The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Yahoo Messenger text  (Read 915 times)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Yahoo Messenger text
« on: May 23, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »
I've noticed that, if a user has Yahoo Instant Messenger listed, it displays weirdly instead of simply showing the icon like it used to. The screenshots are taken in Firefox and it's seemingly not visible at all in Chrome.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Re: Yahoo Messenger text
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:07:46 AM »
This should now be fixed. Yahoo removed their images, I've switched them to use local images but may have missed some spots. Let me know if you see any in other places.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 07:32:07 PM »
Confirmed working now!

The only thing I noticed was that it's seemingly separated from the other related icons in posts (see attachment).

Another semi-related thing is that the four older fields for IM (ICQ, AIM, MSN and YIM) are sepatated in the profile settings from all the other fields (Skype, Steam, FA, DA, fursona info, etc.)

And also on that note, might also question if there's any point in keeping MSN in there, seeing how the service has been turned off since quite far back as it was more or less replaced by Skype.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 07:53:50 PM »
The ICQ, AIM, MSN and YIM have always been on a seperate row on the profile information that is shown at posts, right under the row of Skype, Steam, FA and DA links (as seen in the first attachment of your last post). I think that is intentional. I don't know why the IM fields are placed avove the signature area and the rest of it below when you update your profile though.