The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Professional Wrestling  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Professional Wrestling
« on: March 07, 2017, 07:01:07 PM »
I know it's a niche sport, but are there any fans of pro wrestling?
Not just WWE, but Ring of Honor/TNA/NJPW or just old school like ECW or WCW.

I'm a huge fan of older WWE (WWF) and Stone Cold (best moment was him stunning the current President).
I also loved John Cena during his heel phase, the Doctor of Thuganomics.
And The Shield, probably the best stable around since WCCWs' Devastation Inc.

So, anyone else a fan? Talk about your favorite wrestler(s) or match.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:05:54 PM by Blaiiine »
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Professional Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 02:39:07 AM »
Yup! Grew up with it. WWF/E, a little ECW/WCW. And plenty of AAA and CMLL from our grandpa's TV.

I haven't watched it as much in recent years, but I'm a big fan of a few. Bray Wyatt is amazing, for example. He's turning into a new age Undertaker in his role, which is rad since the Dead Man is getting pretty beat up with all the stuff his body's taken over the years.

I'm also a fan of Roman Reigns. I don't care who thinks what. People use to many excuses to hate on him for things that weren't even his fault. Like getting the belt before Ambrose because "Ambrose has more experience". Yeah. But that's not how the business works. You have to wonder how many of these dweebs would gladly take the same opportunity Reigns took if they were in his shoes? Very, very few people would turn that down. - That being said, I also totally dig the Shield overall. Rollins and Ambrose alike. They're rad.

Otherwise, I'd say my favorites were (as a kid when I watched it more religiously) Bret Hart, Undertaker, and Jake the Snake Roberts. I also REALLY loved the Japanese legend Hayabusa and luchadore Abyssmo Negro. (RIP to both :\ )

If you know XPW and some various indy/Japan/Mexico stuff, you might know Joey Kaos? My brother and I are friends with him, and I got the chance to go train at his school, which was rad. Even with the minor indy work my brother and I did, his school kicked me butt pretty hard. But it was fun! I almost threw up, and pushups killed me, but he said my squat game and stamina were better than most of their students, which is pretty nice to hear.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 02:40:40 AM by Calun Vampyrum »
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 02:49:10 AM »
Yeah, I've heard of him on some of the wrestling forums but never got to see him.

I live in Texas, where the Von Erichs' started WCCW, and my mother was friends with a girl in high school whose father was a close friend with I think Kerry von Erich. This girl was at Von Erichs' house and hid his alcohol as a joke. He ended coming home and just roidraged all over the house. It's a funny story to tell, sad that most of the Von Erichs' are deceased.

And I agree with Roman. He has a great look and gimmick as the "Big Dog". The only thing I could complain about with him is his mic work and the fact that he's poorly booked. The creative department is his worst enemy.

Did you see Steve Austin's speech after his King of the Ring victory? He laid into Jake Roberts and gave him the old Austin 3:16 treatment.

((It was actually Kerry Von Erich, who is the last surviving Von Erich brother))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 02:57:47 AM by Blaiiine »

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 02:58:51 AM »
Ohhh, yeah, that's true. And that's pretty crazy! My old middle school English teacher is cousins with Ric Flair, and for a while waaaaay back, he was very nearly the next Nature Boy. But he preferred teaching. lol So we had some cool stories and photos to see and hear.

Definitely agreed about the booking and mic work. I always tell people that Reigns has a lot of potential and will be amazing with time. He's good now, but will be great if people just give him a chance.

And no, I didn't. lol That's great.
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 03:03:21 AM »
Yeah before he was famous, Ric Flair used to show up at wrestling shows drunk as a skunk and would threaten the wrestlers. The Nature Boy is insane in an amazing way.

I'm guessing Roman will go on to beat Undertaker and Braun Strowman. Then go on to beat Goldberg for that sweet, sweet gold championship.

((Totally editing this, but I just found that the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame in my town is having an indie wrestling event with rising indy stars. And as if that wasn't cool enough, MICK FREAKING FOLEY is coming to be inducted. And he posted that he'd be at the wrestling event. I'M DYING.))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:31:25 AM by Blaiiine »