The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The New Arrivals  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
The New Arrivals
« on: March 27, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »

Offline Skall

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Spero Spera
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Reddish fur, hair is a darker shade, bright blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 115 lbs.
  • Build: Petite, flexible, but surprisingly strong.
  • Currently: Fine. Really.
Re: The New Arrivals
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 01:44:18 AM »
Do we post character forms here?
We were never meant to walk over water. We were meant to immerse ourselves and recall how to move.

-- Margot Schlipp

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »
No, all forms and Out of Character chat goes in the OOC thread, linked above

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 06:46:04 AM »
(Hallo, hope we can get it going soon)
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 10:43:12 PM »
Big thanks again to Rocco for starting this and letting me carry it on for him :3 good luck buddy

OOC thread can be found here: (https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=36200.0)

And here we go:

Another batch had just arrived. Rori was told this two days ago; today would be the day she first met them. She looked at the clock: 8.32 am, 'should be enough time for them to have gotten ready' she thought. Rori was wearing a navy blue coat with the official country crest on it and the word 'guide' printed on the back. Adjusting the coat, she opened the door to the guests' common room and entered. There before sitting around a fireplace was a pale coloured hyena, a golden lion, cream-coloured fennec, snowy husky and a red fox. They all looked quite at ease around each other, considering they may have never met before.
"Right guys, can I get your attention please ?" she said. "My name's Rori and I'm your guide for the time being. I trust you've all had a good first few days here, but I think it's time we got started. First thing, it's very important you keep your ID badges on at all times, there's no other way to identify you with besides that." She flipped through the notes she had been given for a second. "Since its your first proper day here, you might want to go out into town to get some things. If that's the case then a group could come with me. Alternatively you could stay here and get acquainted with the hotel a bit more, maybe read a newspaper or watch the news a bit more." She looked around at the group before adding, "any questions ?"
[/URL]

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 10:15:56 AM »
She shook her head, just hoping she could see her husband again
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: lean build; athletic tone
  • Currently: A fluffy ball of anxiety
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 01:14:13 AM »
Sam Wilson sat in his chair, knees drawn to his chest. He was clearly uncomfortable. He looked around at all the creatures in the room, then at the assigned ID tag pinned to his grimy scarf. Such a sudden shift in realities sure took its toll on him. He wasn't sure if it was just another blurry night from all the gutrot, or if some punk junkie was pulling some a prank on him. He wasn't scared - just shaken... maybe even in shock. But he was always grateful for any given hospitality. He'd stuffed some candies from the small dish into his pocket when no one else would notice, and the fire was a plus.

Just as he was beginning to come to terms with his strange transformation, a kind-sounding dog walked into the room.

Sam never spoke a word to anyone up until this moment.

"W-where are we?..."

His rough (and yet still so soft) voice filled the quiet room.

He wasn't looking anywhere other than at his newly acquired tail that lay across his feet, but he was clearly addressing the sweet smelling canine up front.
  • Avatar by: Jenny Lloyd ©Compassionate Dorset
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
You don't know what that means...
Because a KITCHEN SINK to you
Is not a KITCHEN SINK to me
Okay, friend?

Offline S husky

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 03:36:04 AM »
(Sorry for the late reply. Don't know why I didn't see the thread link.)

The husky already found himself a comfortable seat at the corner of the room. He always kept to himself, never getting in the way of things. He did have a few questions to ask but he was too shy. Which, in fact, he never is. He had his ID in his wallet, which was stuffed inside his right pocket; alongside other things like candy and gum wrappers. He perked his ears up, hearing all kinds of conversations filling up the room.

He wasn't able to pick up one.

The husky got up from his chair, hands in his pocket. He stood by the window looking out of it, watching the traffic go by. A deep sigh escaped his mouth and a wet cloud was left on the window. He smirked to himself, looking over his shoulder as he draws something on the window...

Something quite immature.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »
Rori looked over at the hyena and answered, 'Surely you should know that by now, you're in a different place populated by walking talking animals instead of these human creatures with little hope of going back there, so I hope you enjoy it here,' she said with a sigh. Truth hurts, but it's best to hear it outright than having false hope, she thought.
Looking around, she saw the husky over by the window. Looking down at her notes she tried to find his name. 'Drew,' she said. 'Let's be focusing on this for the time being please, you have all the time in the world to be drawing profanity on windows later,

'Getting back on point, if there is anyone who wants to come with me out, I need you to stand over in this area,' as she gestured near the door. 'otherwise you're free to roam about here.'
[/URL]

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: lean build; athletic tone
  • Currently: A fluffy ball of anxiety
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 01:52:08 AM »
Sam lifted his paws up to observe them again, for the umpteenth time.

"S-so this is my life now," he said as more of a statement than a question.

He sniffed the air without much of a thought about it. He wasn't sure, nor could he explain, why the guide's scent made him feel at ease. It was as though the scent came from a happier time in his life long past. What happy time, he couldn't recall. He didn't remember the last time he was so at ease. All the sleepless nights and cold concrete had done drained away any hope he thought he'd had left, but now-.... Could he really start all over again? Would things be better here... in this new place... with this new body... and this new life?

He pocketed his paws and tightly clutched the yarn doll he knew as 'Wilson.' Anything he could have wanted to go back for, he already had right there with him: his best friend. He somehow already knew what Wilson would say, if Sam had asked him what he thought. Wilson had been optimistic. The doll knew that anything that happened from where they were, only a few days ago, could only get better. Sam agreed.

Nowhere to go but up, he thought.

Sam twitched and got to his feet and slowly approached the guide. He moved close enough so that only she could her him.  His gaze was cast downward, never looking her in the eye. "I-I can't afford anything in town," he admitted quietly. "W-what's it like, this p-place?"
  • Avatar by: Jenny Lloyd ©Compassionate Dorset
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
You don't know what that means...
Because a KITCHEN SINK to you
Is not a KITCHEN SINK to me
Okay, friend?

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 02:29:19 AM »
Sitting in a chair she sighed, she always knew this place existed. Never told anybody but her husband. The only one that excepted that crazy young lady with a smart mouth and smarter brain. She pulled her wallet out, the worn leather sliding in her hands. The cream colored fox flipped it open and stared at the picture of her husband. She sighed and pulled the butterfly knife out of her pocket, flipping it open the sharp edge seemed to be the floor of a dance in the rays of light. She stood and flipped the knife closed and put it back in her pocket. Roaming towards the door a laugh barely escaped her lips when she saw what was on the window. It was what her husband would have done... What she would have done.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline S husky

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 10:55:35 PM »
(Do I go? I took my turn when I wasn't supposed to.)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 03:09:54 PM »
Yeah yeah go for it, I dont think the others have really gotten the memo that we've begun :P
[/URL]

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 06:20:22 AM »
(please don't let it diiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee))
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Placebo
  • Coloring: Grey, white n flamey
  • Height: Smol
  • Weight: idk rude
  • Build: idk, I guess athletic?
  • Currently: waiting for next Christmas
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 07:47:10 AM »
//heckin heck, I've meant to reply to this ages ago rip

It was only standard that Adrian would be late to a meeting. His sense of punctuality was ridiculous, and even though it had got him into trouble many times before, he never seemed to learn his lesson.

So when he barged through the door into the room which held his fellow guide and a bunch of newcomers, he simply stubbed his cigarette out on the door frame and laughed obnoxiously.

"Look at ya pathetic faces," he snorted, crossing his arms and slouching against a wall. "Bloody hilarious when a new lot comes in, innit Rori?" He took a quick moment to look around the room, already trying to mentally sort them into those who would give him no trouble, and those who would require some work.