The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Issue with posting new topics  (Read 958 times)

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
Issue with posting new topics
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:06:40 AM »
Hello there

I have been experiencing an issue with posting new topics, and occasionally with replying to posts.
When hitting the 'post' button after writing my post and including various formatting, I will have a message come up stating there is an error and words to the effect of 'there is no text in the body'. Despite the fact I have clearly typed out a full message.
Hitting post again will usually post the message, but destroy all the formatting, and the text size, reducing it to miniscule size, with no paragraph breaks, etc.
I'm not sure if it's linked to the formatting controls for the forum, or some other kind of issue. Removing the spoiler I had originally put into the topic around the character sheet seems to have allowed me to make the post, though that seems like an error in itself that they aren't compatible.

If you check my topic in the roleplay companion board - https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=35050.0 - you can see that I've had to edit it and settle for changing the text size, rather than using standard size text as set by the forum.

I don't know if anyone else has been having this issue, but reporting it seems like a good idea.
Hopefully, posting this topic won't suffer the same issue. It would be somewhat ironic if I had a problem posting a topic about problems with posting topics.
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Issue with posting new topics
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 01:48:02 PM »
I think the tiny-font issue with posting should be addressed. I at least would like to have this problem fixed, rather than to have to use a work-around by checking with the Toggle-view button :)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter