The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: [Technical] Notifications via Email  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: lean build; athletic tone
  • Currently: A fluffy ball of anxiety
[Technical] Notifications via Email
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:06:38 AM »
I'm not sure if I haven't come across this yet, (and if it really is a thing that I'm just missing it, please tell me,) but I think there should be a way for us to customize our notifications and have us be notified via email.

e.g. someone replies to my post, I get an email saying so.
e.g. someone replies to my thread, I get an email saying so.
e.g. a topic or thread I'm following gets updated, I get an email saying so.
e.g. a topic or thread I'm following gets a reply from someone else, I get an email saying so.

And options to toggle all of these things.
Options to change what email address these notifications are sent to would be good, as well.

Do we already have this and I'm just not seeing it, or is this a good idea?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:23:40 AM by anoni, Reason: Added Technical Tag »
  • Avatar by: Jenny Lloyd ©Compassionate Dorset
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
You don't know what that means...
Because a KITCHEN SINK to you
Is not a KITCHEN SINK to me
Okay, friend?

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: Notifications via Email
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »
Whilst limited, there does exist a feature to notify you in some of these cases; Primarily that is for threads and boards you're following (by clicking the 'notify' button next to the 'reply' & 'mark read' buttons).

There are a few settings related to these notifications in Profile > Modify Profile > Notifications.

I believe the notifications should all go to the same email address you used to sign up for the forum (unless changed) and already receive notifications for PM's and such to; You can change this in Profile > Account Settings.

---
That said, the existing notifications system is a bit limited in that you will only receive notifications for boards and threads where you've specifically requested it (by clicking said button) - so no option to automatically enable it in case someone would quote your post, nor for threads you've started.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!