The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Request for a new character (details inside)  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Request for a new character (details inside)
« on: March 25, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
This is an art request for a new character of mine. He is part of a story collaboration between myself and a friend of mine here on the Forum. My reasons for this are two-fold: I want to have a visual image for my friend so he can get a better idea of what my character (who, for now, remains nameless) looks like, and so I can have a new character image to add to my collection. Details are as follows:

///The Weary Wanderer\\\

Species: Tiger/Dragon-shifter

Age: Easy, but story-based; he looks no older than twenty-five, but is, in truth, well over three hundred years old.

Anthro or Feral (quadruped): Anthro

Body Type/Build: Muscular, much like a Tiger; left arm is mechanical (reference pics will be below), but mechanically and bio-mechanically engineered to be as strong as his other arm.

Fur/scales/body Color: Orange with black stripes, standard Tiger fur pattern where applicable (see markings).

Any Markings: Multiple facial scars, most prominent scar being a three-line parallel scar running from the top of his left temple across his face down to his right lower jaw. Also has several bodily scars, most notably on his chest and back. Apart from the aforementioned prominent scar, draw them as you deem prudent, so long as it looks like he's been through hell.

Hair Style & Color: No hair style, head looks like that of a standard tiger.

Eye Color: His eyes are that of a dragon's, but they shift color according to what he feels; red for anger and hostility, purple for sadness, fear, and melancholy, and blue for happiness and peace.

Clothing: Clothing can be a bit tricky; he wears a hooded, hand-stitched cloak of leathery skins made from an unknown creature, and it usually covers most of his body (except his head, when his hood is down). Beneath his cloak, he wears a gray Jedi tunic, damaged but not tattered.

Accessories: None aside from his weapons (M41-A Pulse Rifle, twin lightsabers, reference pics below)

Personality: He is usually seen as cynical and angry (red eyes), easily provoked into violence. Some have seen a softer side of him, when deep in melancholic thought or mourning, and a few have seen him wake from his nightmares terrified (all of it, Purple eyes). None yet have seen him happy and calm (blue eyes).

Anything else you think I should know:
There are a few different ways I would like to see him drawn, but only one is required. More would be nice, but only one is needed. The easiest to pull off would be to draw him just in a normal standing stance - all that would be needed here would be to draw his head and his cloak, which drops all the way down to the ground, but not quite touching it. Optional variations would be to have a lightsaber blade protruding from the cloak's opening (if you do color, both his blades are Imperial Crimson in color, but only one would be visible for this variation), or with part of his rifle protruding from the cloak (for this variation, regardless of color, the only part of the rifle visible would be the barrel and front of the weapon, but him being right-handed, his left hand - the mechanical one - will be visible gripping the handguard for the pump-action grenade launcher. His facial expression would be that of cynical hostility, his eyes red, his face looking angry, but not decidedly angry.

The second variation would be slightly trickier, but attempt if you feel you can. This variation would involve him in bed, sitting up as though he just awoke. He'll be without his shirt, but his lower body will be inside a blanket. Optional variations would be to draw him crying, or wide-eyed as though he had a nightmare. Either way, his eyes would be purple.

Finally, the last variation is the most difficult - attempt at your own risk. Again, I stress only one is needed. Others are optional. This image would portray him ready to unleash his power. His rifle will not be present in this image, but both his lightsabers would be drawn and active, he would appear walking, his cloak high up and fluttering in what would seem to be swirling wind to give a clear view of his body and weapons. Optional effect would be to have force lightning crackling around his wrists and forearms.

Finally, and this is purely optional, if you can find or think of one, include somewhere on the image a quote that fits the image or fits how scarred, angry or tormented he looks.

/// Reference Images \\\

Lightsabers: I would prefer this model, but if you can't manage it, draw what you can. The important detail here is that both are identical.
http://img09.deviantart.net/a206/i/2015/121/5/e/swtor_sith_warrior_saber_2_by_jamesvillanueva-d2v9qbv.jpg

Mechanical arm: The arm will be much like the image below (look at the guy on the right, in white), but absent of the face mask and customized for a tiger like the wanderer:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/3b/Arcann4.png/revision/latest?cb=20161227153002

M41-A Pulse Rifle: I don't expect anyone to draw the entire rifle - merely what I specified. I fully realize not everyone is as gun-savvy as I am.
https://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/original/yp_55ce2884ccc7d5.11484042/Aliens-M41-A-Pulse-Rifle-1.jpg

/// Final Notes \\\

I fully realize I am asking a lot. I tried to offer the simplest way to pull this off that I could. Again, I stress that I only need one image; more would be nice, but not required. And I ask this be done for free because I never have a lot of spare money as it is. If I did, I would not hesitate to put this up as a commission. Finally, if anyone - and I mean ANYONE - has an idea for an image for this guy that I have not specified, please, let me hear it, over a PM or in this topic. I would love to see how other artists would draw the wanderer.

--Rom
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.