The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New Digimon?! (A reboot to the original)  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
New Digimon?! (A reboot to the original)
« on: December 23, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »
I know, Digimon is old. It died off. Yep, I know that... But, the new addition to the original series is actually a series of six movies, split up into four anime episodes each and it's about the digimon partners when they're in high school. I was skeptical entering this one. But, at my store so many people bought Digimon figurines recently due to the revived digimon anime, that I decided to give it a shot... And it's actually not half bad. It hit the nostalgia a bit (Sometimes when I was a kid I would watch pieces of it was't really a huge fan of it, but I liked it).  And because they're movies it's going to be a while till it's finished. I'd give it 8.5/10. Which is an alright rating I guess. It's still the same kind of action though, so don't expect the action to be that great. The first 4 episodes are slow and weak. In my opinion second set of episodes was getting better. Third set, I have to admit, I sat there saying, NO BULL! You can't do that! Why! (In a good way.) So it did get dark. Give it a go! I actually got feels, as much as I HATE to admit it.
(Oh yeah for those non fans, I'll tell you a couple things, because I needed to do research to figure it out. Basically all digimons start at level 2 ish (Considered chidren) (Like agumon). The white cat digimon, Tailmon or gatomon, starts off at level 3 (Considered an adult). And can't evolve further because of some events that took place in the original series. Everyone else can evolve. As well as the villian that appears in the show (The human villain) is the same original villain from Digimon 02. Everyone in the show has a small plus shaped device that glow when digimon evolve and stuff. The younger brother and sister of two of the characters have a different one because they weren't originally the so called 'chosen digichildren' and were added on later. It isn't anything special if I remember though.(He turned good though, so that's why everyone in the anime is so confused.)
 (Oh yeah RIP opening for those that used to watch the show in Japanese. The guy that sung the anime hit record opening called Butterfly died. Which sucks. They remixed with another band, but it ain't the same.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:03:02 PM by Ori »
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)