The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Capt. Crooktail's Log  (Read 952 times)

Offline Capt.Crooktail

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Looking to make new friends
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitty
  • Coloring: White-Grey color with black stripes
Capt. Crooktail's Log
« on: July 02, 2017, 06:33:47 AM »
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]This is a story written as a military journal log by Captain Crooktail.  Here is a bit of background for the world. There are different clans of cats who are all fighting in a huge war for control of the territory. Captain Crooktail is a Captain in the Blackmouth Clan's Army. This is his account of the war and the world.[/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText][/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText]Captain Crooktail's Log[/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText]Date: 1st of Frostfall[/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText][/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText]My squad has finally caught up with the Whitepaw Clan's army. They have set up their camp in a clearing of the forest just south of White Cliff. We have made a camp 2 klicks south of them on a small hill.  We have been following them for days now and we have reason to believe they are planning an attack on White Cliff.[/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText][/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText]To my knowledge we have not been discovered by the Whitepaws. The scouting mission has been a complete success so far. Private Crescent (Crest) did receive a minor injury from a sticker bush that hit him with a glancing blow to the side of his head. However he is patched up and combat ready. The others are eager to regroup and begin the fight. These kittens have never seen combat before, but they are a good bunch. They very promptly volunteered for this scouting mission. Other than a few discipline issues, they have been great scouts. I look forward to seeing what they can do when the fighting starts.  [/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText][/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText]We have sent a message to General Thorn, and he is bring up our army from the west. Tomorrow before the sun we will leave and re-group with General Thorn and the others. When we get back the general wants to meet with me and the other officers to discuss his plan of attack.[/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText][/font][/color][/font][/size]

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
Re: Capt. Crooktail's Log
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 06:39:40 AM »
This is clever.  I love journal style texts.  There is something so blunt and yet personal in a journal post to get the point across.

I also love that he refers to them as "kittens".  Made me laugh.

Would like to see more.  ^_^
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Capt.Crooktail

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 06:46:40 AM »
Thanks, it's a world I have had in my head for several years. This is just the first time I have put it into actual words. I was afraid how it would come across. I plan to write more to it. Maybe later this week I will have another part.

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 07:02:59 AM »
A journal is a great way to introduce your audience to your world and make it seem alive.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Capt.Crooktail

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 07:08:05 AM »
Yeah I felt it would be easier to write it like that. Instead of having to build up a world and every character. I just drop you in with the main kitty and let you see it through his eyes.