The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Home Page as Offline  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Home Page as Offline
« on: January 09, 2017, 03:15:08 PM »
Going to the home page (thefurryforum.com) this last week (approx.) gives me an error message sometimes. Most of the time it shows the home page of the forums wit the banner at the top asking to Retry For Live Version (which usually only happened to me when the forums were actually down).
But when I go to the forum part (thefurryforum.com/forums) then there is no problem! It shows it's just online.
And I know from at least one other person they have this issue as well.

(I know I addressed this before in another topic, but considering it might be about something else like a bug, I decided to create a separate topic for it.)

Thanks for reading :)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Home Page as Offline
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:27:22 AM »
I'm assuming this is someway related to the homepage taking a very long time to load.

Hmnm if it weren't for the shoutbox I would suggest just temporarily removing the homepage altogether
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:09:23 AM »
I have the same issue as well.

And speaking of the home page. How about a slight update of the welcome-text on it?
For example, the poking thread is dead and buried at this point, and has been for almost a year now.
Some of the other stuff seems kinda outdated-ish as well.

I think temporarily removing it and giving it a quick update could be a good idea.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 06:41:44 AM »
I have the same issue as well.

And speaking of the home page. How about a slight update of the welcome-text on it?
For example, the poking thread is dead and buried at this point, and has been for almost a year now.
Some of the other stuff seems kinda outdated-ish as well.

I think temporarily removing it and giving it a quick update could be a good idea.

I can do that, any ideas of a good welcome text? Or should we just go with a generic "Welcome to the furry forum, put your paws up and make yourself at home!"

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: I wanna learn to code dammit x3
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 08:04:18 AM »
I think that's an awesome idea.. and a good welcome message :p .
  • Avatar by: Nana (from furry amino)
  • Signature art by: Fable

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 08:30:54 AM »
I checked yesterday when going to thefurryforum.com/forums and it gives now the same error with the Retry for Live version.
And the homepage does take a long time to load, but that's not the direct issue. When I click on a nacigation button, it brings me to the forums as a logged in member, and when I click the home page button, it takes me there, logged in. Granted, a slow loading time, but it shows the screen when I'm logged in.
But with this issue, it's going to the site itself (be it just thefurryforum.com or thefurryforums.com/forums
I can try at some point what happens if I try to go to other lnks of the website without clicking buttons and just typing it in the browser?
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 06:31:24 AM »
I checked yesterday when going to thefurryforum.com/forums and it gives now the same error with the Retry for Live version.
And the homepage does take a long time to load, but that's not the direct issue. When I click on a nacigation button, it brings me to the forums as a logged in member, and when I click the home page button, it takes me there, logged in. Granted, a slow loading time, but it shows the screen when I'm logged in.
But with this issue, it's going to the site itself (be it just thefurryforum.com or thefurryforums.com/forums
I can try at some point what happens if I try to go to other lnks of the website without clicking buttons and just typing it in the browser?

The retry does not seem like a homepage problem if you're connecting via www.thefurryforums.com/forum. I don't understand the problem you're saying there on the second line onwards, could you rephrase and perhaps post screenshots to show what you mean?

Also, I edited the welcome message with some more modern threads. Namely the Random Thread (which probably will never die) and Furry Cafe II (which, when/if it does die, I'll update). Also removed the references to the Paradise Inn. Whoops was editing a deprecated page, ignore that part. Still modified the Welcome message a bit.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:56:04 AM by anoni »