Author Topic: I don't even know what to **censor** do anymore!  (Read 1612 times)

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
I don't even know what to **censor** do anymore!
« on: May 13, 2017, 04:39:38 PM »
No matter how many times I try to ask people to help me feel better about life and my own species, people insist on making me feel worse! Every day, I just feel more and more miserable! I'm at the point where I don't even know what to do anymore, that I feel trapped and doomed to feel miserable for my entire life since no one wants me to see the good in life. People just want to defend the worst aspects of life. I beg for help, but people only want to make me feel more miserable. I'm at the point where I feel like I might even need some serious help just to get through life with a smile on my face.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:50:01 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
Re: I don't even know what to **censor** do anymore!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 06:09:05 PM »
You should rely less on what others think and take time off to search and find out what you truly think. 
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Captain Degenerate

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • NO UGLY ALLWD RUN CUSTOMER AWAY
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: A something
  • Coloring: Its got color but I dont have the skill to color it!
  • Height: 5:5.235647834233536684
  • Weight: 120 pounds
  • Build: Skinny?
  • Currently: Addicted to the booty.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 01:29:13 PM »
I wouldn't help you either to be honest.

I hope my big gay butt doesn't get any bigger or gayer!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 07:25:06 AM »
Well Benny to be perfectly honest, the only one who can help you is you. If you don't like the way things are right now, then do something to change it that will set you up for a better situation that should be your goal.

If you sit around doing the same thing everyday and expect someone else to encourage you, you will find yourself disappointed over and over again. You cannot live life depending on others for anything because you need to be the change you want to see. It might sound cliche but its the truth of the matter. You are your own worst enemy, and everyday nothing changes is another day of listening to a small voice in the back of your head telling you not to or that you can't. That voice is nothing but fear, insecurity, and self doubt that eats away at every little goal or accomplishment you chase after telling you you're not good enough or that you don't know how to get to it. No one else is going to make that voice go away or prove it wrong, only you can.

So what are you waiting for? Go out there and take what you want from life. No more sitting and waiting bud. Try something you've always wanted to try, meet people you've never met, do things out of the ordinary. If you want to be happy, obviously what you're doing isn't accomplishing that. The ball is in your court. What you do with it depends entirely on you.

Offline flurry

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: lemurdog
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 09:38:34 AM »
Yea as others have said it is important to take your own action and especially if it making it worse for you.
Sure people can help talk to you and reassure you but you can't just force your own issues on others.

Maybe reading self help guides may help but in the end for many I 've heard this can become a negative cycle.
Keep in mind somethings you can't change, its good to question what is the thing you are genuinally upset about or if it is something else you feel that upsets you and how you came to feel like that in the first place. Perhaps it was other people who caused it for you in the first place in which case its even more important you take your own stand.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 05:52:33 PM »
Well Benny to be perfectly honest, the only one who can help you is you. If you don't like the way things are right now, then do something to change it that will set you up for a better situation that should be your goal.

If you sit around doing the same thing everyday and expect someone else to encourage you, you will find yourself disappointed over and over again. You cannot live life depending on others for anything because you need to be the change you want to see. It might sound cliche but its the truth of the matter. You are your own worst enemy, and everyday nothing changes is another day of listening to a small voice in the back of your head telling you not to or that you can't. That voice is nothing but fear, insecurity, and self doubt that eats away at every little goal or accomplishment you chase after telling you you're not good enough or that you don't know how to get to it. No one else is going to make that voice go away or prove it wrong, only you can.

So what are you waiting for? Go out there and take what you want from life. No more sitting and waiting bud. Try something you've always wanted to try, meet people you've never met, do things out of the ordinary. If you want to be happy, obviously what you're doing isn't accomplishing that. The ball is in your court. What you do with it depends entirely on you.

As cute as this message is, there's actually some falseness to it as well. It's easy to say "you're only limited by yourself," but you're also limited by where you can go, whether people will listen to you, as well as other things. My parents refuse to let me get a car, so I'm basically limited to working at home, and I try to teach people things, but they refuse to listen.

Not to mention, how many times do other people get the story THEY want? Everyone who wants "humans are the absolute good" type stories gets them handed to them on a silver platter on a regular basis, so why is it fair that everyone else gets what they want, but I have to put excessive, strenuous work into something to get what I want? I'm actually tempted to draw up my own fatfur action comic (mostly because I'm a bit insulted by Reagan's comics, and want to make one where fatfurs are actually goodguys instead of villains to skinny ***holes every ****ing comic I write) but at the same time, I'm also limited by time, as I don't have a lot of it on days I have to work. And while it partains to what you said, who am I even kidding, I'm eventually going to get bored with it.

Another problem is that, yes, I want to make characters I like, but as well I want to make characters other people like as well. You cannot force people to like characters you like.

So you can say "You're only limited by yourself" but unfortunately that isn't true.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:54:13 PM by BennyBunnycorn »

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 06:05:06 PM »
I can't speak for Armalite_, but if I may take a gander, and it's something I think and feel as well:

I agree you aren't just limited by yourself, there are indeed many other key factors that may limit you. However, the biggest limitation is yourself. It's not the only one, but it is the main limitation stopping you from doing things, anything. You even said it yourself. Even if you would start with such a comic 'who are you kidding, you'd only get bored'. I don't mean to be mean, so apologies if I come across as such, but what I want to say is: You're already setting yourself up for failure with such thoughts and feelings.
Of course you wont'accomplish anything like that.

You can't force others to like what you like, nor force them to listen to you or accept you. But you can do things you want to do. You can only hope people like what you like or listen to you, but it shouldn't stop you from doing things you want to do.
You're most likely going to be listened to and accepted if you stopped complaining and start and finish doing things, which is the biggest obstacle to overcome for a lot of people.

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 06:31:59 PM »

As cute as this message is, there's actually some falseness to it as well. It's easy to say "you're only limited by yourself," but you're also limited by where you can go, whether people will listen to you, as well as other things. My parents refuse to let me get a car, so I'm basically limited to working at home, and I try to teach people things, but they refuse to listen.

Not to mention, how many times do other people get the story THEY want? Everyone who wants "humans are the absolute good" type stories gets them handed to them on a silver platter on a regular basis, so why is it fair that everyone else gets what they want, but I have to put excessive, strenuous work into something to get what I want? I'm actually tempted to draw up my own fatfur action comic (mostly because I'm a bit insulted by Reagan's comics, and want to make one where fatfurs are actually goodguys instead of villains to skinny ***holes every ****ing comic I write) but at the same time, I'm also limited by time, as I don't have a lot of it on days I have to work. And while it partains to what you said, who am I even kidding, I'm eventually going to get bored with it.

Another problem is that, yes, I want to make characters I like, but as well I want to make characters other people like as well. You cannot force people to like characters you like.

So you can say "You're only limited by yourself" but unfortunately that isn't true.

Did you ever consider why people don't like you?

It's because [content removed] who openly says all people and the entire human race are terrible.

Excuse my bluntness but you can only help yourself at this point.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:58:25 PM by Ventus Fall, Reason: Please do not disrespect another user. »

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 09:34:21 PM »
I can't speak for Armalite_, but if I may take a gander, and it's something I think and feel as well:

I agree you aren't just limited by yourself, there are indeed many other key factors that may limit you. However, the biggest limitation is yourself. It's not the only one, but it is the main limitation stopping you from doing things, anything. You even said it yourself. Even if you would start with such a comic 'who are you kidding, you'd only get bored'. I don't mean to be mean, so apologies if I come across as such, but what I want to say is: You're already setting yourself up for failure with such thoughts and feelings.

You can't force others to like what you like, nor force them to listen to you or accept you. But you can do things you want to do. You can only hope people like what you like or listen to you, but it shouldn't stop you from doing things you want to do.
You're most likely going to be listened to and accepted if you stopped complaining and start and finish doing things, which is the biggest obstacle to overcome for a lot of people.

^^ This.

I understand everyone's story is completely different, but that doesn't mean they all have the same ending. If you're going to rely on the permission of your parents then that's your choice. Half of everything that got me where I am today was by making my own choices regardless of what other's said I "could" do. I am a firm believer that what one can and cannot do is up to their own personal limitations, not your parents, peers, or insecurities. If you are living life at the mercy of what other's tell you, you will end up a shell of a person who only wanted to freely express themselves but didn't because you didn't try.

If you're going to have a poor outlook on a challenge, expect a poor result upon attempting it. With that, I hope you find some inspiration and freedom. There is only so much strangers on the internet can help with.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • Meep!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 11:59:30 PM »

^^ This.

I understand everyone's story is completely different, but that doesn't mean they all have the same ending. If you're going to rely on the permission of your parents then that's your choice. Half of everything that got me where I am today was by making my own choices regardless of what other's said I "could" do. I am a firm believer that what one can and cannot do is up to their own personal limitations, not your parents, peers, or insecurities. If you are living life at the mercy of what other's tell you, you will end up a shell of a person who only wanted to freely express themselves but didn't because you didn't try.

If you're going to have a poor outlook on a challenge, expect a poor result upon attempting it. With that, I hope you find some inspiration and freedom. There is only so much strangers on the internet can help with.

I'm trying to get myself out there, and I'm still contemplating on that comic. In addition, I also wrote a whole book involving my main OC, Benny the Giant Rat. It's mostly complete, but I've not gotten around to adding finishing touches to it, and it over-went a major overhaul at one point because I wasn't happy with it, and I think it still might need work before I'm ready to publish it, but it's probably one of the few things I've worked on and worked on to a very long point (years, actually), and still work on to this day sometimes.

Did you ever consider why people don't like you?

It's because [content removed] who openly says all people and the entire human race are terrible.

Excuse my bluntness but you can only help yourself at this point.

Misanthropic people dislike humans for good reasons. Just saying that before reminding you this isn't the topic to complain because someone doesn't think humans are these perfect little angels that some people do.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:55:40 AM by BennyBunnycorn »

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 07:05:09 PM »
[Content removed]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:32:13 PM by Ventus Fall, Reason: Please do not disrespect another member nor continue going off-topic. »

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »
Please stay on topic and do not start or continue drama.

As for my response:
I'm trying to get myself out there, and I'm still contemplating on that comic. In addition, I also wrote a whole book involving my main OC, Benny the Giant Rat. It's mostly complete, but I've not gotten around to adding finishing touches to it, and it over-went a major overhaul at one point because I wasn't happy with it, and I think it still might need work before I'm ready to publish it, but it's probably one of the few things I've worked on and worked on to a very long point (years, actually), and still work on to this day sometimes.

I just want to point out that sounds pretty impressive :)
I would suggest you'd start looking into publishing it. I've written and rewritten a story myself and never got it published. Publishing it now after so long... NOPE! If I had done it at the time I would feel accomplished in that field, but if I'd do it now I would feel somewhat embarrassed. It is a 10+ year old story. At the time it was good, but nowadays... Grammar and story-building is different than how I do it now.

Anyways, the difference between successful authors and unsuccessful authors is mainly that successful authors get their work published. (Not the only reason, but one of the main reasons.)
As I was told then as well: You can keep writing and rewriting your story all you want, but you have to draw the line for yourself at some point and publish it (especially if that's your goal).
If it's a flop? Keep trying.
If it's a success? Awesome!

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • Meep!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 10:41:54 PM »
Please stay on topic and do not start or continue drama.

As for my response:

I just want to point out that sounds pretty impressive :)
I would suggest you'd start looking into publishing it. I've written and rewritten a story myself and never got it published. Publishing it now after so long... NOPE! If I had done it at the time I would feel accomplished in that field, but if I'd do it now I would feel somewhat embarrassed. It is a 10+ year old story. At the time it was good, but nowadays... Grammar and story-building is different than how I do it now.

Anyways, the difference between successful authors and unsuccessful authors is mainly that successful authors get their work published. (Not the only reason, but one of the main reasons.)
As I was told then as well: You can keep writing and rewriting your story all you want, but you have to draw the line for yourself at some point and publish it (especially if that's your goal).
If it's a flop? Keep trying.
If it's a success? Awesome!

I'm still contemplating on things. There's this one scene where Benny Bunnycorn tried to take a shower, but Benny Jackdaw doesn't have opposable thumbs, making the scene harder to take seriously. I need to go through my story and look through the scenes and decide "can a creature without thumbs do this?"

As for the comic, I already mapped a little bit of it out...
Spoiler for Hidden:
*Shows an Earthly Planet* Menagerie: Home to thousands of different animal races, each with their different kingdoms.
*Shows Animals working in a Field* To say the world is peaceful would be a lie.There's crime and power and magic, plus those who abuse it.
*Shows working animal looking into the distant range* But in the end, the world got by. Many of its hardships, eventually, were solved.
*Shows a large city with sprawling bushes, with a range in the foreground* But arguably, the ones who had it the hardest were the denizens of a city called Splendid.
*Shows large cloaked creatures in front of fruit trees.* Giant creatures lived here, and were ever growing.
*Shows a close up of the fruit and a large cloaked creature looking up from below* Their local specialty: a massive fruit grown only here...
*Shows a clawed paw reach out for the fruit* ...gave these creatures strength and longevity.
*Shows a fox pulling his hood back with one paw, fruit in the other* And though their fruit was available to all...
*Shows the foxes robes opening up*
*Shows an obsurdly fat fox with his robe opened* ...Many creatures avoided this fruit, knowing the form it caused.
*Shows the fruit alone* This fruit was impressively high in many key vitamins and minerals, but its natural sugar was incredibly high.
*Shows an obsurdly fat parrot happily offering a dog one of these fruits at a market stall, the dog looks fearful at the fruit* Those who ate the fruit for too long would eventually become very large, a trait most found undesirable.
*Shows a fat elephant and a fat mouse eating the fruit together in a bar scene* But the citiczens of Splendid embraced this trait, for they admired the secret behind the fruit.
*Shows a Splendid Bear walking along a path, minding his own business with a mugger looking at him behind the bushes*
*Shows the Mugger jumping in front of the bear.*
*Shows the Mugger's arm thrusting his knife out*
*Shows the Splendid Bear looking down on the Mugger with a confident smile as the Mugger looks up at him nervously, the knife stuck in the bear's belly, but there's no blood.* The fruit had given its consumers impressive strength and tough, impenetrable bellies.
*Shows a Splendid Octopus and a Splendid Squirrel examining the fruit in a lab* The citiczens of Splendid had spent their life studying the fruit, unlocking it's fullest secrets.
*Shows a Splendid Tiger fighting a normal Gazelle, sending an impressive kick at the Gazelle who dodges it barely and nervously* Some had even found ways around the weight issue, harboring surprising athleticism and Speed.
*Shows a Splendid Toad and a normal Frog getting ready for a race, smiling at each other at a starting line*
*Shows the Toad and Frog crouching down*
*Shows the Frog outspeeding the Toad* Of course, consumers of the fruit could never hope to be as quick as the greatest athletes of Menagerie.
*Shows Splendid Bunny on a treadmill* But with the power of the fruit, they could run faster than you'd think them capable of.
*Shows an old Splendid turtle and his kids eating the fruit* Even so, they could also live longer.
*Shows a mountain-side temple* But with the growing number of Splendid Citiczens, Menagerie couldn't support them for long.
*Shows giant cloaked figures walking up stairs, the largest one in the center clearly a walrus* So a search was set out to find a new place they could call home.
*Shows inside the temple as well as the cloaked figures, there's a pedastle with an orb* One day, they had found their answer.
*Shows the dark, swirling orb* On Menagerie existed an orb that housed a powerful creature.
*Shows the largest figure picking up the orb*
*Shows the orb shattering in the large figures hands* A creature that would challenge its summoner, and those in the temple at the time...
*Shows a lanky black creature with long nails and a long black horn*
*Shows the largest cloaked figure holding onto the opening of his robe* ...to a battle to the death...
*Shows the robe in the air*
*Shows a collossal Splendid Walrus staring down confidently at the dark creature* ...for a single wish.
*Shows a close-up of the Walrus's face* Rohal, one of the strongest warriors in Splendid, challenged this creature...
*Shows the black creature jumping at Rohal* ...for the ultimate wish...
*Shows Rohal punching the dark creature in midair*
*Shows dark creature hitting the floor*
*Shows dark creature under Rohal's shadow*
*Shows Rohal preforming a crushing axe-handle onto the creature* ...and proved victorious.
*Shows the top half of Rohal and magic swirling around the Rohal's fin* With his wish secured, he spoke out his true desires.
*Shows Rohal looking down at his hand* Rohal Says: I wish for a new world for the citiczens of Splendid. One where we can live in peace without burdening other creatures, but one where we can communicate with them as well.
*Shows a front shot of the Rohal's head* "I wish for a new world, connected by a teather to this, that we can have to our own, but not be isolated.
*Shows Menagerie with a large glowing orb next to it.*
*Shows a gigantic planet next to Menagerie* And that created the birth of Splendid, the sister planet to Menagerie.

Trying to give the fatfurs a bit of lore, but trying not to make them too overpowered, like they can do things fatfurs usually shouldn't be able to do, but not to the point they can out preform skinny characters in those areas.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:44:50 PM by BennyJackdaw »

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • Meep!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 01:12:26 AM »
I'm starting to feel like Hat In Time is going to be the ultimate FU to furries who've been dying for a really good anthro game, especially after Yooka-Laylee failed to live up to expectations. Not only is the main character human, but from what I'm seeing, the main villains... are ANTHROS! No, just no, I hate this game already if this is going to be true.