The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 4089 times)

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
Star Wars
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:21:29 AM »
I absolutely adore the star wars universe through out my life. Just found it so interesting and fun to look into.  So why not make a thread to talk about it.  From Canon to Legends, here you can talk about or post anything Star wars. From videos, art, or have a nice discussion over certain topics.

Rules

Please don't fight and stick to Forums rules.

I'll start out by sharing few of my favorite fan videos from youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk0bRElYuXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEOn_1wQJ5k

also any thoughts on the Death Troopers novel?  Just to maybe start a discussion.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:24:22 AM by ? »
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline PUGINATOR

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • ww2/ww1 enthusiast
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Currently: Avatar by, PUGINATOR
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 12:38:22 AM »
I like the old starwars movies now they seem to be declining in quality

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:41:36 AM »
Yea, I can see that. I wasn't really a big fan of the whole Force Awakens when that came about. After watching was kinda like " meh ".  Though I haven't got around to seeing Rouge One yet.   But yea I must agree the old movies are great for sure.
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Firox

• I is very friendly! No worries
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (still reply to my other sonas, in signature)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox *Flareon*
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
  • Height: 3ft / 91 cm, lenght: 3ft 6in / 106cm, tail: 3ft 6in / 105cm
  • Weight: 38 lbs / 17kg
  • Build: playful, caring, competitive
  • Currently: friendly and full of fun - love chocolate chip cookies!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 05:44:34 AM »
Still kind of new to the Star Wars, started about a month before Force Awaken was release, so far been loving them all

So hard for me to decide.
Info on my sona
Vay, female, Vaporeon, New York CIty, New York
Joseph, male, Jolteon, Kansas City, Missouri
Aaron, male, Flareon, McMinnville, Oregon
Arval, male, Umbreon,  San Francisco, California
Jyo, male, Espeon, Seattle, Washington
Linette, female, Leafeon, Biloxi, Mississippi
Grace, female, Glaceon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sherrie, female, Sylveon, Las Vegas, Nevada

8 opposite gender mates:
Leonardo, male, Vaporeon, Venice, Italy
Robyn, female, Jolteon, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fleur, female, Flareon, Marseille, France
Aycan, female, Umbreon, Istanbul, turkey
Elise, female, Espeon, Basseterre, St. Kitts-Nevis
Zoran, male, Leafeon, Velez, North Macedonia
Florian, male, Glaceon, Craiova, Romania
Seth, male, Sylveon, Ashgabath, Turkmenistan

My other supporting sonas:
Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 02:01:34 AM »
I have seen Rogue One. The last scene... was so awesome. I won't spoil what happened. But it gave me goosebumps.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Willow the Jerboa

• Avid Aardvark
  • I am super new so feel free to introduce yourself.
    • Awards
  • Species: Jerboa
  • Coloring: Tan, Brown, White, and a bit of Black on my tail
  • Height: 6''2" Mostly legs
  • Weight: 185 Lbs
  • Build: Thin, tall, and not very muscular.
  • Currently: Looking for friends <3
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 12:31:41 AM »
Is it bad that I have still not seen any of the Star Wars movies? I have tried three times but something always comes up

Offline PUGINATOR

• Avid Aardvark
  • ww2/ww1 enthusiast
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Currently: Avatar by, PUGINATOR
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »
Put aside all else and find a day or two on the weekend to binge watch them all i remember my first time watching them all back to back it was awsome

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 08:26:34 PM »
Is it bad that I have still not seen any of the Star Wars movies? I have tried three times but something always comes up

You have not seen the movies?! HERESY!!!

lol just kidding. But I agree with PUGINATOR. When you have time, binge watch the entire series. But if you REALLY want Star Wars Immersion, try reading some of the books that go beyond the Battle of Endor, the Extended Universe content. Not that reused-death-star-idea that was The Force Awakens. Disney screwed up in that regard IMO.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 04:18:38 PM »
So, I should star by saying OH MY GOD I LOVE STAR WARS!!!!!!

*ehem*

As for fan films there is one called Star Wars Downunder which is a comedy built on the premise of what if the Star Wars universe was populated by Australian stereotypes.  It's amusing enough but the production values are really high.  What is most amazing is that they have an Astromech droid which is good enough to be in a "real" film IMHO

Here's a link to my favourite few seconds
https://youtu.be/mhTn8cjm9ZM?t=4m43s

I know there is a lot of strongly held opinion in the fanbase.  People hate on the prequels, the force awakens and rogue one with such passion.  I've heard it said that no one hates star wars as much as star wars fans! XD

Anyway, while I don't want to open THAT can of worms I am interested in people's opinions on something.

Just about every fan can tell you which is their most favourite and least favourite film, but it got me wondering: is there any universal criteria for how to determine your order of preference?  Or failing that, how do YOU decide which you like most?

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 07:40:48 PM »
I have seen Rogue One. The last scene... was so awesome. I won't spoil what happened. But it gave me goosebumps.
That scene alone was worth the price of admission.

I've been a Star Wars fan since I was pretty young. The prequels let me down, but I never stopped loving the universe, and the newer movies since Disney took over have been a huge step up from that. As good as the classic trilogy? That's debatable, but Force Awakens and Rogue One were definitely good enough to rekindle my fandom. Also Rebels is quite good.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 03:55:44 AM »
I am not a big Star Wars fan. I've seen all of them, though I haven't seen episodes 1-3 in a long time.

I think they are decent movies, some more than others, but never really understood all the hype. Lord of the Rings is more my thing lol.

I enjoyed Force Awakens. Haaaaated Rogue One. Terrible, terrible character development. I wanted to walk out on it. I have the feeling it was probably better for people who read the books but I'm not one of those people.  :/

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »
Wondering what everyone thinks of the latest Last Jedi trailer, and if you’re pro-porg or anti-porg. I’m pro-porg, as long as they’re not overused. The crystal foxes look cool too.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 01:11:06 AM »
I'm reserving judgment on the porgs. If they are as likeable as BB8 then I'm on board.

Last Jedi trailer was cool. Crystal foxes are intriguing, I think we'll see them welcomed into the furry fandom.

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »
Original Trilogy – My interest and admiration for these films is renewed every time I see some new writing on them. Cracked podcast’s episode “Star Wars: A Cultural History” has the most insightful look on the series as a whole. From what I’ve read, most people like “The Empire Strikes Back” the most, and think that “Return of the Jedi” was the weakest installment. I didn’t mind the last Jedi so much, but I do wish that Stephen Spielberg had directed it. I would like to see how that would have turned out.

The Phantom Menace – I don’t dislike this one as much as most people do. I was nine when it came out, and I would have liked just about anything Star Wars at the time. I actually liked Jarjar; I had never seen anything like it at the time. I understand, now that I’m an adult, why the movie was a disappointment to just about everyone else, but I wasn’t aware that it was until I was 18. By then, other interests had taken over.

Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith – This is where Lucas’s disinterest in the series really starts to show. These movies were boring. Even when I was a kid, I didn’t like them very much. John Williams’s score is totally uninspired here; Hayden Christensen’s acting is as stale as a leftover taco shell. The origin of the name “Darth Vader” (Which I thought was a mix of the words “dark,” “wrath,” and “invader”)was the lamest christening ever. The only thing I was entertained by was Palpatine’s exagerrated reaction to Mace Windu’s confrontation, and even that likely for all the wrong reasons.

The Clone Wars – Didn’t see it. Don’t even know if it’s even considered canon.

The Force Awakens – In context of the catastrophe that was the prequel trilogy, I could appreciate this movie’s goal as being “not as bad as the last three.” Sure, it’s little more than a rehash of “A New Hope,” and I wouldn’t give it any higher than a C+, but I didn’t mind it all that much. I thought the J.J. Abrams vibes were very refreshing.

Rogue 1 – [TRIGGER WARNING: HOSTILE CRITICISM] This was the movie that convinced me to never go to the movies again. My attention span is not vast to begin with, and I was aching to get up and leave about ten minutes in. The few characters that interested me, the robot and the blind asian ninja guy, had obscenely little screen time. My opinion on this is about the same as Doug Walker’s opinion on the Digimon movie: It should be hard to make an action film boring. Solution? Put nothing but action in, and when you run out of action scenes, put filler in between them.

The Last Jedi and Solo – I actually saw neither of these films. My sister really liked TLJ. My brother hated it. I thought I might be the middle-man in this scenario, but my brother (and virtually everyone else)’s hatred of it dissuaded me from watching it myself. Now, I was actually afraid of what might happen at the theatre when “Solo” came out. I thought there might be protesters and rioters trying to stop people from seeing the movie. I was glad to not hear of any, so far, but at this point, I’m starting to find the politics surrounding the Star Wars franchise more intersting than the films themselves.  :nerd:

Post Merge: June 19, 2018, 03:42:41 PM
I actually consider Robot Chicken’s take on it more canonical than the films. My personal favorite thing to come out of the franchise is the “Star Wars Field Guide” by Terry Whitlatch and Bob Carrau. It’s a must-read for artists and biology nerds.

I haven’t played a ton of the games; Here’s what I did play and what I thought of it: The Phantom Menace was okay but not worth replaying. I liked Rebel Assault II; RA1 was absurdly difficult. Pod Racer was better than The Phantom Menace, though needlessly complicated when it came to customising your pod. Super Star Wars for the SNES were laughable cash-ins, showcasing LucasArt’s inexperience with making Video Games. X-Wing Alliance had the stiffest windshield frames ever and, like Pod Racer, was needlessly complicated. Lego Star Wars, like most modern Lego “franchise adaptation” games, was a generic platformer. Honestly, the appeal of those games are lost on me. Lego was creative when they stuck to their own titles, but that, I guess, is a topic for another thread.

Anyway, wanna end on a good note: Go read the Shakespeare adaptations of Star Wars by Ian Doescher. I haven’t read them myself, but they look like a worthwhile alternative for anyone fed up with the direction the films have taken.  :dapper:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:42:42 PM by jechoes90, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."