The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A hug in the forest (short story)  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Mousey

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
A hug in the forest (short story)
« on: April 30, 2017, 11:46:41 PM »
"Look at that! Up in the fir, do you see it!? " he excitedly says with a grin, pointing a finger at the green tree.

He touches his friend's white furry shoulder behind him, a bit darker than usual since it's wet from the green forest leaves and grass being pulled along it. It hadn't been long ago since it rained, maybe an hour or two. The ride here had been cozy being together like this, especially along the bumpy, earthy roads while hearing the car's window shatter raindrops. He liked being out like this with Noelle, they had been friends since some months back and pretty tight after only the first day of class. Meeting him had made school especially bearable.
   Noelle responds with a hearty laugh;

" Haha yeah, that's a cute squirrel. I bet you'd take a great picture of it"
 " Yeah right, I'm not even close to being a professional. We're only in the first year! "
 " And already it's difficult to know which photographs are from a professional, or you"
 " Thanks for the false hope, I'm anything but professional. My pictures are special, but not in a good way"
 "Well in that case, it's a taste I'm more than happy to acquire" Noelle says with a kind smirk.

They continue walking while absorbing the forest's calm atmosphere. Noelle keeps behind him, as usual. For some reason he usually keeps bit behind.

First day in school, he had been so nervous to greet him, barely able to utter his own name; Jeyz.. Jez - ..Jess. A sweaty paw isn't the best first impressions, but somehow it worked. He'd never been friends with a feline before, and he didn't mind it either. They usually took a little time to do stuff something every week, after being done with studying for the day - which they usually did together. 

"Can we sit down a little bit, if that's okay" asks Noelle and points at a fairly dry and comfortable looking rock.

They sit down, with Jess sitting with both paws on the rock and his friend a bit on the edge, hands in the lap. Multiple birds sing to the smell of the living forest. Flowers, grass, trees, and everything in between makes it an incredible sensation with the kind of powerful nose Jess has. The thoughs wander to why it feels like the air is a bit tense between them. Almost as if there's something they need to talk about, but why would he be angry? The thoughts are interrupted by the feel of something chilly and shaky on top of his paw. He looks down to see Noelle's paw on his, wet and cold. Noelle apologises and gives a shy smile.

"Sorry, I'm just so cold"

Jess removes his hand and puts both arms around his fiend.

"Then you need a warm hug"

As they hug, Jess feels Noelle pawing a bit in his fur, his lungs breathing in and out. It feels like minutes, some of the best minutes in his life. There's just them - no one and nothing else. But they still need to talk about what's wrong;

" I've just had this small feeling that you're mad at me... "

Noelle answers with a bit shaky voice:

" I... Wanted to tell you something"

They stop hugging and look at each other. Jess with his kind grey and Noelle with those big turquoise eyes. They don't talk for almost a minute, just waiting. Then Noelle takes a deep breath

" I just wanted to ask you... I just feel this way and...
Do you want to be my boyfriend? "

End

Just trying to share my imagination, I hope my writing portrayed it at least somewhat well :).

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
Re: A hug in the forest (short story)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 03:35:29 AM »
This is so cute.  It was a pleasure to read.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Mousey

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
Re: A hug in the forest (short story)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 08:40:41 AM »
This is so cute.  It was a pleasure to read.
Naw thank you :), glad you liked it