The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: An Empty World  (Read 2613 times)

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Opossum
  • Coloring: Just a normal looking opossum
  • Height: Roughly 5'9
  • Weight: 113 pounds
  • Build: Fairly lanky, but working to build muscle
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: In a limbo state between happy and depressed, very strange feeling
An Empty World
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:54:20 PM »
(For info, see the OOC thread: https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=36768.msg2053317#new)
All the characters that are needed at the moment have been collected. Please do not jump into the role-play unless the OOC forum states that I'm allowing more people to join.

Before we get into it, here's the order in which replies will go:
  • First: LeeMessesAround (that's me)
  • Second: max the snow wolf
  • Third: Lumix
  • Fourth: KeahiNimbusLeHyena
Know the order of replies is not based off of personal bias, don't be offended by the order in which I put you three in.
Just a few quick notes before we begin (I know I should've had these in the OOC thread, but I forgot and wanted everyone to see this).
You need to wait your turn to reply. The only reason why we can skip over somebody is if they're gone for two days or more and they didn't state that they were going to be offline for those days. This rule applies to me as well. You can tell the rest of the players to skip over you if need be, but, otherwise, please be respectful and wait your turn.
If you want to, you can have your character disappear. I suggest doing this later on when I allow everyone to have control of two characters, but it's up to you. If you plan on having your character disappear, and a second character isn't already set in place for you to control, please send me a private message so we can talk out the specifics.
If you want to exit the role-play, it's as simple as sending me a private message telling me you want out and we'll either kill your character off or you can just make them disappear. Easy as that...or you can just stop replying to the thread, but that's rude.

Anyway, let's get the ball rolling already ^^ max the snow wolf will be the first to reply to the starter, so please wait your turn:
Today is February 18, 2040 and Gregor is sitting, alone once more, in an abandoned newspaper office. Somehow, the loneliness intruded more now, perhaps he was made aware once more of what it was like to lose somebody, but it seemed to hurt more now than it had before. Old wounds that the disappearances had made were now opened up again and seemingly bleeding...all he wanted to do was sitting behind that counter in that office and let himself waste away. It was hardly even the loss of life that hurt him, he hated to admit to himself, but it was the loss of supplies. Weeks worth of food and water lost in a flash because he was too lazy to carry them himself. He cursed himself and buried his face in his paws, clenching his teeth to keep from crying like a baby. The tears that brimmed at the corners of his vision were more of the result of frustration rather than sadness, sure, he missed having somebody to talk to already and had enjoyed the company his brief friend had been, but, damn it, how could he just let those supplies go to waste like that? He should've been smarter. He wouldn't make this mistake again...he wouldn't make any mistakes ever again.
The air smelled of ink and rot; old newspapers lay on the floor and in holders for others to take...others who weren't there anymore. The air was cold and winter was still trekking on. A light snow was falling outside, beginning to cover the ground in a blanket of white. The snow leopard, Gregor, hardly felt the chill, not only because he was a snow leopard with a thick coat, but because he was just numb now. Numb to everything.
He hoped he would die soon.

(I hope this role-play goes well ;;u;; agh)
I'm not a very active user here, but feel free to message me, if you'd like. I'll happily exchange Discord, Skype, or DeviantArt with people who want to talk to me more.

Offline max snow

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: arctic wolf
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 5"7
  • Weight: 10stone
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Glad to be different
Re: An Empty World
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 11:39:40 PM »
Alone in the deserts max was slowly being driven mad by the lonelyness although the trap line could support him for food and the well was a reliable source of water the loss of his parents had slowly caused him to become but a shell of what he once was eventually he cracked he could not live like this anymore lighting the oil lamps day by day resetting the traps night by night it was all a cycle day in day out madness soon set in , he had to get out packing his rucksack with supplies for a week he began the walk accross the desert to the nearest town a town called san paulo in search for the cause of the disappearance. 

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:33:20 AM »
Lumix looked out over the desolate city from her apartment. As she started solemnly through the ice stained glass she couldn't help but wonder if, or more likely when, she'd disappear too, and where would she go ? Too many questions had been raised by all this, and nothing gave the answers.
After her flatmate had disappeared with the rest of them, the flat had been a graveyard. Days blurred into weeks, and weeks into months with no change at all. She still met a few people in her building every now and then, but it wasn't like before; she new it never would be again.
In a desperate attempt to remain sane and collected, she had begun running every morning through the streets. Routine is good, routine will help you stay focused she kept telling herself, and for the most part it was working. Walking from the window, she grabbed her coat and put it on along with her boots, and walked out the door.
She found her normal route had been blocked off by a truck which hadn't been there before. She was forced to take a side street, which led her towards a small newspaper shop...
[/URL]

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 01:26:02 AM »
(Sorry to be late!)
Keahi trudged around her home, aimless. Her friends were gone. Her family--gone. She missed them all... She remembered hating the bustle of the city, the loud people, cars... Now, she hated how quiet it was. She'd nearly run out of supplies, and would go raid a store or something sometime soon. After it was done snowing, of course. She had different coats sesonally, and hers was already thickening up. Despite this, she still had a distaste for cold weather. Running her fingers through her mane, she sat by her window, watching the snow fall. She used to do this with her little sister every winter... Keahi pushed the thought away, not allowing hersrlf to become emotional. She couldn't get them back. The end. Mind in the present, K.

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 04:28:59 AM »
(Sorry guys, got caught up in a conversation and whatnot, ahah. Sorry if I disappear for a few hours, it's pretty late where I am, so I'm gonna be going to bed after I post this.)

Gregor, although he didn't really want to move at all, wanted to get away from the smell of the newspaper office. It made him want to be sick. So, in order to get some fresh air, he stood up and walked outside, the cold air outside hitting him upon opening the front doors. He had to admit, although he still felt pretty bad, it was refreshing to stand outside and the winter air made him feel slightly better. It didn't change the fact that he would have to scavenge for more supplies later, but it made him feel a little more hopeful, on some level.
I'm not a very active user here, but feel free to message me, if you'd like. I'll happily exchange Discord, Skype, or DeviantArt with people who want to talk to me more.

Offline max snow

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 07:38:52 AM »
Upon arriving in the city of sal paulo max was in a dire state dehydrated and starving from the journey he walked through the barren streets the houses of salpaulo were small with holes in their plaster that show the conflict that had been eventually he found shelter for the night under a bridge the smell comming from the rotting sewage and shrubs was almost unbareble but there was nowhere else to stay soon after lying down under the bridge max passed out from the long journey that he had undertaken to reach the city.

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 11:16:49 AM »
As Lumix rounded the corner, she spotted someone coming outside a shop. Nervously, she slowed and cautiously approached the stranger.
"Hey, I don't think I've seen you before.. where do you come from ?" she asked. More snow fell as she spoke, covering the icy street in a fresh layer, washing away any other sign of life.

(sorry for briefness but I didn't know what else to do without godmodding x3)
[/URL]

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 04:53:33 PM »
Gahh, when will it stop!? She thought as she watched the snow fall in disdain. Maybe she could just wait until it let up?... Even if it stopped falling completely later on, she didn't want to trudge through the thick blanket of snow. It'd be deeper the longer she waited. . . As soon as it lets up a bit, I'll go. She mentally assured herself. Now, she'd be best just waiting. . .
((Forgive me for never posting long things! I'm just used to shorter ones!))

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 08:28:18 PM »
(It's perfectly fine to give shorter responses, so long as there's enough material to respond to ^^ I think the length of the responses so far is pretty alright, by my own standards)

Gregor jumped at the sudden appearance of another individual. He hadn't expected to see anyone else out and about, but he supposed it wasn't too out of the ordinary...
"Oh, I came from the town to the south...only arrived in this place yesterday." He said, giving the other person a slightly suspicious look. He was slow to trust the people in this place, considering what had happened but a few hours ago...his eyes warily searched the area for others. "I assume you live here?" He asked, preparing to run if anything should give him a reason to.

Offline max snow

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 08:51:22 PM »
*max woke up with a jolt and then realised he had just had a nightmare he looked around before getting up from under the dingy bridge that smelt of moss and stagnant water and then began to trudge down the empty streets in search of any other people but as far as he could see the town was completely deserted, after awhile of searching he came across one house that had a working tap and some food stocked in the cupboards* max: "finally something to eat and drink!" *max ran over and began to drink and eat until he was no longer starving and dehydrated, but as he did so he did not realise that there was someone or something watching his every move*

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 09:19:20 PM »
Lumix nodded, gesturing behind her. "A few roads back that way is my flat," she said, shivering in the cold. "Do you have anywhere to stay or anyone looking after you ? It's too cold to be out like this."
Looking around revealed no form of habitable shelter he could be safe in; no water or food of the sort either. With a sigh she gestured with her head, beckoning him to follow her. "If you've no one else why don't you come with me ?" she asked. After her flatmate had gone with the rest of them, she'd felt painfully alone, and having another person there would certainly help

[question to OP: I'm assuming electricity doesn't work anymore, unless the power plant people haven't vanished with the rest of them, or should we say renewables had progressed to a point so there are almost no fossil fuel stations, leaving us with pretty much unlimited power and almost no maintenance ?]
[/URL]

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 10:54:26 PM »
Lumix nodded, gesturing behind her. "A few roads back that way is my flat," she said, shivering in the cold. "Do you have anywhere to stay or anyone looking after you ? It's too cold to be out like this."
Looking around revealed no form of habitable shelter he could be safe in; no water or food of the sort either. With a sigh she gestured with her head, beckoning him to follow her. "If you've no one else why don't you come with me ?" she asked. After her flatmate had gone with the rest of them, she'd felt painfully alone, and having another person there would certainly help

[question to OP: I'm assuming electricity doesn't work anymore, unless the power plant people haven't vanished with the rest of them, or should we say renewables had progressed to a point so there are almost no fossil fuel stations, leaving us with pretty much unlimited power and almost no maintenance ?]

(OOC: Just responding to your question real quick, since it's a very good one. I would say that very few places have electricity at this current point in the story. The few places that do are either housed by people who own generators, are places that have implemented solar energy, or have emergency generators that have managed to last until this point in time. These places are usually controlled by small gangs of people who tend to be rather violent. Sorry, I should've mentioned this in the setting summary, but it completely slipped my mind)

• Dancing Dragon
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
(Was busy, sorry!)
Keahi puffed a long sigh. It didn't look like it would let up anytime soon. Trudging away from the window that was giving a display of the frigid weather, she grabbed a long coat from the rack, and slipped it over her hoodie. Flattening her mane and putting both the hood of the hoodie and the coat's hood on, she decided it was time to go.
As soon as she walked out the door, she wanted to go back in. It was a bit cold for her still-growing-in winter fur, but the coat helped.
(Gangs. May cause drama, for the plot...)

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 05:24:02 PM »
(Yea, I feel like it'll help keep things interesting and whatnot, ahah)

He raised an eyebrow at her, her eagerness to have him go with her to her flat was strange. He was about to outright tell her to leave him alone, feeling the whole thing was an elaborate set up, but paused. The idea of a more stable shelter and potential food was too good to pass up, especially considering his current situation.
"Okay..." He said hesitantly, hoping he was making a good decision. "Lead the way."

Offline max snow

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »
continuing to walk through the abandoned desolate streets until spotting a police car that was parked without its driver everything seemed as though the driver was still there upon opening the car max spotted a small radio max: "maybe i can contact others if there are any others left" *picking up the handset and holding down the button hopefully* max: "hello? hello is anyone out there over?" *he sat down in the cop car which was the most comfortable thing he had sat in or on in a week, he waited for a reply repeating the message over the air waves hoping someone was out there*