The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Can My PC Run The Unreal Engine 4?  (Read 983 times)

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
  • Build: Slender
Can My PC Run The Unreal Engine 4?
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:02:40 AM »
Hello, I was looking at a game called Inner Chains for PC and it uses the Unreal Engine 4. I usually use a site called Can You Run This but Inner Chains isn't in their database, I can run games like Outlats which uses the Unreal Engine 3.5. I have an HP Pavilion laptop with 8 gigs of RAM and an AMD A10 8700p Radeon R10 with 10 Compute Cores running Windows 10 (64 bit)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: Can My PC Run The Unreal Engine 4?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 04:43:45 AM »
The engine itself is somewhat irrelevant as it depends entirely on how the game implements it.

For the specific game you mention it appears that it may be just enough to run it so it should be fine, though there's a chance there may be a little bit of lag/stuttering depending on which screen resolution you run at. If your laptop screen is 1366x768 it should be fine but I can't promise it will.

If you buy it through Steam they have a pretty good refund policy so if it turns out it won't run well and you have played for less than 2 hours you can refund it just fine!

On another note though, having a quick look at the game I did notice the reviews on steam were pretty bad so you might want to consider that as well before purchasing the game.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
  • Build: Slender
Re: Can My PC Run The Unreal Engine 4?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:58:29 AM »
The engine itself is somewhat irrelevant as it depends entirely on how the game implements it.

For the specific game you mention it appears that it may be just enough to run it so it should be fine, though there's a chance there may be a little bit of lag/stuttering depending on which screen resolution you run at. If your laptop screen is 1366x768 it should be fine but I can't promise it will.

If you buy it through Steam they have a pretty good refund policy so if it turns out it won't run well and you have played for less than 2 hours you can refund it just fine!

On another note though, having a quick look at the game I did notice the reviews on steam were pretty bad so you might want to consider that as well before purchasing the game.

Thanks for your imput. On a whim I decided to get the game, I run my games at 1600X900 resolution but I'll try things to optimize it better. I buy my PC games on GOG.com because I like them much better (DRM free on all games plus the extra goodies). I do not like steam as they screwed me over too many times.