The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Another question about fidget spinners  (Read 864 times)

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Alien God
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
  • Height: 7'0
  • Weight: 400 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular, wide and bulky frame with large shoulders.
  • Currently: Loading, please wait.............
Another question about fidget spinners
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:48:38 AM »
Hey guys, Issac\Darwin here, hope you guys are having a great day, I have a little question about fidget spinners.

Fidget spinners are handheld fidget toys in which you spin for fun, it's great for people who have ADHD, ADD, autism, aspergers, people with restless hands, releasing nervous or anxious energy, or if you just want to occupy one of your hands for fun.

Every once in a while I lubricate my spinners with WD-40, they will either get rusty or I just want them to spin smoother, everyone says that it will damage the bearing, but I've done it several times on my spinner before, and it's only made it better.

What I do is I put the spinner on the paper plate, remove both caps, and apply WD-40 to both sides of the center bearing, then I spin it once or twice to get the WD-40 all over the bearing, and then I let it sit for 5-10 minutes, and then spin it for a while.

If this eventually doesn't work, what methods do you guys use to clean or enhance your fidget spinners? Please respond ASAP, thanks!
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Salakar Crocoli

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Coloring: Pale Gold-ish, with some grey patches
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Slim
Re: Another question about fidget spinners
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 06:46:21 AM »
I don't own any fidget spinners, but you could check out Militec-1. It's a synthetic weapons lubricant and it can help prevent corrosion. Benchmade reccomends using it to keep balisongs rotating, so I assume it would work with bearings too.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm done with this thing. I don't know what to put here.

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Alien God
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
  • Height: 7'0
  • Weight: 400 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular, wide and bulky frame with large shoulders.
  • Currently: Loading, please wait.............
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 05:35:30 PM »
Hey guys, I got of my fidget spinners today, and I tested it's spin time, and I got 2 minutes and 50 seconds, which is pretty good since the average time for most spinners is 2 minutes.

But sometimes I spin it very fast and test its spin time again to see if it can go any longer, and the spin time is going down actually, by a few seconds every time.

This spinner is brand new, I didn't lubricate it, grease it, the bearing isnt rusty at all, and it's in perfect condition.

It's a plastic spinner, and the brand is Giggle Hands, does anyone know why it's spin time is gradually going down every time I spin it very fast? It's a very good spinner and I want it to stay that way.
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Salakar Crocoli

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Coloring: Pale Gold-ish, with some grey patches
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 150
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »
It's important to remember that fidget spinners are essentially simple machines and their performance out of the box will not necessarily be representative of their performance after "breaking in". I assume many factors could affect this, but this is my take on it given that they are mechanical.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm done with this thing. I don't know what to put here.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 07:13:49 PM »
I wonder if you can replace the bearing?
There are lots of great skateboard bearings that I know work amazing.
However though, it could be that you need to break them in, or that you've gotten dust/moisture in there.
Good news is that there are lots of tutorials on cleaning bearings and all you need is so soak the bearing in pure alcohol or acetone (i think) and then get yourself some skateboard bearing oil.
WD-40 is not the right stuff to be using at all.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Freddy

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Led Zeppelin for Congress
    • Awards
  • Species: Border Collie Mutt
  • Coloring: Cream, Chocolate, Lavender(s), Orange(s)
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 110 lbs
  • Build: Proportional, Slim, Larger legs
  • Currently: Zoinked as hell
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »
my mother one time put lube in my fidget spinner [removed], but it actually worked half decently until it got hot and I washed it out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:55:07 PM by MrRazot, Reason: Please do not talk about alcohol abuse outside adult boards »