glad you don't have it anymore then  ^_^ Tbh my dreams seem random and don't make any sense either  XD

Brigand: Ah okay, and tbh a cabin in the middle of nowhere would be great, it would be nice if I could have one person with me though, i'd get lonely  XD Oh no not [removed]! I meant Coca Cola  XD
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:10:54 PM by Cheza, Reason: Removed drug reference - Please keep things PG-13 »
-Notorious B.I.G