The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm so confused..  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Kara

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "That's what's up."
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Coywolfdog
  • Coloring: Shades of gray with other colors mixed in
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 195lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Wheeeee
I'm so confused..
« on: April 10, 2017, 03:09:02 PM »
Pretty much my entire life I've felt wolf-like, for 6 years now, but I still feel like I haven't awakened?
I don't believe in past lives, and am more mentally connected to a wolf than physically or spiritually.
I'm fairly sure I'm an otherkin since when surprised it's natural for me to 'yip' like a wolf does. (That surprised kinda high-pitch bark?)
I'm new to this community so It would be nice to explain what's going on.
Also, is it possible to see what your phantom limbs look like? Because for some reason I feel they're brown?
Is it possible to see what I look like as a wolf?
Is this even how it works??
I feel entirely wolf sometimes, but I feel that I have four wings?
Somebody please clear this up for me?

EDIT: I shut my eyes for one second and I saw this brown wolf with yellow eyes. Then before I opened I felt like I was that wolf. The paws, tail, snout, ears, fangs etc. Did I awaken? After that I could feel my ears better, and my birds reacted to my wings stretching. Is this normal? Also I feel a halo...

EDIT 2: I'm positive i'm a Winged Wolf Theriotype! But an explanation for the four wings would be nice... Also I opened a steam group for us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/OtherkinandTherians It's for otherkin and therians to mingle and play, we can speak on there if we aren't active on tff.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:02:02 PM by Ventus Fall, Reason: Fixed tiny text for you :) »
Welcome, Child, To the wishing well. You ask for heaven, we give you hell.

---
I do commissions on dA! throw a PM at me if you're interested!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
Re: I'm so confused..
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:57:05 PM »
You know, you don't have to believe in past lives to be a therian/otherkin. I don't believe in past lives either, the feline inside is just a part of me. I'm a Christian, and I believe God created me that way for whatever reason.

Though literally 'seeing' your phantom limbs is very rare, many therians do seem to know what colour their fur is. I don't know how. Maybe they can feel it, maybe they've seen it in an other way, I don't know. As for the wings, I have heard of winged wolves as theriotype. I don't know what's up with four wings or the halo though. Those two things sound strange for me, and I don't know what to make of it.

As for the birds reacting to your wings, I have heard of animals reacting to phantom shifts. It could be an coincidence too. I'd check if it happens very often, the more often it happens the less likely it is to be a coincidence. As for 'awakenings', it's often meant to be the discovery of your animal-side in some way. I don't exactly know how though.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, but I hope the information I do have at least helps you a little bit.

Offline Kara

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "That's what's up."
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »
You know, you don't have to believe in past lives to be a therian/otherkin. I don't believe in past lives either, the feline inside is just a part of me. I'm a Christian, and I believe God created me that way for whatever reason.

Though literally 'seeing' your phantom limbs is very rare, many therians do seem to know what colour their fur is. I don't know how. Maybe they can feel it, maybe they've seen it in an other way, I don't know. As for the wings, I have heard of winged wolves as theriotype. I don't know what's up with four wings or the halo though. Those two things sound strange for me, and I don't know what to make of it.

As for the birds reacting to your wings, I have heard of animals reacting to phantom shifts. It could be an coincidence too. I'd check if it happens very often, the more often it happens the less likely it is to be a coincidence. As for 'awakenings', it's often meant to be the discovery of your animal-side in some way. I don't exactly know how though.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, but I hope the information I do have at least helps you a little bit.

Yes, it definitely helps! Thank you! So, can you have more than one kintype?

---

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 07:49:45 PM »
Yes, you can have multiple kintypes. And though I haven't heard of this from others, it should be possible to feel a phantom shift from a low number of multiple kintypes at the same time. Usually if you have multiple kintypes one tends to be stronger than the other once at a given time, so most only shift to one at a time. Also a lot of therians with multiple kintypes feel as if one of them is 'dominant' over the others, in the sense that shifts to that kintype feel stronger and/or happen more often. This does not count for all therians, however.

You also have 'cameo shifts', a mental/phantom shift to an animal that is not your kintype. These can feel somewhat random/weird due to their nature. However, if you experience cameo shifts to the same animal regularly (once a month for example), it might actually be an other kintype.

Offline Kara

• Optimistic Owl
  • "That's what's up."
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »
Yes, you can have multiple kintypes. And though I haven't heard of this from others, it should be possible to feel a phantom shift from a low number of multiple kintypes at the same time. Usually if you have multiple kintypes one tends to be stronger than the other once at a given time, so most only shift to one at a time. Also a lot of therians with multiple kintypes feel as if one of them is 'dominant' over the others, in the sense that shifts to that kintype feel stronger and/or happen more often. This does not count for all therians, however.

You also have 'cameo shifts', a mental/phantom shift to an animal that is not your kintype. These can feel somewhat random/weird due to their nature. However, if you experience cameo shifts to the same animal regularly (once a month for example), it might actually be an other kintype.

I am Dominant wolfkin, but also felinekin I guess.
Also, I really need an explanation for my four wings and halo? It only happens when I get my wolf ears and tail???

---

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 08:22:22 PM »
Like stated in my first reply here, I have no idea where those come from. Those don't make much sense to me either.

Offline Kara

• Optimistic Owl
  • "That's what's up."
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 08:26:35 PM »
Maybe I'm a winged wolf with a birth mutation.
Animals are often born with extra limbs.. so I don't see why I can't have four wings I guess.

---

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 08:39:36 PM »
Maybe, but four wings is a bit weird and it doesn't explain the halo. However, I can't come up with any better explanations, so I'll need to stop my help here for now. If you have more questions later, I'll be happy to look at them to see what I can do.

Offline Kara

• Optimistic Owl
  • "That's what's up."
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »
Maybe, but four wings is a bit weird and it doesn't explain the halo. However, I can't come up with any better explanations, so I'll need to stop my help here for now. If you have more questions later, I'll be happy to look at them to see what I can do.

I'm fairly sure my halo was just a shift, considering it's gone now.

I'm sure someone else has an explanation for my two sets of wings. :/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:20:52 AM by Kara »

---

Offline Kara

• Optimistic Owl
  • "That's what's up."
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
I have four wings??
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 08:43:35 PM »
I mentioned this in another topic I'm done with but, I have four phantom wings.
I am a winged wolf theriotype and have been for three years now.
I thought having four wings was normal until getting more into the community, I noticed nobody even spoke of it!
My wings are small, but the lower two are even smaller and often ache.

Does anyone have an explanation!?

---

Offline Dean

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Left the forums
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »
Did you ever consider being a wolf and a dragon? Some dragons have four wings. In the Japanese mythology there is a dragon with two big wings and two smaller ones. Does it sound similar?

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 12:37:01 PM »
I'm gonna go on a completely uneducated lim by asking if it's possible that your phantom limbs are a reflection of your psychology causing you to percieve them as wings?

Meaning that rather than just a "Birth-defect" (?-<) your 4 small, achy wings are actually a symbolic reflection of yourself telling you about something of yourself you just haven't developed yet.
You're saying you are a teen soo it's not abnormal you're still developing yourself.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 03:44:56 AM »
Phantom wings can be caused by alot of thi ngs. Im draconic, and sometimes I wince when something hits my wings. Phantom limbs are usually caused by an amputation, so it could be possible you're feeling your winged self struggling, trying to break free, but they can't. Of course, they can also be real, wings created out of thin air showing your true self, which could be the reason your birds reacted. If you ever want to talk more, you can start a private conversation with me.