The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: One of these smart phone thingies  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
One of these smart phone thingies
« on: February 15, 2017, 03:49:07 PM »
I was on Craiglist and happened to see a couple iPhones that caught my eye. Didn't even know I was in the market for a smart phone  X3 But anyway, at the same price and memory, would you suggest an iPhone 5 or 5C? Also, I'd need to find a plan. I rarely call anyone, it'd be more so I have access to WiFi in my pocket, but a little bit of non WiFi browsing (I think it's called data?) would be nice. Anyone suggest a carrier/plan?

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
Re: One of these smart phone thingies
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 03:52:28 PM »
My only suggestion is that you keep away from AT&T. Their rates suck and you end up stuck in a contract more than half the time. I've heard T-mobile is the best carrier out there though.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 04:32:08 PM »
So I'm not from the US, but even I heard horrible things from AT&T XD
And no idea T-Mobile was in the US too! I'm with T-Mobile myself and they've been providing me with the service I am paying for, so that's good.

Otherwise no idea, wish I could help more.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 04:49:27 PM »
Hey, I appreciate any help I can get. Although now I realize when I tried to make the title humorous I made it sound like I'm some really old guy  XP

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
Do yourself a favour and get an android pal ;) I have a Motorola Moto G3 which has never let me down (albeit being a bit slow, just get the 2gb RAM model) or a Samsung galaxy s3 or 4, I've heard very good things about them from friends

When we lived in America my parents used Sprint which they recommend (I was too young to have a phone then so I can't personally say) but yeah
[/URL]

Offline Alex Stralous

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Wolf
  • Coloring: Mostly black fur with varying shades
  • Height: Six feet
  • Weight: 160lbs
  • Build: Slender yet strong
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 01:20:15 AM »
I just upped on a google pixel XL which will be arriving next week so I can't wait to try that out.

I kind of wish I had waited on samsung's new S8. Has anyone seen the previous for that? It looks so cool, especially that they incorporated the bezel-less design of the xiaomi mi mix.

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 06:46:55 PM »
Hello Rocco Rex, I would suggest to not buy anything from Craigslist due to a lot of  scary things such as:

Scammers: Some people lie to you just to rob you (literately, they will steal your money) there has been videos of people holding "customers" at gun point to rob them plus other scary things;here's some video results on those subjects: [content removed]  just take a look, the results of the videos are real

I would suggest to but from either an real online retailer such as: Amazon.com, Walmart.com, bestbuy.com, ECT or going to a physical retail store. I would also not use eBay due to scary things that happen there too although the severity of scary things are significantly lower on eBay than they are on Craigslist I still wouldn't use either of those sites.

I suggest that if you must use either Craigslist or eBay use extreme caution and do extensive research on the seller, the location, the item or items being sold, and the price of the item or items. I'm not trying to scare you in anyway I'm just trying to give you some importation information of the dangers of those sites, whatever you do, do be careful.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:37:03 AM by Ventus Fall, Reason: Removed link as thumbnails on the first page were experienced as highly disturbing. »

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 07:04:21 PM »
I appreciate your concern. However, I have used Craigslist dozens of times safely in the past. For a while, it was my only means of income. I'm quite well versed in spotting scams, and always meet inside a fast food restaurant, never in the parking lot.
Buying online is...complicated due to my home situation. Plus, Craigslist has deals no where else can beat.

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 07:19:26 PM »
I appreciate your concern. However, I have used Craigslist dozens of times safely in the past. For a while, it was my only means of income. I'm quite well versed in spotting scams, and always meet inside a fast food restaurant, never in the parking lot.
Buying online is...complicated due to my home situation. Plus, Craigslist has deals no where else can beat.

I understand, stay safe

Offline Salakar Crocoli

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Coloring: Pale Gold-ish, with some grey patches
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
Verizon is reliable, but can cost more than other nertworks. Sprint isn't as reliable and will usually have slower speeds, but are much cheaper than Verizon from what I can tell. AT&T seems kinda flaky to me. My grandma uses it but doesn't get near as much area coverage as Verizon or even Sprint. I've never been on  or known anyone on T-Mobile. And the worst of any of them is definitely US Cellular. They are expensive to start off with (about the same prices as verizon when I was on it) and don't have nearly as good of coverage.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm done with this thing. I don't know what to put here.