The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Random video game rant/survey  (Read 763 times)

Offline Moonraiser

• The Nightwalker
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black fur
  • Height: 6 Feet
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: lean
Random video game rant/survey
« on: June 01, 2017, 06:17:56 AM »
So sorry this is the third time I'm writing this since the editor keeps messing up. Hopefully it works this time?

I wanted to do a quick survey/rant on video game communities and how it seems that they have become much less mature than they used to be? For example,  go back ten years ago and I can remember starting many a conversation with random people in say call of duty 2, and these random people  would usually respond in a fairly positive manner. Now adays, not only does public chatter with people you dont know seem to be taboo, in games like call of duty or even titanfall, but the response is often times negative. I could be a little biased, so what are your guys' opinions? Thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:39:32 AM by moonraiser »

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
Re: Random video game rant/survey
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:58:16 PM »
I usually use the chat if I get a message from a player or group I deem as important (e.g. a team chat or a guild chat). In most other cases I ignore the chat unless somebody wants to know something or needs help with something.

Offline uhh

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • I can't believe it's butter.
    • MSPARP Boards
    • Awards
  • Species: Kiwi.
  • Coloring: All white minus the eyes which are mustard-colored.
  • Height: 6'2.
  • Weight: Like a flippin' ton.
  • Build: Chubby, fluffy.
  • Currently: I like hotdogs.
Re: Random video game rant/survey
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 03:23:00 AM »
I agree with you somewhat. I have noticed that the maturity level of gamers (some gamers /communities anyway) has been decreasing in later years and younger and younger audiences seem to be able to get on to them. I think the whole reason behind the immaturity of the Call of Duty community is the fact that so many little kids are on, and it's no secret that they don't express emotions very well.

And why is talking with people on the internet so taboo now? I mean, if you're chatting sexually with a stranger I understand but most people just talk to talk, it's not always sexual. Eh. Society.

roses are red landwwellers are gross wwhy did you leave me fef what did i do?